What's new

Drone Strike Targets Top Al Qaeda Leader

The Pakistani officials say it was him, the U.S. official said they were targeting him. And your pic just shows kids on a ride.

these "Arab guests" should get a message that Pakistan is a dangerous place to have as a hideout
they should try some other country now.

I have a mixed feeling. I am relieved that a top terrorist is killed but for every single known terrorist death the count of civilian deaths is horrific and that fact stops me from feeling elated.

these "Arab guests" should get a message that Pakistan is a dangerous place to have as a hideout
they should try some other country now.

well, they're moving to Yemen remember. But probably due to environmental issues, i.e. less mountanous terrain and lack of proper remote areas they are finding it hard to settle there.

BTW, how are CIA tracking these targets in NW on the ground to mark them for the kill? they must have SOME spy network there.

well, they're moving to Yemen remember. But probably due to environmental issues, i.e. less mountanous terrain and lack of proper remote areas they are finding it hard to settle there.

BTW, how are CIA tracking these targets in NW on the ground to mark them for the kill? they must have SOME spy network there.

in the past ISI used to provide them with ground intel, now I am not so sure. maybe they have recruited some locals or some Afghans. ISI has lost a lot of personal while operting in these dangerous parts.

Taliban/ Al qaeda are extremely paranoid and are known to execute their own and locals on regular bases on suspicion of spying.
I hope Alqeda terrorists are able to go back to their countries of origin and let our Arab "brothers" get the taster of what the people of our country have been facing for the past 10 years.

on one hand I see drone strikes, bomb blasts and beheading every now and then and then I see my Arab brothers opening up yet another 5 star hotel or F1 track or a new beach and it makes me wonder if my Arab brothers should spare few thoughts for these exiles and take them back so that they can also enjoy the comforts and luxury that all the preto dollars can buy from the West

I know my Arab brothers will be mindful of that and they have done sooo much for us already. they dont need to send the sacrificial meat from Hajj this year, instead they should try to accommodate these Arab guests back in their countries. that way it will save them the commissions they have to pay over Hundi to intermediaries when they send money to these Arab "guests" in our country.

there might be some drone strikes and some civilian deaths but I hope that our Arab brothers wont mind, there are not many AQ leaders left so it might be all over within a couple of years instead of more than ten years.

I hope our Arab brothers understand that there is a limit to everything, even patience.

in the past ISI used to provide them with ground intel, now I am not so sure. maybe they have recruited some locals or some Afghans. ISI has lost a lot of personal while operting in these dangerous parts.

Taliban/ Al qaeda are extremely paranoid and are known to execute their own and locals on regular bases on suspicion of spying.

good to know.

I hope Alqeda terrorists are able to go back to their countries of origin and let our Arab "brothers" get the taster of what the people of our country have been facing for the past 10 years.

on one hand I see drone strikes, bomb blasts and beheading every now and then and then I see my Arab brothers opening up yet another 5 star hotel or F1 track or a new beach and it makes me wonder if my Arab brothers should spare few thoughts for these exiles and take them back so that they can also enjoy the comforts and luxury that all the preto dollars can buy from the West

I know my Arab brothers will be mindful of that and they have done sooo much for us already. they dont need to send the sacrificial meat from Hajj this year, instead they should try to accommodate these Arab guests back in their countries. that way it will save them the commissions they have to pay over Hundi to intermediaries when they send money to these Arab "guests" in our country.

there might be some drone strikes and some civilian deaths but I hope that our Arab brothers wont mind, there are not many AQ leaders left so it might be all over within a couple of years instead of more than ten years.

I hope our Arab brothers understand that there is a limit to everything, even patience.

hmm, I know what you are saying but this issue is so complex, filled with social, religious, finincial, regional, etc aspects that there is no straight forward solution. You can't simply count on these miscreants' arab financers to come take their snakes back. And at the same time not all arabs are associated with these snakes.

