What's new

Disproving some genocide claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
India has nothing against what relations Pakistan and Bangladesh want to have as long as it is not directed against us.

Right now the relationship seeems to be more about allowing ISI to use Bangladesh as a base for terror attacks on India.

Ahh, thats identical to our complaint over the Indian-Afghan relationship.

And your evidence that all Pakistanis or the Pakistani government is advocating these policies?

I think you need to wake up and get back down to earth!

I am of the staunch opinion that there should be Stereotyping. Apologies if it felt that way. I have gone thru a lot of threads in this Forum, especially related to history. The war of words b/w Road runner and Flintlock, some of the posts there made me to respond this way..

And your evidence that all Pakistanis or the Pakistani government is advocating these policies?

I think you need to wake up and get back down to earth!

BTW yu missed the point behind the sarcasm. Pakistan and B'desh got independence from India huh?? :undecided:

BTW yu missed the point behind the sarcasm. Pakistan and B'desh got independence from India huh?? :undecided:

No, Pakistan won its independence from the British, as did India.

Bangladesh won its independence from Pakistan.

I am of the staunch opinion that there should be Stereotyping. Apologies if it felt that way. I have gone thru a lot of threads in this Forum, especially related to history. The war of words b/w Road runner and Flintlock, some of the posts there made me to respond this way..

And if you notice the unscientific poll at the top, and read through the posts, the majority of Pakistanis did not advocate the opinions you attributed to them.

Also search for "hand in the cookie jar". You get at least one neutral source.

Just Google"Bangladesh Genocide" or "Rape of Bangladesh" you will get plenty of neutral sources.

We argued, without a rebuttal so far, at the beginning of this thread that the numbers on both those issues bandied about on 'neutral websites' are wrong, and statistically implausible.

India's covert support for violent groups in Bangaldesh was proved in another thread, through the words of Sam Manekshaw to Indira Gandhi no less.

Also search for "hand in the cookie jar". You get at least one neutral source.

Your obsession with banging elephants and horses now has you obsessing with cookie jars. You are getting weirder by the day. Just keep your hands to yourself. :sick:

Why doesn't anyone read Asoka Rainia's book? That is an Indian source with all information on RAW activities in South Asia.

On the issue of RAW activities in Bangladesh and East Pakistan, a cursory search turned this up:
Creation of Bangladesh: The Bangladesh operation, beginning with sowing seeds of dissension, leading to the Agartala Conspiracy, creation of Mukti Bahini and under its cover sneaking into East Pakistan for guerrilla operations to blow up bridges and other installations damaged the morale of Pakistani troops and India won the war even before the battle began, thanks to RAW as its agents had infiltrated every nook and corner of erstwhile East Pakistan. The paragraph entitled: 'RAW takes shape', in the initial part of this article, amply demonstrates the causal chain of events.

RAW AT WAR-II

Again, the activities of RAW in East Pakistan in terms of inflaming the situation were also referred to by Sam Manekshaw, so this is really a moot point to quibble over.

Thanks for mentioning that book Munshi Shaib, will check it out.

No, Pakistan won its independence from the British, as did India.

Bangladesh won its independence from Pakistan.

You are right that Pakistan and India gained independence from British but Bangladesh too got independence from British and due to political differences with West Pakistan they had decided to run their part themselves. I would not call it independence but separation from West Pakistan’s administration.

On the issue of RAW activities in Bangladesh and East Pakistan, a cursory search turned this up:

And the source is ???

Its a worthless para Agno. It has got no credibility.

Again, the activities of RAW in East Pakistan in terms of inflaming the situation were also referred to by Sam Manekshaw, so this is really a moot point to quibble over.

Whatever Manekshaw did mention, I'm sure it wasn't remotely related to the article you just posted.

And the source is ???

Its a worthless para Agno. It has got no credibility.

Whatever Manekshaw did mention, I'm sure it wasn't remotely related to the article you just posted.

Manekshaw confirmed the use of proxies by India to sow dissension and instigate an uprising to IG as early as the beginning of 1971 This point was the focus of my debate with Salim and Vish on another East Pakistan thread, and it clearly establishes Indian complicity. Not to mention the dozens of Pakistani sources, and sources like the one above that also argue the same.

But regardless of whether you agree with the 'juicy details' in that quote above, the involvement of the GoI in fomenting violence in EP and inflaming the situation is a moot point.

Last edited:
PS: It seems the source for that quote, and this one from Global security are Asok Rainia's book:
The involvement of RAW in East Pakistan is said to date from the
1960s, when RAW promoted dissatisfaction against Pakistan in East
Pakistan, including funding Mujibur Rahmanh’s general election in 1970
and providing training and arming the Mukti Bahini.
Indian intelligence agencies, were involved in East Pakistan now,
Bangladesh, beginning, in the early 1960’s.

Its operatives were in touch with Sheikh Mujib for quite some time.
Sheikh Mujib went to Agartala in 1965.The famous Agartala case was
unearthed in 1967.In fact, the main purpose of raising R.A.W. in 1968
was to organize covert operations in Bangladesh.

As early as 1968, R.A.W. was given a green light to begin mobilizing
all its resources for the impending surgical intervention in erstwhile
East Pakistan.When in July 1971 General Manekshaw told Prime Minister
Indira Gandhi that the army would not be ready until December to
intervene in Bangladesh, she quickly turned to R.A.W. for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom