What's new

Don't push us to the wall: Hindus

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastWest

BANNED
Reaction score
Don’t push us to the wall, warns minority MPA

Take a page out of Balochistan’s book and wake up to the injustices being done with the Hindus in Sindh was the message from a minority MPA to the government and political leadership during the Sindh Assembly session on Wednesday.

Pakistan Peoples Party MPA Pitanber Sewani appeared agitated when he reminded the government and its institutions not to force Hindus in Sindh to follow the path of Baloch nationalists who are waging “a war for their rights”.

Moving a resolution against post-marriage conversion of Hindu girls, Pitanber Sewani wanted the government to frame a law against the forced marriages.

During his fiery speech, he said that young Hindu girls are being kidnapped and converted to Islam after they are subjected to forced marriage with Muslim boys. He said that this practice has created resentment among the minority communities living in Sindh.

Referring to a recent incident in Mirpur Mathelo where a Hindu girl Rinki Kumari, 16, was allegedly kidnapped by a Muslim boy Naveed Shah, Sewani said: “These people kidnapped her at gunpoint a few days ago and presented her in a lower court after her marriage with Naveed Shah. We have no objection if a Hindu girl marries a Muslim boy of her free will. But Hindus will not tolerate forced marriages.”

He said he feared that a situation is being created which may force Hindus to leave Sindh, but, “they would prefer to die rather than migrate”.

In his resolution he requested the Sindh Assembly to approach the federal and provincial governments to make a law in order to stop “post-marriage conversions” of minorities in Sindh.
“Around 20 to 25 forced conversions take place every month in Sindh. If this situation continues, the Hindus will have no choice, but to resist,” he said. :angry:“Today we are fed up with the Baloch resistance movement, tomorrow we may be irritated by the Hindus as well.” He added that after the forced marriage some people have threatened her parents with dire consequences.

Later, talking to the media Sewani demanded the chief justice take sou motu action. “We are seeking the intervention of the chief justice on forced marriages as well as the frequent killings and kidnapping of Hindus in Sindh,” he remarked.:tup:

PPP parliamentary leader Pir Mazharul Haq said that a law already existed on forced marriages and he suggested to the Speaker to refer the resolution to the law department so it could to review its contents.

Bachal Shah, also of the PPP, said that there was nothing wrong if a Hindu girl married a Muslim boy without any pressure. “The Indian newspapers are full with reports everyday of Muslim girls entering into wedlock with Hindu boys,” Shah said while referring to the marriage of Suzanne Khan, the daughter of India film actor Feroz Khan with Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan.

Many other MPAs, including Marvi Rashdi of the PML-F, Saleem Khurshid Khokhar, Farheen Mughul and Humera Alwani of the PPP, spoke in support of free-will marriage and condemned forced ones.
However, MQM parliamentary leader Sardar Ahmed said the content of the resolution was not clear, as it did not specify the religion of women being forced to convert to Islam.

Sindh Law Minister Ayaz Soomro quoted Articles 20 and 36 of the Constitution to say that there was a law on the issue.

I hope the govt of Pakistan will take adequate stops to protect the hindus.

Nothing can happen, lost case.

See Hindus will say if a girl marries a man out of her free will then it is fine. I would doubt a pakistani muslim would ever say that about their women.

Now many Senior Pakistani Member will says, these are cases of girl elopement.

poor people have to suffer because of bad choice of their ancestors to stay in pakistan.

||During his fiery speech, he said that young Hindu girls are being kidnapped and converted to Islam after they are subjected to forced marriage with Muslim boys. He said that this practice has created resentment among the minority communities living in Sindh.

nice job there. It takes a real man to do this,not.

As the poor Muslims are paying in India from last half a century. By the way two can not be compared. Muslims in India genocided but here you can not bring one such case on !!!

10% Hindu population at Independence is now about .5% of population. In India 8% Muslim population grown to about 14%. Yes we did the genocide. Genius.