I would just say that, I hope one day these lawless tribel areas are fully under Pakistan gov't's control. That alone would fix so many things.

good to know.

hmm, I know what you are saying but this issue is so complex, filled with social, religious, finincial, regional, etc aspects that there is no straight forward solution. You can't simply count on these miscreants' arab financers to come take their snakes back. And at the same time not all arabs are associated with these snakes.

I would just say that, I hope one day these lawless tribel areas are fully under Pakistan gov't's control. That alone would fix so many things.

maybe Yes and maybe not

the snakes found sanctuaries here because we were welcoming. its very easy to convert, influence or convince a poor and a weak

ever wondered why always the poor and destitute convert to new religions who bring food, medicine and hope and wipe the tears over the injustice and indifference of the rest of the society?

we suffer from a psychological sense of inferiority or awe from the Arabs. we are gullible too we are poor as well but some of us are also willingly doing the bidding of what these snakes taught us

near parachinar, once the Taliban killed children who used to play near the army checkposts and received sweets from soldiers, the Taliban killed them over the suspicion of spying and accepting food from infidels (I wont blame the snakes over that because Taliban are beyond their control now, they fly the flags of the Kharjites)

re running of the tribal areas? well I do tend to agree to some extent specially in terms of lawlessness, smuggling and kidnap for ransom. but that has to be gradual,not sudden. the tribal population must be consulted and willing for this phased shift.
their members already form the part of our national assembly and they MUST form the part any such move

ONLY

if it brings improvement otherwise it would be a cosmetic change with the political agent office changing into commissioners office and all the vices from the city coming to the tribal areas that they hardly know about (red tape, bribery and all that)

but first thing first.

we must clean the backyard

one thing I really regret is some of our tribes have given up the fight against the taliban due to lack of support and funds. they have suffered the most and direct from the taliban who seem to have endless funds and resources.

we may been welcoming of these snakes but big part once again these snakes were able to build such vast santuaries there was we had/have absolutely zero gov't writ in the tribal areas.

Whereas these snakes were only able to hide in other parts of the country, where there were proper gov't institutes, even if corrupt, but in tribal areas it was an open season for them. Do whatever you want and get away ticket.

This brings me to the second part of anylysis. Establish writ in these areas. Install gov't institues that people cannot challange. Yes, there is fear of corruption but having some thing is better than nothing. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Just as how these snakes found it hard to challange the gov't institutes in other parts of the country, however corrupt they might be, they will find it just as hard and inconvienient to operate in tribal areas once we have a proper law enforcement, education and healthcare system there.

maybe Yes and maybe not

the snakes found sanctuaries here because we were welcoming. its very easy to convert, influence or convince a poor and a weak

ever wondered why always the poor and destitute convert to new religions who bring food, medicine and hope and wipe the tears over the injustice and indifference of the rest of the society?

we suffer from a psychological sense of inferiority or awe from the Arabs. we are gullible too we are poor as well but some of us are also willingly doing the bidding of what these snakes taught us

near parachinar, once the Taliban killed children who used to play near the army checkposts and received sweets from soldiers, the Taliban killed them over the suspicion of spying and accepting food from infidels (I wont blame the snakes over that because Taliban are beyond their control now, they fly the flags of the Kharjites)

re running of the tribal areas? well I do tend to agree to some extent specially in terms of lawlessness, smuggling and kidnap for ransom. but that has to be gradual,not sudden. the tribal population must be consulted and willing for this phased shift.
their members already form the part of our national assembly and they MUST form the part any such move

ONLY

if it brings improvement otherwise it would be a cosmetic change with the political agent office changing into commissioners office and all the vices from the city coming to the tribal areas that they hardly know about (red tape, bribery and all that)

but first thing first.

we must clean the backyard

one thing I really regret is some of our tribes have given up the fight against the taliban due to lack of support and funds. they have suffered the most and direct from the taliban who seem to have endless funds and resources.

Have they killed Children who were just playing near army posts? Death to taliban who have killed Children.

Back
Top Bottom