What's new

Doklam: PLA gen snubs hawks baying for India’s blood

Well that didn't take long at all for derailment. Well it was nice while it lasted, full 6 or so posts of substance. Bye now.

So China was thinking of hurting India? Well, we now know what to expect the next time Hindu extremists attempt a misadventure against China.

I'm assuming, Russia and the US behind closed doors may have persuaded China to spare India this time around.

So China was thinking of hurting India? Well, we now know what to expect the next time Hindu extremists attempt a misadventure against China.

I'm assuming, Russia and the US behind closed doors may have persuaded China to spare India this time around.
This article is clever misdirection by China. There is no Chinese version, only an English version posted on Global Times. It is intended for foreign eyes only.

Since we already fortified Doklam up to the border with India (shy 150 meters or so buffer zone) with bunkers and roads (bunkers need construction equipment), we secured our objectives and now try to make Indians feel good about themselves.

An article like this is like extending a olive branch after the target territory is already seized and secured.

1948 we manage to liberate 35% of Kashmir plus 10% goes to China,
1965 we destroy your air force and your wish to drink tea at Lahore turned like this you GOC runs in fields like headless chicken by leaving behind command jeep.
1971 not you but your trained fighter won and we can win but in that case civilian loss of life would be massive so decided to free A kind of lunghi clad.
1999 we humiliate you and YOU India begs to USA and our jelly leg Prime Minister agrees.
ROFLMAO!!!!

While I see the logic of "doing the right thing at the right time"; I disagree with it. You can't wait for extraneous circumstances to be favorable to do the right thing. The right time to do the right thing is NOW. Should South Africans have waited for the right time to take on Apartheid? Or the African Americans to stand up against segregation?

Doing the right thing is not a matter of convenience.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1066076.shtml

War must always be the last resort in disputes : Maj Gen Qiao Liang

The title of China's role in future world written by Wang Xiangsui, retired Air Force Senior Colonel and professor at the Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, says it all, that is the importance of China's strategic positioning in the future.

The reason why so many Chinese people paid attention to the China-India border standoff in the Doklam area is that they are unfamiliar with China's strategic positioning. If they had a clear understanding of China's strategic positioning, they would know that the settlement of the Doklam standoffwas one of the best results possible. China and India are both neighbors and competitors, but not all competitors must be treated in the toughest way.

Many people would say that the road construction in China's territory was none of India's business. Is this belief right? It is reasonable to some extent because road construction in this area is not a matter of right and wrong, but we need to understand that it is not always right to do something right at any time. Only doing the right thing at the right time is correct.

So, with this principle in mind, one can understand that the Doklam confrontation was solved in the way it should have been. And the most important thing is that when you understand China's strategic positioning and you cannot bring the entire world under your domination, you are willing to leave well enough alone. Only in this way can one completely reach his goal, otherwise, haste makes waste or the result and your desired outcome may even be poles apart.

Many people think that China has a powerful national strength, including a strong military power, thus only war can demonstrate China's power. But resorting to war is irresponsible for the country and the country's future as war has always been the last resort to solve problems. Whenever there may be a way to solve a conflict without war, war should be avoided.

Some people may say that I am a soldier and what I said above reflects a lack of confidence in my country. It's true that I am a military scholar that study strategies. I'm not afraid of war, and I know what war is about. But for any country, the war is always an unfortunate thing. Yet each soldier wants to fight in the war once in his lifetime, which could honor his life.

This is the wish of all of us soldiers. We know that war is ominous. The country can maintain peace and it will be the best to avoid war.

Soldiers can realize their values better in the battlefield, so in this case, what choices should we make? When the country needs soldiers to fight in the battlefield, they will absolutely choose to join the war without hesitation. But in the country's current position, we should spare no efforts to avoid pushing the country into a war as peace is the best outcome.

The author is a Chinese military strategist Major-General of the People's Liberation Army. opinion@globaltimes.com.cn
@Feng Leng should confront PLA for accepting India's position.
MEGATONS & MEGATONS of humiliations poured over @Feng Leng by PLA.
He must be seeing giggling Indians and PLA whenever he someone smiling.:azn:

Wow. If only Pakistan could learn this sort of strategic thinking.

"it's not always right to do something right at any time. Only doing the right thing at the right time is correct,"

Doing the right thing is to win a victory while allowing the opponent to save face and claim the victory. The right time is just before a major international meeting. Is this strategic depth of thinking that bring about progress in relationship between countries.

This also provide a glimpse into the amount of strategic expenditure and gain for US to maintain friendship with India.

This is the authentic voice of a responsible major power. We should similarly quell our own hawks, in fact, squash them flat for their irresponsible behaviour.

In a curious way, General Qiao's comments are a counterpoint to his book, which discussed how militarily weak powers could take on stronger powers and win, or at the least give it a good fight.

This is the smart position. All of Asia would suffer if there was a war between India and China. There would be no winners.

Back
Top Bottom