What's new

Don’t Think There Was a Concept of India Till the British Gave it One : Saif Ali Khan

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Saif, in an interview, said, “I don’t think there was a concept of India till perhaps the British gave it one.”
Mumbai| Actor Saif Ali Khan is currently enjoying the success of his recent film ‘Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior’. While his movie is all set to cross 150 crore mark, he sparked controversy with his comment in an interview. In a clip that outraged netizens, Saif can be seen saying in reference to Tanhaji, “I don’t think this is history.” The actor further added, “I don’t think there was a concept of India till the British gave it one.”

After Saif’s comment, he is being trolled on the internet. Taimur, his son’s name started trending on social media after the video surfaced on the internet.

Talking about politics around Tanhaji and how he didn’t oppose distortion of history in the film, Saif added, “For some reason I didn’t take a stand. Maybe next time I would. I was very excited to play the role because it’s a delicious role. But when people say this is history, I don’t think this is history. I am quite aware of what the history was.”

He went on to say, “I don’t think there was a concept of India till perhaps the British gave it one. I don’t think there is really any constructive point in arguing about loudly, provided you yourself know why you’re doing it.”

Filmmaker Vivek Agnihotri reacted to Saif’s statement by addressing him as a ‘duffer student’.

https://hwnews.in/news/politics/sai...nk-concept-india-till-british-gave-one/123660

poor guy with a muslim looking name said the truth

We all know how that would end :(:(:(

It ends with the bigot naming his child after a man who killed millions of innocent people.

Three guys with Muslim looking names are superstars in India.

Threatened every now and then whenever they try to open their mouth

And nope they are not threatened by some terrorists hiding in a cave but by members of a political party that rules India

It ends with the bigot naming his child after a man who killed millions of innocent people.

A name is a name

there are million other taimoors in this world.

Not saif's problem if random monkey worshipers get sissy over a random name

A name is a name

there are million other taimoors in this world.

Not saif's problem if random monkey worshipers get sissy over a random name

LOL.....so your apologetic defense is that he named his kid over some random unknown Taimur and not one of the most well known genocidal maniac in History ?

Sounds totally legit.

Threatened every now and then whenever they try to open their mouth

And nope they are not threatened by some terrorists hiding in a cave but by members of a political party that rules India
They are still superstars in a country Pakistan perceives as strongly anti-Muslim. And no, they are not threatened. They still make movies which are box office hits.
I haven't seen one non-Muslim superstar from Pakistan though.

LOL.....so your apologetic defense is that he named his kid over some random unknown Taimur and not the most well known genocidal maniac in History ?

Sounds totally legit.

yup

That is not the only taimoor in this world

Also naming a kid is much better than voting for terrorists and murderers like it is common in hindus of India

LOL.....so your apologetic defense is that he named his kid over some random unknown Taimur and not one of the most well known genocidal maniac in History ?

Sounds totally legit.
We shouldn't care who he names his son after. It's totally his personal choice. Unlike Pakistanis, we respect a person's capability and not religion.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom