What's new

DRDO to complete feasibility study for AMCA project in 18 months

lets hope they stick to time line.
They are already late.

MCA came to light in 2005 and since then only its name. Even the decision of FICV was supposed to be made in 2010 and i thought feasibility studies were going on because govt. released the money last year and work was suppose to start in mid-2011.

But the funny thing is right now ADA is not in a position to even start this project, so no worries because until the work on FGFA starts we cannot start AMCA because the whole AMCA and 5th gen bet was made on FGFA deal.

Defence Minister A K Antony said that the “feasibility study for design and development of AMCA is being undertaken by the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), Bengaluru.”

“Based on the feasibility study, ADA would be able to define technologies required for the aircraft along with the timelines for design and development and subsequent manufacturing. The feasibility study is expected to take about 18 months,” he said.
Its funny because the design of AMCA might even change after this study and then what will happen to those wind-tunnel models ?? :)
Not to mention those posters with all those features could also change.
Arey bhai....the whole project might even get scrapped after this report comes. But i think this possibility is less but still there.

They are already late.

MCA came to light in 2005 and since then only its name. Even the decision of FICV was supposed to be made in 2010 and i thought feasibility studies were going on because govt. released the money last year and work was suppose to start in mid-2011.

But the funny thing is right now ADA is not in a position to even start this project, so no worries because until the work on FGFA starts we cannot start AMCA because the whole AMCA and 5th gen bet was made on FGFA deal.

Its funny because the design of AMCA might even change after this study and then what will happen to those wind-tunnel models ?? :)
Not to mention those posters with all those features could also change.
Arey bhai....the whole project might even get scrapped after this report comes. But i think this possibility is less but still there.

DRDO is very bad in project management.

this will remain a paper plane , who is there to blame ???????

nobody - the problem will persist...................

but one thing for sure it will get a new name in next 18 months.

mca to amca to .....................................by 2045 it will be zmca. with promise of first scheduled flight by 2085.

Japanese are planning first prototype by 2014. lets see how far india remains from korea , japan , turkey and namibia.......

mca to amca to .....................................by 2045 it will be zmca. with promise of first scheduled flight by 2085.

Japanese are planning first prototype by 2014. lets see how far india remains from korea , japan , turkey and namibia.......

Any idea what is feasibility means ?Mr higest tax payer

:D But do we have to compete with these countries? We have a stealth fighter co development anyway, that's what S. Korea and Japan don't have, that's why they now try to develop something on their own. The more important point for us imo is, that we get a steady growth, not only in our economy, but also in indigenous development capabilities, but that doesn't meant we must go from 50 km/h to 200 in the next step!
We must get LCA MK1 and 2 ready and field them into operational service, get as much potential out of MMRCA and most importantly FGFA and use these projects to gain for futher LCA upgrades, or AURA UCAV development.
AMCA in between all these projects is neither needed, nor useful, because it diverts resources and manpower away from those projects that are more important. AMCA as a tech demonstrator to improve indigenous R&D capabilities is not a bad idea, but as a 2nd stealth fighter for Indian forces, besides all these projects, it's the wrong way to go!

:D But do we have to compete with these countries? We have a stealth fighter co development anyway, that's what S. Korea and Japan don't have, that's why they now try to develop something on their own. The more important point for us imo is, that we get a steady growth, not only in our economy, but also in indigenous development capabilities, but that doesn't meant we must go from 50 km/h to 200 in the next step!
We must get LCA MK1 and 2 ready and field them into operational service, get as much potential out of MMRCA and most importantly FGFA and use these projects to gain for futher LCA upgrades, or AURA UCAV development.
AMCA in between all these projects is neither needed, nor useful, because it diverts resources and manpower away from those projects that are more important. AMCA as a tech demonstrator to improve indigenous R&D capabilities is not a bad idea, but as a 2nd stealth fighter for Indian forces, besides all these projects, it's the wrong way to go!

i think we should stick with AMCA. an indegenous effort should always be encouraged.

Any idea what is feasibility means ?Mr higest tax payer

oh my poor friend , the requirements are not laid down by the iaf precisely . and then drdo ada hal will go blind folded.

one day iaf out of nowhere will go : we want - new specifications in kmca(mca).

answer to the problem is - give them your dead line - and order precisely what you want.

govt and official have not much to do with technology other than assigning money.

why dont you jump in make it a real one?

indian have to go fast paced other wise the next project will be again technology demonstrator - may be sixth gen fighter or seventh gen. the gap should shrink.

oh my poor friend , the requirements are not laid down by the iaf precisely . and then drdo ada hal will go blind folded.

one day iaf out of nowhere will go : we want - new specifications in kmca(mca).

answer to the problem is - give them your dead line - and order precisely what you want.

govt and official have not much to do with technology other than assigning money.

1st shut ya habit to make everything bold ,it only shows how poor and desprate to show your posting here .. Even a new member is better than you in terms of decency and manner..
2nd -i asked you what feasibility Drdo talking about not your B.S story mate...cut the crap and be on course :frown:

i think we should stick with AMCA. an indegenous effort should always be encouraged.

That's pride, not logic! :)

Why should we waste billions for that and why can't we be proud on LCA and FGFA the same way?

indian have to go fast paced other wise the next project will be again technology demonstrator - may be sixth gen fighter or seventh gen. the gap should shrink.

But that's the problem, in the time when we will have AMCA developed, with basic 5th gen capabilities, other countries will even widen the gap, because they are already at 6th gen fighters and UAVs. AMCA offers no capability that FGFA wouldn't have anyway, so we waste money to basically get the same, just with a made in India stamp on it, while we still remain behind the leading countries.

1st shut ya habit to make everything bold ,it only shows how poor and desprate to show your posting here .. Even a new member is better than you in terms of decency and manner..
2nd -i asked you what feasibility Drdo talking about not your B.S story mate...cut the crap and be on course :frown:

i will bold it - and now bold it more so for you.

my poor friend , there is a need for fifth gen fighter , since india is surrpunded by enemies - thanks to forien relation , from china to bangladesh to nepal to lanka to paksitan there are problem of land everywhere.

and an mca will always come handy , in case of china and Pakistan. but the tejas failure to impress iaf , because of delayed project. The amca future looks dark very dark.

in 2013 they are looking for requirements ????? and then how many years before first prototype ? and induction............

now my poor friend you will never know this because you will be happy with your paper plan fed propaganda. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom