What's new

Doklam standoff: ITBP to raise military-style combat wing along border to tackle China

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
632281-itbp.jpg

New Delhi: For the first time in its over 50 years history, the ITBP is raising and deploying a mechanised column of power vehicles and machines to speedily mobilise troops along the Sino-India border in case of Chinese military transgressions and Doklam-like standoffs.

The decision to raise such a military-style combat wing in the paramilitary was taken after the Union home ministry recently approved deployment of snow scooters at all the high-altitude border outposts of the mountain-warfare trained force along the 3,488-km long frontier it guards.

A senior home ministry official told PTI on the condition of anonymity that the mechanised column of the force will comprise over 250 Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs), all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), snow scooters, excavators and few other medium-lift four-wheeled vehicles.

While the Army has the mechanised infantry, it was essential to have a mechanised column in the border guarding force as it secures this border in peace times and will bear the first onslaught in case of a war or a conflict, the official said explaining the rationale for the latest move.

Till now, only the Border Security Force under the home ministry, that guards the Indo-Pak border, had an artillery unit and some mechanised components to aid it.

A proposal to raise a full-fledged mechanised column under the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) force was moved by the forces' headquarters here sometime back, the official said, with the force Director General (DG) R K Pachnanda making a specific presentation to the ministry in this context.

The about 90,000-personnel force has sanctions to procure about 150 SUVs for high-altitude deployment, out of which it has about five dozen already deployed, half-a-dozen snow scooters and few excavators to clear snow-bound passes and landslide-prone border tracks.

A senior ITBP official said many more such vehicles and machines, including anti-skid ATVs, will be procured by the force in the next few months.

The force has about 30 border posts above the height of 15,000 feet and some 50 such posts above 12,000 feet and the home ministry has accorded sanctions to the ITBP to have at least one snow scooter at each of these frontier bases.

The force has also been given sanctions to upgrade its firepower by modernising the support weapons like 81mm mortars, he added.

"Sanctions have already been accorded to procure modern machines and vehicles for the force.

So, apart from expeditiously completing the construction of China border roads in the wake of Doklam-like incidents and transgressions, the government has decided to strengthen the assets and strength of the both the army and the ITBP, the first line of defence on the Line of Actual Control (LAC)," the home ministry official said.

The defence ministry had recently decided to significantly enhance infrastructure along this border including around the areas of dispute with the Chinese forces.

The decision was taken at the Army's commanders conference which extensively deliberated on the Dokalam face off with China besides analysing all possible security challenges on the northern border.

The ITBP, as part of bolstering its capabilities to effectively secure this border, had last year procured over six dozen SUVs and sent them to far-flung border areas for patrol and transportation of troops and had similarly procured five snow scooters early this year.

The force was raised in 1962 in the aftermath of the Chinese aggression.

http://zeenews.india.com/india/dokl...ing-along-border-to-tackle-china-2050337.html

@Zarvan

You didn't mention this; in case you haven't noticed it, we already have high-altitude camouflage in place. Check the nether garments of the civilian taking the salute.

Be afraid, you Chinese, be very afraid.

632281-itbp.jpg

New Delhi: For the first time in its over 50 years history, the ITBP is raising and deploying a mechanised column of power vehicles and machines to speedily mobilise troops along the Sino-India border in case of Chinese military transgressions and Doklam-like standoffs.

The decision to raise such a military-style combat wing in the paramilitary was taken after the Union home ministry recently approved deployment of snow scooters at all the high-altitude border outposts of the mountain-warfare trained force along the 3,488-km long frontier it guards.

A senior home ministry official told PTI on the condition of anonymity that the mechanised column of the force will comprise over 250 Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs), all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), snow scooters, excavators and few other medium-lift four-wheeled vehicles.

While the Army has the mechanised infantry, it was essential to have a mechanised column in the border guarding force as it secures this border in peace times and will bear the first onslaught in case of a war or a conflict, the official said explaining the rationale for the latest move.

Till now, only the Border Security Force under the home ministry, that guards the Indo-Pak border, had an artillery unit and some mechanised components to aid it.

A proposal to raise a full-fledged mechanised column under the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) force was moved by the forces' headquarters here sometime back, the official said, with the force Director General (DG) R K Pachnanda making a specific presentation to the ministry in this context.

The about 90,000-personnel force has sanctions to procure about 150 SUVs for high-altitude deployment, out of which it has about five dozen already deployed, half-a-dozen snow scooters and few excavators to clear snow-bound passes and landslide-prone border tracks.

A senior ITBP official said many more such vehicles and machines, including anti-skid ATVs, will be procured by the force in the next few months.

The force has about 30 border posts above the height of 15,000 feet and some 50 such posts above 12,000 feet and the home ministry has accorded sanctions to the ITBP to have at least one snow scooter at each of these frontier bases.

The force has also been given sanctions to upgrade its firepower by modernising the support weapons like 81mm mortars, he added.

"Sanctions have already been accorded to procure modern machines and vehicles for the force.

So, apart from expeditiously completing the construction of China border roads in the wake of Doklam-like incidents and transgressions, the government has decided to strengthen the assets and strength of the both the army and the ITBP, the first line of defence on the Line of Actual Control (LAC)," the home ministry official said.

The defence ministry had recently decided to significantly enhance infrastructure along this border including around the areas of dispute with the Chinese forces.

The decision was taken at the Army's commanders conference which extensively deliberated on the Dokalam face off with China besides analysing all possible security challenges on the northern border.

