What's new

DO INDIANS SUPPORT FORMATION OF TELANGANA STATE

this is a peculiar case where one section wants to seperate and the other two dont want it..creation of seperate telangana causes disallocation or resources..telangana has it sector,industries,water,coal..rayalaseema has mines ,andhra has agriculture and ports..seperating these would not be in anybodies interests..they are 3rd largest economy in state together

People of Marathwada and Gulbarga division seemed to be 100% convinced with merger with their present States.

Telangana seems to be a genuine case of negligence. So is Vidarbha, Bundelkhand and Gorkhaland. We can carve these regions out of the existing provinces but there is no guarantee that the regions will get the special care which they deserve. That being said I am always in favour of smaller administrative units.

nothing more than political propaganda

People of Marathwada and Gulbarga division seemed to be 100% convinced with merger with their present States.

if there is consent with all the parties there would be no problem..this is what made telangana issue compex.42 loksabha seats are there from a.p 33 alone to congress..so this is a cricial issue for them especially at this juncture

out of 9 dists of tg 3 dists namely warangal,karimnagar and greater hyderabad are very well developed.people are demanding telangana not for any development but for an identity.we people of telangana had a different telugu which is mixed with urdu a generation ago.But now many urdu words have been abandoned due to the influence of telugu media and movies.It was only after the formation AP that telugu had a resurrection here in tg.before tht nizam tried to suppress telugu by imposing urdu on telugu people.

u mean rangareddy,karimnagar,medak are not developed??u must see srikakulam,vizianagaram,visakapatnam,ananthapur,karnool districts

hyderabad will become another pakistan with bombs going off every other day.First let majority of muslims progress in education ,then we can think about separate telangana.we shld not be carried away by our blind irrational emotions.we have to weigh both pros and cons before deciding on issues which are of national interest.BJP is aware of the slight polarisation between hindus and muslims here.It wants to cash on it by carving a separate state.

sawaal hi nai paidha hota.Hyderabad is an integral part of telangana for centuries .Infact even during the times of kakatiyas it was part of tg.I dont support separation but if it is separated make hyd a joint capital for a period of 10 yrs until andhraites develop their own capital.The emotional attachment to hyd of ppl tg cant be understood for outsiders.Even asaduddin stated tht if tg is formed hyd shld be its capital.

thank u..im not saying that telangana is completely developed but the fact remains there are worse places in the other two..they cannot survive if seperated.they need support of telangana...im from hyderabad and i had the same view as urs till i joined engineering in vizianagaram district..trust me i wasa born in sangareddy(medak),grew up in hyderabad,rangareddy seen other dists like warangal,karimnagar..but in dists like srikakulam,vizianagarm,visakhapatnam where many are tribals people are struggling to live..forget about development they dnt even have clean water to drinkthey die of diheria and viral fever..which can be cured here easily.if seperate state is formed they'll onceagain become safe haven for naxilites and these poor people would be left to agles and vultures

Division of the state should be on the basis of demography, governance issues and proper scientific methodoloy but not on emotions. second SRC is the way to go on this issue in my opinion. srikakulam, vijayanagaram and some rayalaseema districts are much backward than some telengana areas. backwardness and socio economic inequalities are pervalent all over the state not just telangana.

you are right friend

No connection in terms of family or anything.

Just an academic interest from the Governance perspective.

We have similar issues in Pakistan as well.

if u have patience read all my posts u'll get an idea..msg me incase of any question i'll be happy to answer

if u have patience read all my posts u'll get an idea..msg me incase of any question i'll be happy to answer

Thank you @neehar, my goal for posting this thread is not to troll but to learn from Indian experience. Your assessment is correct about me that I am seriously trying to benefit from Indian experience in terms of smaller administrative units and also in terms of smaller State that is more focused and is lean mean administrative and governance machine to improve the lot of the State Citizens. In Pakistan, we are also struggling with some of the same issues in terms of the largest Province of Pakistan (Population wise ) i.e. Punjab.

I am somewhat disappointed by the reaction of some posters who have this knee jerk response to every issue in terms of Hindu-Muslim context , instead of looking at the issues from governance perspective and how to be responsive to the needs of its Citizens. Btw, the Muslims of Telangana are only 20% of the proposed State. Muslims are already 42% of the Hyderabad City so those are the ground realities of the area. The goal should be not to suppress any ethnic group but to bring them in the fold of democracy and convert them into strong Patriots. If the fear is of terrorism, the best way to discourage terrorism is to NOT SIDELINE any Ethnic group but to be inclusive and not exclusive in terms of ethnic groups. With an Inclusive policy, you can ensure that these smaller groups take ownership of their stake in the overall pie and thereby discourage any one feeling alienated and thereby eliminating anti-social activities.

I thank you for your valuable contribution to the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
reality is the other way round..dists like srikakulam,vizianagaram,visakhapatanm are least developed who are stugling to live..its in aob boarder and the poor tribals are living a bad life..all the industries,it sector and coal mines are located in telangana..trs party was born when chandrasekhar rao was denied ministry by chandrababu naidu..its born out of pure political interests..they stirred the people who were calm and disturbed the calm atmosphere and people got carried away..telangana is not going to become a state what so ever

This is not the first time the protests are happening in A.P.

Yes the tribals are living a bad life but then its not the same for everyone, the greatest asset to the Andhra region is the soil, with proper irrigation infra a lot of money and hence considerable power has come to stay, no one can deny that.

Yes but no water, ask any farmer from Telangan region he will tell you his sad story
- Borwell even after going very deep does not find water.
- No electricity - Common everywhere
- No irrigation canals

I have many friends who come from farming families and are now in IT, they all have to say the same. All it needs for them to go bust is one draught!

http://agrariancrisis.in/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/cotton-farmers-suicides-in-ap.pdf

Read from Page 17, it only focuses on Cotton farmers but the same is true for all of them.

Also, I am not a native of A.P but of Punjab so do not have much of a bias..

Andhra Pradesh consists of three parts ,Telengana, Andhra and Coastal of which Telangana is the poorest and Andhra the most prosperous . But the economic hub of hyderabad is located inside Telangana. If Telanga state is formed, Hyd would be the capital. Rich people of Andhra who have invested heavily in Hyd fear they might lose their influence if Hyd goes to Telangana. And the people of telangana believe they will get better opportunities if they could form the state with Hyd as the capital. I support the people of Telangana.

The three parts are . Rayalaseema (where i born), Coastal Andhra( where i am studying)... Telengana...

but the porblem is all the development and industries is based around the Hyderabad.... people want Hyderabad is combined capital.... no one wants to loose Hyd at any cost...

Telangana issue got lots of strings attached... more complicated matter... it has been hub for SW industries... and the software boom gives wings to the land prices... once if telangana separated it fell down to the hell...

Yes the tribals are living a bad life but then its not the same for everyone, the greatest asset to the Andhra region is the soil, with proper irrigation infra a lot of money and hence considerable power has come to stay, no one can deny that.

Yes but no water, ask any farmer from Telangan region he will tell you his sad story
- No irrigation canals

I have many friends who come from farming families and are now in IT, they all have to say the same. All it needs for them to go bust is one draught!

http://agrariancrisis.in/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/cotton-farmers-suicides-in-ap.pdf

Read from Page 17, it only focuses on Cotton farmers but the same is true for all of them.

all u said is true but ap is called rice bowl of india and majority of its share is provided by andhra region..rice requires more water..telangana is a semi arid region so it supports crops like cotton and wheat which requires lesser water.its not that everybody must get equal water but the justice is done when water is adjusted according to their purposes..our food inflation is already 10% guess what would be the impact if andhra is deprived of water.besides andhra's only source of revenue is agriculture that too water extensive..telangana got industries,it sector and mines..

Thank you @neehar, my goal for posting this thread is not to troll but to learn from Indian experience. Your assessment is correct about me that I am seriously trying to benefit from Indian experience in terms of smaller administrative units in terms of smaller States that is more focused and is lean mean administrative and governance machine to improve the lot of the State Citizens. In Pakistan, we are also struggling with some of the same issues in terms of the largest Province of Pakistan (Population wise ) i.e. Punjab.

I am somewhat disappointed by the reaction of some posters who have this knee jerk response to every issue in terms of Hindu-Muslim context , instead of looking at the issues from governance perspective and how to be responsive to the needs of its Citizens. Btw, the Muslims of Telangana are only 20% of the proposed State. Muslims are already 42% of the Hyderabad City so those are the ground realities of the area. The goal should be not to suppress any ethnic group but to bring them in the fold of democracy and convert them into strong Patriots. If the fear is of terrorism, the best way to discourage terrorism is to NOT SIDELINE any Ethnic group but to be inclusive and not exclusive in terms of ethnic groups. With an Inclusive policy, you can ensure that these smaller groups take ownership of their stake in the overall pie and thereby discourage any one feeling alienated and thereby eliminating anti-social activities.

I thank you for your valuable contribution to the thread.

unfortunately most of the old city is remained less developed comparitively to new hyderabad.but the situation is improving.its not justified attribute terrorism to a religion..yes unfortunately there are some instances where traces of terror is fund out there but thats only connected to development extremists are using religion to lure these people in to terrorism .so they must be made equally integrated in to the society.unfortunately the political stronghold of the region lies in the hands of a party like mim who intend to keep the people in that state for political benefits..hope things will get better in near future

- No irrigation canals

Andhra pradesh has very fertile soil and its an asset i agree. about water crisis u need to break down issues to a micro level to get a clear picture costal region mainly krishna godavari districts benefits being down stream region. they dosent need lift irrigation projects to pump water to its feilds they can just use the water just by diverting it to canals without additional cost. in this case both telengana,rayalaseema and some some districts like nellore, ongole in costal region are at disadvantage as they are upstream. they need to depend on lift irrigation and bore wells.

lift irrigation is a costly process which burdens exchequer comparing to canal irrigation. so the govt gives priority to the downstream regions for cost effective use of limited resources. groundwater levels have plummeted due to excessive use of bore well with out using proper conservation methods like harvesting rain water building check dams and lakes which are essential for regions like telengana and rayalaseema. electricity is an issue for both lift irrigation and bore wells. as we have severe load shedding in all the regions from min of 12hrs in villages 2 to 6 hrs in the cities and towns. so pumping water to upstream canals is impossible and cost.

Farming has become hard in all three regions due various reasons like un availability of labour, raising costs of labour, lack of electricity, lack of proper information and new practices, supportive selling price. there should be an agency for the farmers which can be proactive in estimating the supply and demand for various crops for the coming season and advise them to change their cropping patterns according to market. so that there cannot be a price drop due to excess in production of a particular crop.

Andhra pradesh has very fertile soil and its an asset i agree. about water crisis u need to break down issues to a micro level to get a clear picture costal region mainly krishna godavari districts benefits being down stream region. they dosent need lift irrigation projects to pump water to its feilds they can just use the water just by diverting it to canals without additional cost. in this case both telengana,rayalaseema and some some districts like nellore, ongole in costal region are at disadvantage as they are upstream. they need to depend on lift irrigation and bore wells.

lift irrigation is a costly process which burdens exchequer comparing to canal irrigation. so the govt gives priority to the downstream regions for cost effective use of limited resources. groundwater levels have plummeted due to excessive use of bore well with out using proper conservation methods like harvesting rain water building check dams and lakes which are essential for regions like telengana and rayalaseema. electricity is an issue for both lift irrigation and bore wells. as we have severe load shedding in all the regions from min of 12hrs in villages 2 to 6 hrs in the cities and towns. so pumping water to upstream canals is impossible and cost.

Farming has become hard in all three regions due various reasons like un availability of labour, raising costs of labour, lack of electricity, lack of proper information and new practices, supportive selling price. there should be an agency for the farmers which can be proactive in estimating the supply and demand for various crops for the coming season and advise them to change their cropping patterns according to market. so that there cannot be a price drop due to excess in production of a particular crop.

What is the bottom line ?

Do you believe that Andhra Pradesh is too big a State to be effectively governed as a single UNIT ?

Will the situation be handled more efficiently and effectively by three smaller States ?

