What's new

Do we finally have a dependable keeper?

truthseer

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Sarfraz Ahmed has been around for a long time but was never given an extended run. He's a great player despite the overthrow and his gutsy innings was the difference between a loss and a win. Plus, he can actually catch the ball. So do you guys think we've finally found a good keeper?
(And I'm hoping no one's going to say, "Bring Back Kamran.")

Bring Back Kamran

NO WAYYYYY sarfraz is good wicket keeper wish we had used him against india and yeah they should give him more chances since they dont play him much cant say they should play him so that we can really know for example they r now playing hammad azam and he bowled twice once against srilanka which was great and the other against bangladesh which was not so great so u cant tell based on one performance you need some results

he is not around for a long time, his FC record speaks volumes, he has 40+ average and regarded as a best keeper pakistan has presently, he is not much of a slogger but an inning builder, he will stick around and will play crucial role, but if selectors expect some super human slogging like akmal who usually fails, then mark my words, we gonna be a bad team, pakistan has humans too

and he needs cinfidence, just before asia cup our selector iqbal qasim told him he would be dropped just after asia cup if he doesnt perform

he is very reliable keeper and a good batsman, a proper middle order,just need to be promoted up the order, but seems like coming 6 down, misbah doesnt trust him which is a very negative attitude

we have won easily if it was not poor selection from misbah, not including abdul rehman

anyways, the kid needed a bit of good luck too and he got it today

do you know sarfraz was the captain of under 19 team of pakistan which won us the U19 world cup second time?? so in future when misbah will not be around and afridi and younus we will have to select our young players, he might be an option

He is a good cricketer, Hard working and also not a bad batsmen

May be the era of Akmal's is ending fast

Hope to see this guy prosper in the future and never drop any catch at tense situation... and hope he improves his batting too.

Should have been made the man of the match today - if he hadnt scored 19 off the last over - it would have been a Bangladesh victory. He was an inspired choice and left a big mark. Perhaps needs a good run in the side and then lets judge him

I would rate Akmal over him!

Akmal is a confident batsman and shall always open along with Hafeez.

its too early to rate akmal got a decade of support, sarfraz is just new, he just arrived need to settle down

If you are talking about Kamran Akmal then let me remind you Akmal's prime job is to hold the gloves behind the wicket. He fails to do that properly. He is a good batsmen but we needed him as a wicket keeper before anything else. Sarfraz is doing fine job in this regard.... May be in future he can also improve his batting skills but had he not played that 46 not out knock today, Bangladesh would have won this match comfortably.

article-2061744-0ECC206100000578-357_964x638.jpg

He is future of Pakistan, we shouldn't waste him like we wasted Rashid Latif.

He is a very good wicket keeper.We just need to improve our batting.I think our fielding was very good last night.

I think his batting isn't the best but that's not his job. Kamran Akmal had a knack of dropping people who'd go on to make a hundred. He panicked a bit under pressure though, the overthrow, but other than that, he did an outstanding job for me, at least.
May we never see Umar or Kamran Akmal keep again in an ODI!

Back
Top Bottom