What's new

DRDO SWIFT UCAV detailed design Model released, will eventually transform into DRDO Ghatak UCAV.

I know buying rather than making our own is not the preferable route, but just out of curiosity, would the Chinese GJ-11 provide somewhat similar capability as this?
I know this might sound like dumb counter question but what is "similar capability?"

I've been discussing the technological capability to design build and operate CHEAP systems tailored for our use. Obviously, buying the system from China won't give you THAT capability.

If you're talking about the operational capabilities of the UAV then I can't answer because I dont even know what those are.

I've been discussing the technological capability to design build and operate CHEAP systems tailored for our use. Obviously, buying the system from China won't give you THAT capability.

If you're talking about the operational capabilities of the UAV then I can't answer because I dont even know what those are.

I see. My bad. I misunderstood your posts in context of the latter.

I've never doubted that we have the capability. I know the extent of our capability in quite detail, which is what I have to say is even more depressing for me. What we are lacking is sound policy, direction, smart resource allocation, and resources.
Unlike engineering, unfortunately, the way to succeed in those areas isn't carved in stone. We can say "corruption is bad" but every country has systemic corruption. For example, ZAB could've bought equity in all of those private industry companies, then (via unfair policies) enable them to grow to the IPO stage, and then cash out. That's what happens in the West, and it's unfair and an example of corruption. Yet, that helped with building the giants we see today. India is no different.

But does that corruption happen in Pakistan? Nope. In Pakistan, our corruption is the Nelson Muntz or Jimbo Jones type. So, ZAB decided to wreck the private sector, and then say, "HA HA" and move on with no clear direction of what to do next. Corruption happens everywhere, but in Pakistan, it manifests in the stupidest, comical ways possible.

Unlike engineering, unfortunately, the way to succeed in those areas isn't carved in stone. We can say "corruption is bad" but every country has systemic corruption. For example, ZAB could've bought equity in all of those private industry companies, then (via unfair policies) enable them to grow to the IPO stage, and then cash out. That's what happens in the West, and it's unfair and an example of corruption. Yet, that helped with building the giants we see today. India is no different.

But does that corruption happen in Pakistan? Nope. In Pakistan, our corruption is the Nelson Muntz or Jimbo Jones type. So, ZAB decided to wreck the private sector, and then say, "HA HA" and move on with no clear direction of what to do next. Corruption happens everywhere, but in Pakistan, it manifests in the stupidest, comical ways possible.

Couldnt have said it any better. In my younger day someone once told me, " Those who right your checks are far richer than you" meaning job creation should be led by the resourceful rich rather than the lazy/wasteful government.

Judging by rear, just a lazy model. No rear engine bay, just completely flat.
will be down by the latest cutting edge tikinalijy of vedic farts gathered in a compressed cannister from the bungholes of highly trained vayu bhakts.

3rd swit ucav construction bid. Maybe for naval variant

But with tails ... or a single tail?? :what:

1656678708483.png
1656678735813.png

Back
Top Bottom