Sure there would be some redundancies in terms of administrative machinery, but they would be offset by the efficiencies of smaller units, Don't you think ?

Also, the smaller States would be more responsive to the needs of their respective constituencies, wouldn't they ?

Do you believe that Andhra Pradesh is too big a State to be effectively governed as a single UNIT ?

Will the situation be handled more efficiently and effectively by three smaller States ?

Sure there would be some redundancies in terms of administrative machinery, but they would be offset by the efficiencies of smaller units, Don't you think ?

Also, the smaller States would be more responsive to the needs of their respective constituencies, wouldn't they ?

you are absolutely right incase of smaller states administration is easier and development also takes place .this is also proved by the hdi indicators.how ever telangana state is a different case this is not a problem of maladministration.as i said ap stands 2nd largest in india.and major share is from telangana. when they are together.spliting them would cause misallocation of resources.we've seen this wth states like chattisgarh or jharkhand or uttarkhand..even after seperation their performance is not any better..so the bottom line is its not a universal fact that seperation causes good always..each case must be analysed seperately..both pros and cons must be evaluated and seperation must be done only when all the sides are pacified.it would yield better results.

btw is there any new demand of states in pakistan??

small or big it all comes down to the efficiency of the government mechanism. we have very good mechanism but people who handle things at the office are not up to the mark. for instance take two small states created under the banner of small is good Uttarakhand and chattisgarh. while Uttarakhand is handling itself well chattisgarhseems to be lost some where in woods, mining scams, maoists, tribal issues. so as long as people who handle the governance are unable to do their job small or big is destined to fail. it all comes down to the govrnment machinery the way it responds to people needs, the way it cares for their security and the way it can rise up to their aspirations. so the point is we have a very gud mechanism we just need to elect people who are apt for the job. In AP's case emotions are running high, logic is lost, flase promises and fake dreams are screened for ordinary people making them emotional without reasoning by the politicians for their vote bank politics.

you are absolutely right incase of smaller states administration is easier and development also takes place .this is also proved by the hdi indicators.how ever telangana state is a different case this is not a problem of maladministration.as i said ap stands 2nd largest in india.and major share is from telangana. when they are together.spliting them would cause misallocation of resources.we've seen this wth states like chattisgarh or jharkhand or uttarkhand..even after seperation their performance is not any better..so the bottom line is its not a universal fact that seperation causes good always..each case must be analysed seperately..both pros and cons must be evaluated and seperation must be done only when all the sides are pacified.it would yield better results.

btw is there any new demand of states in pakistan??

Yes , we have demand in Pakistan for bifurcation of Punjab Province into Northern and Southern Provinces. In Southern Punjab we have Saraiki culture and these people complain about Punjabi bias against their culture and their area and they complain about too many resources being diverted by the dominant Punjabi administration to northern Punjab areas.

Some down south want Sindh to be broken up into Urban ( Karachi/Hyderabad) and Rural Sindh. Urban Sindh ( i.e. Karachi/Hyderabad area )is dominated by Urdu speakers ( however, since these urban areas are cosmopolitan in character, sizeable Pushtoon, Punjabi, Sindhi and some Balochi communities exist as well). Rural Sindh is predominatly Sindhi in character.

Sometimes, when there is a conflict of objectives and goals between various Constituent parts of a State , it makes sense to break it up in two or three parts so that each new State can further its own objectives.

Do you @neehar and @Trident think that is the situation in Andhra Pradesh ?

Do the Andhra people or Coastal Andhra People dominate Andhra Pradesh at the expense of Telangana constituency ?

all u said is true but ap is called rice bowl of india and majority of its share is provided by andhra region..rice requires more water..telangana is a semi arid region so it supports crops like cotton and wheat which requires lesser water.its not that everybody must get equal water but the justice is done when water is adjusted according to their purposes..our food inflation is already 10% guess what would be the impact if andhra is deprived of water.besides andhra's only source of revenue is agriculture that too water extensive..telangana got industries,it sector and mines..

Do you have any idea about what you are talking? Do you mean to say that if water is given to Telangana there will be a shortage of it in Andhra? Can you provide me any material to support your claim?

Back
Top Bottom