What's new

Do you take negative ratings seriously

Could you stop razpak from coming to PDF after a permanent ban?he is moving around with some lastofthepatriots id ..
People will create a new id and login from one of their family members mobile.
U indians seem to be too obsessed with that razpak dude.u guys are such crazy, earlier it was me all of u were after that i am him.

See a shrink all of u pdf indians.

Now you should take it seriously,as greater number of negative ratings helps us to eliminate extreme trolls permanently,which means permanent ban.

regards

That deserves a qualified answer, imho. A good bit of the time the rating simply reflects a biased , irrational reaction from a person empowered to give a rating. There is; in some instances a mismatch between the understanding of powers and responsibilities inherent in that.

Rgds.

Doesn't bother me, but apparently it bothers some people a lot.

The irony is that they themselves know they are trolling, they just don't think they deserve to be punished for it. After getting negative ratings, infractions, bans, etc. the only thing that comes to their mind is: "I'd better cry about it non-stop like a baby".

Why not just accept that you have been caught? And that you're not as smart as you think you are?

Check the rating guidelines, one of the things they say is don't overestimate your own ability to conduct "stealth trolling"... because it fools no one. It won't fool any regular reader, and it certainly won't fool any of the moderators.

No I really dont. One because it's an online forum, and two because most of the think tanks are shit heads.

.have you seen posts of Horus and atanz?
Yes I have, especially @Horus! I don't pay any attention to his ramblings and the utter rubbish he writes.

Damn! Who made him a TTA? :o: The tragedy is we can't give him negative ratings. If we could, PDF would have run out of server space! :lol:

I wear them as a badge of honour, considering where they've come from in my case :)

Negative ratings are actually good. It shows how much the TTAs and mods are pissed off by what you write. Because truth hurts! And who wants to face the truth if it is uncomfortable?
yes and I got 3 negative ratings only for repeating stfu 3 times by some consultant. Some @Areesh said it first. I only repeated it 3 times and the consultant was pissed off. He did not mark areesh negative but innocent me.
@Slav Defence and @lcarus

That deserves a qualified answer, imho. A good bit of the time the rating simply reflects a biased , irrational reaction from a person empowered to give a rating. There is; in some instances a mismatch between the understanding of powers and responsibilities inherent in that.

Rgds.
That is not always the case,and if some masses do that,then we are here for review.

regards

yes and I got 3 negative ratings only for repeating stfu 3 times by some consultant. Some @Areesh said it first. I only repeated it 3 times and the consultant was pissed off. He did not mark areesh negative but innocent me.
@Slav Defence and @lcarus
post your ''ratings received by qcninja'' in review ratings thread.

regards

That is not always the case,and if some masses do that,then we are here for review.

regards
sirji please try to pardon me and reverse my negetive ratings as i dont troll or abuse anyone and here is a new issue

there is a nakli @Guru-dutt on the forum please mods sir take it serouslli i guess he is non other than varchaswe /al-asad-al-arab whome i have put into my ignore list ... thanks

and im not alone even @MastanKhan sir has a new son @Mastaan-khan

sirji please try to pardon me and reverse my negetive ratings as i dont troll or abuse anyone and here is a new issue

there is a nakli @Guru-dutt on the forum please mods sir take it serouslli i guess he is non other than varchaswe /al-asad-al-arab whome i have put into my ignore list ... thanks

and im not alone even @MastanKhan sir has a new son @Mastaan-khan
Post me your link of ''ratings received by guru dutt''. I can see as if I could reverse some or not.
@Irfan Baloch @Horus @WebMaster, take a look at his problem.

regards

I wanted to write this since long and here is good time for it. -ve Ratings only act as -ve medals of dis likeness and unless you have one, you are actually "afraid" of being disliked. But once you have one, these dislikes are permanent and stay with you for ever. There is no difference in 1 -ve rating and 4 -ve or 4 and 7 or 7 and 13 negative ratings and after getting one, you tend to go care-free and future negative ratings do not bother you.

The whole purpose of having these negative ratings was to transform (positively correct) our behaviour in the forum but because of their permanency, they do not transform behaviour.

Negative ratings would be good if they were,
  • More visible than they are and are seen as -ve image. That tiny -1 doesn't do that.
  • Restrict our freedom and leverage in the forum for some time, like if you have a -ve rating, you cannot like more than 10 posts in total or you can only type in plain text and rich-text editor is denied until -ve rating is there.
  • Negative rating should be periodic and time bound. A person may abuse a day but after getting penalized, should be given an opportunity to behave and get rid of that negative medal and then he will be afraid of getting the same negative image again. When this negative image is permanent, you stop caring about it and keep doing what you were doing.
  • Negative rating should be exponential, for saying one -ve thing, you get one -ve rating but if you already have one and you post another bad post, you should receive 2 -ve ratings and another loss of functionality in the forum.
  • If you end up getting 10 negative ratings in a month, you should be banned automatically.
  • Every 2 weeks, one -ve rating should go away. If somebody has 6 -ve ratings, he could be -ve rating free in 12 weeks time.
  • Positive and negative ratings should be linked with each other. Everytime you get a negative rating, one of your positive rating should be eaten but positive ratings shouldn't return automatically back when negative ratings go away. But irrespective of how quickly you grow your -ve ratings, you should only loose 1 positive rating for every mistake.
  • When you have -ve rating, you can get positive ratings but then they will only reduce your -ve rating instead of adding to your positive ratings.
  • Introduce Medals, if you have +3 ratings, give the user a verbal medal, like "likeable", for +6 "respectable" and for +12 "honorable". These titles mean a lot to people and they crave for them instead of numerical positive score. Do not have any labels for -ve ratings though.
If these suggestions are implemented, the forum will move in a positive direction.

Professionally, I am information architect and design user-experiences for tire-1 businesses in Australia. My above suggestions have their roots in psychology and behaviour design and have been tried and tested in real life projects.

Last edited:
Yes I have, especially @Horus! I don't pay any attention to his ramblings and the utter rubbish he writes.

Damn! Who made him a TTA? :o: The tragedy is we can't give him negative ratings. If we could, PDF would have run out of server space! :lol:

Have you lost your mind?

Do you know Horus is the site Administrator himself?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom