What's new

Dubai court fines Indian man $136,000 for RTA insult

Rizwan Alam

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Dubai’s Court of First Instance has sentenced an Indian worker to a Dhs500,000 ($136,125) fine and three months in prison for accusing the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) of ripping off the poor.

Gulf News reports that the 25-year-old sent the authority a disgruntled accusing it of taking “poor people’s money by making them intentionally fail in driving tests and forcing them to repeat the tests” after he failed his test.

The RTA reported the email to Dubai Police.

Presiding judge Mohammad Jamal handed out the Dhs500,000 fine for mocking and offending a government department via email after the defendant pleaded not guilty.

“The mobile device that was used in the crime will be confiscated. The defendant will be deported following the completion of his punishment,” he was quoted as saying.

The man was charged in breach of the county’s cybercrime laws and misusing email.

He argued he was frustrated after failing the test and sent the message from his iPhone.

The defendant was not present in court for the ruling but has 15 days to appeal.

http://gulfbusiness.com/dubai-court-fines-indian-man-136000-for-rta-insult/

I failed only once, and had the same feeling but once I went again for 8 extra classes with mistakes sheet, the trainer told me where I went wrong. I overcame my flaws and got the license in next attempt. But again, such a huge amount is ridiculous.

I hope his fine gets pardoned. they could have fined him 1000 dollars that alone would have served as a strong warning for people.

Some kind of misunderstanding must have happened here.

1) This fine is probably pure nonsense as this person (most likely) will never earn this much in his lifetime so expecting him to pay this fine is pure fantasy. How will this person pay such an amount of money? It's impossible. So what are we discussing here? We don't know all the facts or even if this news is accurate.

2) He will most likely "escape" by paying a symbolic fine and the next time he does something similar he will be deported.

3) Such statements are incredibly dangerous as they can undermine the credibility of an entire system. His statement is pure nonsense too.

where is the western media? :)

What Western media? They have no business in the internal affairs of UAE and besides there are much more ridiculous fines in the West let alone law suits. US is famous for this. Besides parts of the Western media is already attacking Arabs and Muslims 24/7. Strange comment.

They have no business in the internal affairs of UAE a

thats called sarcasm.. western media does always have their orgasms when they find such things.. specially if they have an agenda running.. they dont care on internal affairs of other countries in their own eyes they are the good rightous ppl

so where are the voices the big "oh my god the evil country does such and such" in the media? :)

but this curt desicion is very very very ridiculous.. the amount of money is huge and behind any good .. and by doing this they made his statement true..

this little thing should not have passed to curt but it went through and showed one thing.. you are living in a dictatorship or call it the old way kingdom and you arnt allowed to have an own mind and to criticize the system.. else you will be severely punished beyond any reasonable decency..

this kind of statements are everywhere and many ppl do it.. for excample in western world you can see this daily committed by thousands of ppl but the western system does not fear the ppl they know that this can happen by frustration.. but for such systems frustration is very dangerous they need to be hard to ensure their power.. so it is dangerous for them because the ppl could criticize them and then wanting something other - imagine what would saddam do.. he would not let those ppl alive so the indian guy can claim to be happy not to be beheaded he messed up the wrong guy but not the insane guy.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom