What's new

Do you think Sanjay Dutt was unfairly convicted?

I dont know much details about the case but sending him to jail on a case in which he has already served the sentence and that too for 5 years seems harsh.

As I said I m not familiar with all details of the case. So may be I m not even fit to comment. :)

I am strongly against special treatment for Sanjay Dutt. If there is a need for Pardon it is more to the deserving common man who cannot even afford lawerys. There are plenty such cases. What he did not was not minor as some stupid people are saying.
1) Keeping an AK-56 (Its India not other country where it is common).
2) Knowing people who gave him such weapon and he never notified the police.

Its sets bad precedent.

8369_352450598206177_270208609_n.jpg

There is a full-Muslim roaming around in India who got exempted from court appearance 83 times in the last 10 years. Can't see any random blog coming out on that one though...

Maybe Sanjay Dutt got this punishment for being half Hindu...:sarcastic:

You are either Muslim/ Hindu / Christian / Jews or nothing. You can't be half of any. Just goes to show how pathetic some can get to score some cheap brownie points!!:hitwall:

He committed a crime, for which he got punished with the minimum available sentence. Nobody seems to question as to why, being a public figure he was flirting with known criminals & anti-national elements?

Can some religiously guided knowledgeable muslim tell us what is a half-muslim, with religious references pls. Obviously the full-muslim Chief Justice of India does not know.

Secondly, he was only given the minimum sentence for a crime he himself does not deny.

Lastly, I'm very happy a powerful person from a political family has been punished for breaking the law, I think this is a net + for the law. I know the pakistanis are jealous, just too macho to admit.

Interestingly the article says the the 93 blasts must be looked at from the prism of 92 riots. Isn't it akin to saying the Gujrat riots must be looked at from the prism of Godhra arson attack? Stupid Indian law has severely punished so many full hindus for the riots, those convictions need to be reversed then, mr kumar?

Where did Sanjay Dutt play the Muslim victim card?
So far, only Bollywood(People like Rehman just showed sympathy, but did not advocate his release) and some idiots with celebrity fetish have supported Sanjay Dutt in the name of his kindness, Muslimness and blahblah. I think this riled up half-Muslim language is BS and there is no way Dutt is getting out of jail before he goes there again.

I dont know much details about the case but sending him to jail on a case in which he has already served the sentence and that too for 5 years seems harsh.

As I said I m not familiar with all details of the case. So may be I m not even fit to comment. :)

You are right you are not fit to comment but since you already commented let me ask this - If you don't know anything about the case then why do you think the punishment he got is harsh?

He is required to complete the sentence. He was very lucky to get away lightly, there was no logic in TADA not being made applicable to him (the law is very clear, anyone with a proscribed firearm within a notified are which Mumbai is, has to be held guilty under TADA). His father begged everyone, including police officers & politicians to try & stop TADA from being applied. His phone records (where he called Anees Ibrahim, the brother of Dawood many times) was not presented to court & surprising held him to be only guilty under the arms act. His father moved heaven & earth & finally did get some relief with the CBI not appealing the relief from TADA in the SC. He has got the minimum sentence possible for the crime committed. People who drove the car that brought the weapons to him & a friend who destroyed the weapon (On Sanjay Dutt's request) have got far more severe punishment as has a 70 year old woman (Zaibunisa Kazi) who happened to allow storage of a package (she probably didn't know of the contents) and was convicted under TADA.

Sanjay Dutt deserves no sympathy. It is not only about the possession of the weapons, it reflects on his ability to obtain such weapons from Dawood Ibrahim & the relationship that they shared which allowed him to do so. He should have been treated as a terrorist, only the sympathy & respect that his father had allowed him to get away with less.

He was never found guilty of carrying grenades

The prosecution was only able to prove illegal possession of 9mm pistol and an AK-56 assault rifle, so lets not exaggerate the incident for self-serving agendas.

Isn't it strange that only Hindutva supporters are fully convinced about his guilt and are even exaggerating his guilt on the Mumbai blasts, whereas he was cleared of that charge?

Clearly his Muslim lineage is the sole driving factor motivating the witch hunt against him

Isn't it strange that only Hindutva supporters are fully convinced about his guilt and are even exaggerating his guilt on the Mumbai blasts, whereas he was cleared of that charge?

TIL Supreme Court is Hindutvadi..........the extent to which people (who are ignorant about indian law) go to find excuses.......mehhhh...

and actually he cannot to be of muslim lineage....lineage is usually based on father.....

TIL Supreme Court is Hindutvadi..........the extent to which people (who are ignorant about indian law) go to find excuses.......mehhhh...

and actually he cannot to be of muslim lineage....lineage is usually based on father.....

Supreme Court gave its decision which is fine, since they gave it against him carrying a 9mm pistol and an AK-47... but why are you people opposing him being pardoned which is also within constitutional norms?

The prosecution was only able to prove illegal possession of 9mm pistol and an AK-56 assault rifle, so lets not exaggerate the incident for self-serving agendas.

Clearly his Muslim lineage is the sole driving factor motivating the witch hunt against him[

Yeah probably that could be reason for his liking of grenades, AK-47's and having relations with the terrorists and traitors like Dawood Ibrahim, Tiger memons etc..

If you are saying then I will have to agree that his mother's religion could be the cause of all this but the stupid courts took 20 years to figure out that Nargis was a Muslima.. Sad!!!:frown:

poor chap is suffering all because of his mom's religion..

Yeah probably that could be reason for his liking of grenades, AK-47's and having relations with the terrorists and traitors like Dawood Ibrahim, Tiger memons etc..

If you are saying then I will have to agree that his mother's religion could be the cause of all this but the stupid courts took 20 years to figure out that Nargis was a Muslima.. Sad!!!

poor chap is suffering all because of his mom's religion..

There were no grenades! This addition of GRENADES into Sanjay's arsenal clearly shows fabrication and the extent to which Hindutva brigade would go to, to get a Muslim lineage man...

Clearly his Muslim lineage is the sole driving factor motivating the witch hunt against him

Rubbish. He is someone who got away with a lighter sentence than the others and he did so because his Hindu father moved heaven & earth to beg for leniency. His father, a congress leader begged the Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray to help(through Rajinder Kumar, the father of Sanjay Dutt's brother-in-law-Kumar Gaurav) and used that influence to get the state government to recommend bail which the TADA court rejected. He then got Thackeray to speak to then PM Narsimha Rao & asked for help. Narasimha Rao said that while he couldn't do much, he would ask the home secretary to look at the matter. Finally the central TADA tribunal recommended bail. (These are clearly said by Sanjay Dutt's lawyer who was present when those calls were made) Your sympathies are terribly misplaced.

Back
Top Bottom