See Hindus will say if a girl marries a man out of her free will then it is fine. I would doubt a pakistani muslim would ever say that about their women.

Bullshit. Go marry a pakistani muslim if you want.

Only thing is I doubt you will marry one yourself out of your bias for Pakistan.

The Islamists are being replaced by Secularists. We understand there's no point trying to impose religion.

10% Hindu population at Independence is now about .5% of population. In India 8% Muslim population grown to about 14%. Yes we did the genocide. Genius.

The Muslim population was not counted properly in India during its initial years. Even today it is assumed that the Muslim population is actually higher than the number the Indian government claims.

In Pakistan two things affected the Hindu population:
1) The partition of East Pakistan where most Hindus were located. They made up 18.5% of the population of Bangladesh in the 1960's pushing the % of hindus in Pakistan at that time to around 10-12%. With the partition they were reduced to barely 3% (I believe this is the correct figure even now not 1.2%)
2) In 1947 remember not all Hindus had moved. Our own family moved from India around 50's. Other members of our family came even later. Not all hindus had moved to india, not all muslims to Pakistan during the partition years. Thats why Ayub Khan's citizenship act was moronic. How can you stop Muslims from coming from India to Pakistan when not all of them haven't even moved?
3) I believe and Hindus in Pakistan believe their numbers are higher than they are said to be. I too believe there is a higher percentage of Hindus in Pakistan. That much bias there is in Pakistan I admit.

Hmm ... Their country their rule ... If they are doing something wrong then they will get something hard in return .. One thing is they should poke their nose on others issue only when they are clean with their citizens

The Muslim population was not counted properly in India during its initial years. Even today it is assumed that the Muslim population is actually higher than the number the Indian government claims.

In Pakistan two things affected the Hindu population:
1) The partition of East Pakistan where most Hindus were located. They made up 18.5% of the population of Bangladesh in the 1960's pushing the % of hindus in Pakistan at that time to around 10-12%. With the partition they were reduced to barely 3% (I believe this is the correct figure even now not 1.2%)
2) In 1947 remember not all Hindus had moved. Our own family moved from India around 50's. Other members of our family came even later. Not all hindus had moved to india, not all muslims to Pakistan during the partition years. Thats why Ayub Khan's citizenship act was moronic. How can you stop Muslims from coming from India to Pakistan when not all of them haven't even moved?
3) I believe and Hindus in Pakistan believe their numbers are higher than they are said to be. I too believe there is a higher percentage of Hindus in Pakistan. That much bias there is in Pakistan I admit.

Irrespective of that fact, India claimed that Muslims constitute 8% at Independence. Now the same India says that Muslims constitute 14%. It could be higher, I agree. But it doesn't diminish the fact that Muslim population in India had grown and not many present day Muslims from India seek amnesty in Pakistan. We cannot say the same about Pakistani Hindus, can we?

Bullshit. Go marry a pakistani muslim if you want.

Only thing is I doubt you will marry one yourself out of your bias for Pakistan.

The Islamists are being replaced by Secularists. We understand there's no point trying to impose religion.

I am not talking about me yaar. In India, Hindus and Muslims marry quite often. It is not heretic anymore. But I was asking about Pakistan, would the society be okay if a Hindu guy marry a Muslim girl. I think not. You are being too optimistic. Although I won't say there are no secularists in Pakistan but you cannot ignore the support for fundamentalism in Pakistan.

I am not talking about me yaar. In India, Hindus and Muslims marry quite often. It is not heretic anymore. But I was asking about Pakistan, would the society be okay if a Hindu guy marry a Muslim girl. I think not. You are being too optimistic. Although I won't say there are no secularists in Pakistan but you cannot ignore the support for fundamentalism in Pakistan.

The secularists dont have a voice in Pk, they are either called traitors or said to be anti islam or are executed.

The hindu and christian minority condition is deplorable, it's a shame for the state of PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom