What's new

Donald Trump says he has 'at least 20 Muslim friends' but fails to name them

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Donald Trump has defended himself against accusations of Islamophobia by saying he has at least 20 friends who are Muslim - but stopped short of naming them.

The Republican presidential candidate has previously said "I love the Muslims" despite provocative polices that include calling for a temporary ban on Muslims entering the United States and a database to track the movements of those already living there.

Asked by the Telegraph who his Muslim backers were, Trump reportedly ducked the question. He said: "Oh, I could give you about 20 of them."

The newspaper added that Trump's son was also unable to shine light on any of his father's Muslim friends. He did, however, say they had "completed a lot of business deals" in the Middle East.

The former star of the US version of the Apprentice made the comments moments after coming off stage in Sunday's Republican debate in Manchester, New Hampshire.

During the debate Trump added torture to the contest by saying that he would "bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding". He has previously touted the benefits of waterboarding - which stimulates drowning - telling a crowd at a campaign rally last year that "you bet your ***" he would reintroduce the method of torture.

Following the shooting in San Bernadino last year, in which 14 people were killed in an attack by supporters of the so-called Islamic State, the billionaire business mogul responded by calling for all Muslims to be banned from the United States.

This led to an international backlash with one Saudi prince condemning the Trump as a "disgrace" and calling for him to withdraw from the presidential contest. "You are a disgrace not only to the GOP [Grand Old Party, another name for the Republicans] but to all America," Prince Alwaleed, the chairman of Kingdom Holding, said on his Twitter account.

Other incendiary remarks from the firebrand include calling for a database of all Muslims in the country to be set up, in order to track their movements, and launching his campaign with an attack on Mexican immigrants as drug dealers, criminals and rapists.

Donald Trump says he has 'at least 20 Muslim friends' but fails to name them - Times of India

Looks like someone pinched on his billions of dollars of investments in the Muslim world. Actually its not so bad if he wins the Presidency as he will be the 1st US President with his balls stuck in the hands of Muslim businessmen.

same as... whenever I tried to pronounce Donald trump it sound like d!ck head for obvious reasons :lol:

If we're going to judge US presidential candidates on the number of their Muslim backers, we'd be supporting sell-outs like Hillary and hawks like Rubio backed by hundreds of rich, Arab lobbyists.

Donald Trump has defended himself against accusations of Islamophobia by saying he has at least 20 friends who are Muslim - but stopped short of naming them.

He's right. He has more than 20 I think. They all exist on a DVD called "Ali-Baba and 40 Thieves" :rofl:. He usually meets them every Thursday before sleeping and enjoys their jokes. Trump was my favorite, but he's shown super immaturity and he talks about these sensitive subjects like its a Cartoon movie called "Lets be the President".

Jeb Bush should be the next President IMO :usflag: !! Jeb is the only politician from the GOP who understands the foreign policy right, has two ex-POTUS's available to him on a phone call within his family, and has a great executive presence with a straight executive head on his shoulder. Trump and the rest have acted more like street guys lately. Not very presidential :tdown:.

If you were one of the Donald's Muslim friends, would you really want people to know? I think he did them a favor by not naming them.

Looks like someone pinched on his billions of dollars of investments in the Muslim world. Actually its not so bad if he wins the Presidency as he will be the 1st US President with his balls stuck in the hands of Muslim businessmen.

Muslim businessmen? Well his business is in Middle East and they're very busy in their lives. Rich people, ain't got time for Muslims around them. Unless, it's in their benefit. (Very rare chance, they give trump shut up call). They will never use this trump card against trump. However, mr. Trump would never mess up with Muslim----if he by chance wins the election. They're 2.75 millions Muslims in USA. And they are serving this country in every field, from a cab driver to a judge.
Bills of rights, a significant part of the American constitutions and which is for everyone. Even for Muslims.

He's right. He has more than 20 I think. They all exist on a DVD called "Ali-Baba and 40 Thieves" :rofl:. He usually meets them every Thursday before sleeping and enjoys their jokes. Trump was my favorite, but he's shown super immaturity and he talks about these sensitive subjects like its a Cartoon movie called "Lets be the President".

Jeb Bush should be the next President IMO :usflag: !! Jeb is the only politician from the GOP who understands the foreign policy right, has two ex-POTUS's available to him on a phone call within his family, and has a great executive presence with a straight executive head on his shoulder. Trump and the rest have acted more like street guys lately. Not very presidential :tdown:.

Cruz and trump, both are on same page of idiocy. What they're calling each other make me laugh. Even girls don't fight like this and they are using very nasty words for each other in their campaign. Andddd in presidential Campaign. :p
Who you're supporting, sir? What do you think who's gonna win? I think, Hillary is going to be next president of United States.

Cruz and trump, both are on same page of idiocy. What they're calling each other make me laugh. Even girls don't fight like this and they are using very nasty words for each other in their campaign. Andddd in presidential Campaign. :p
Who you're supporting, sir? What do you think who's gonna win? I think, Hillary is going to be next president of United States.

Yea, Trump's turned me off. I've always looked at him as a mentor as I've learned and profited well from his rules in the Real Estate market. But he's become a street fist fighter and is causing a divide in the people and what American stands for. So he's out. I am supporting Jeb Bush. He's the only candidate who has executive personality and appearance. He doesn't go crazy like Trump and Cruz do. People have to realize, mad, angry politicians aren't good Presidents. You have GOT to show you can handle situations calmly. This is the most powerful job on earth!!!!

So Jeb Bush should be the next POTUS. But the hateful and angry people Trump and Cruz are invoking, aren't really going to care for "who is presidential". They hear the hate speech and anger and they go for it (similar to how IK in Pakistan started this similar drama).

But overall, I think Sanders might win. Hillary has much slimmer chances than she did a few months ago. She's now under investigation and her voters won't want to vote for her due to handling top secret e-mails casually. She should've come forward,ask the Feds to take a look to see if there was anything hacked, and apologized to the nation a few months ago. By now, the dust would've been settled. But she didn't do it and that might cost her these elections.

Yea, Trump's turned me off. I've always looked at him as a mentor as I've learned and profited well from his rules in the Real Estate market. But he's become a street fist fighter and is causing a divide in the people and what American stands for. So he's out. I am supporting Jeb Bush. He's the only candidate who has executive personality and appearance. He doesn't go crazy like Trump and Cruz do. People have to realize, mad, angry politicians aren't good Presidents. You have GOT to show you can handle situations calmly. This is the most powerful job on earth!!!!

So Jeb Bush should be the next POTUS. But the hateful and angry people Trump and Cruz are invoking, aren't really going to care for "who is presidential". They hear the hate speech and anger and they go for it (similar to how IK in Pakistan started this similar drama).

But overall, I think Sanders might win. Hillary has much slimmer chances than she did a few months ago. She's now under investigation and her voters won't want to vote for her due to handling top secret e-mails casually. She should've come forward,ask the Feds to take a look to see if there was anything hacked, and apologized to the nation a few months ago. By now, the dust would've been settled. But she didn't do it and that might cost her these elections.

Honestly speaking, seeing Cruz and trump campaigning make me bang head into a wall. Very immature attitude from past few weeks.
Well we can't look up at someone just for real estate marketing. Running a country is more than that. And I think Cruz and trump don't really use their brain before uttering a word. And they can't run a country. I still feel Hillary is gonna win the race, but let see where things go.

Back
Top Bottom