The ITBP, as part of bolstering its capabilities to effectively secure this border, had last year procured over six dozen SUVs and sent them to far-flung border areas for patrol and transportation of troops and had similarly procured five snow scooters early this year.

The force was raised in 1962 in the aftermath of the Chinese aggression.

http://zeenews.india.com/india/dokl...ing-along-border-to-tackle-china-2050337.html

On a completely different note, Ranjit Pachnanda, mentioned in your report, was a very decent and effective Commissioner of Police, Calcutta, who was pushed out by our deranged Chief Minister of West Bengal, Didi. If he's in charge, it is to be hoped that that force will be run efficiently.

Modi may be humiliated by Xi Jinping this time but he will get his revenge next time! Jai Hind!

LOL right back. Do your homework; they are now Indians. How you watch like hawks for a slight weakness, for a single error.

You really are jobless!
Are PDF "professionals" have low IQ? You like to attack other members because they disagree with you? Wtf is with you calling other members jobless? Did the fly kick heard around the world hurt your ego? @phancong

Are PDF "professionals" have low IQ? You like to attack other members because they disagree with you? Wtf is with you calling other members jobless? Did the fly kick heard around the world hurt your ego? @phancong

Before you get into 'brotherhood' mode, look at the policemen in the picture. Do they look like Tibetans to you?

And while I don't attack people because they disagree with me, I resent people who insult my country, group all citizens as one and insult us or our characteristics as they see those, and laugh at our soldiers being injured or hurt.

And while I don't attack people because they disagree with me, I resent people who insult my country, group all citizens as one and insult us or our characteristics as they see those, and laugh at our soldiers being injured or hurt.
Nobody mocks India. You are a shupa powa and we all are afraid so we obey you :enjoy:

Nobody mocks India. You are a shupa powa and we all are afraid so we obey you :enjoy:

Be a nice chap and f**k off for now. I'll deal with you in the evening. I'm in a nice conversation now, with some non-American non-PDF Chinese Section types. Quite amusing and very educative. Not like exchanging sweet nothings like I'm doing here.

Be a nice chap and f**k off for now. I'll deal with you in the evening. I'm in a nice conversation now, with some non-American non-PDF Chinese Section types. Quite amusing and very educative. Not like exchanging sweet nothings like I'm doing here.
You can add whatever soldiers, in the end, they will just beg to retreat. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You can add whatever soldiers, in the end, they will just beg to retreat. :rofl::rofl:

PLA's greatest secret weapon, the indomitable soldier in front of which all hostile forces bow their heads

=> :rofl: <=

Get back when you have something sensible to say, and don't disgrace your school system; it is sad to think that they produce retards like this.

You can add whatever soldiers, in the end, they will just beg to retreat. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
according to chinese friends on this forum , Bharat retreated as was afraid of chinese army and xi jin ping and party and lost and faced humiliation , on the other hand , doklam or donglang was chinese territory and china continued to built the road there after and continued to occupy the territory adding more soldiers too . this narrative is popular here on this forum and chinese media and perhaps their official government spokesperson too .
so now if again someone is stopped and confronted in the same region , what conclusions my chinese friends will make ?

Somebody tell indian journalists... SUVs and snow scooters doesn’t mean “mechanised”.... mechanised in this sense would translate into armour,APCs,IFVs.

Much like Pak Paramilitary forces which operate tanks,IFVs/APCs and Light Arty.

according to chinese friends on this forum , Bharat retreated as was afraid of chinese army and xi jin ping and party and lost and faced humiliation , on the other hand , doklam or donglang was chinese territory and china continued to built the road there after and continued to occupy the territory adding more soldiers too . this narrative is popular here on this forum and chinese media and perhaps their official government spokesperson too .
so now if again someone is stopped and confronted in the same region , what conclusions my chinese friends will make ?
Official spokesperson only said this:

1) Chinese soldiers will continue to patrol and be stationed in Doklam
2) China will continue to build infrastructure in Doklam including roads.
3) Indian soldier retreated back to their side of the border

The rest were all news from INDIAN MEDIA, Chinese media is pretty chilled and quiet, the one shouting in paranoia are Indians. These were the words from Indian media:

1) China mutually retreated
2) China never retreated with soldiers still there
3) India was victorious
4) Chinese are still building roads.

Which is which bhai? You tell me...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

PLA's greatest secret weapon, the indomitable soldier in front of which all hostile forces bow their heads

=> :rofl: <=

Get back when you have something sensible to say, and don't disgrace your school system; it is sad to think that they produce retards like this.
And yet the Indians retreated back like cowards. Thank You India for Doklam...We love ya Modi! Supa Powa:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Official spokesperson only said this:

1) Chinese soldiers will continue to patrol and be stationed in Doklam
2) China will continue to build infrastructure in Doklam including roads.
3) Indian soldier retreated back to their side of the border

The rest were all news from INDIAN MEDIA, Chinese media is pretty chilled and quiet, the one shouting in paranoia are Indians. These were the words from Indian media:

1) China mutually retreated
2) China never retreated with soldiers still there
3) India was victorious
4) Chinese are still building roads.

Which is which bhai? You tell me...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

And yet the Indians retreated back like cowards. Thank You India for Doklam...We love ya Modi! Supa Powa:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You need serious professional help.

Sure Joe...are you Indians so delusional that you believe whatever Modi says?

I won't answer that directly - no point. But is that the impression you get from reading my posts? Have you read my posts? And since when did Indians become an agglomerated mass?

Back
Top Bottom