What's new

Different types of radar homing in air to air missiles

Ray_of_Hope

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I was reading about different types of air to air radar homing of missiles.This thread is for discussing advantages and disadvantages of these homing mechanisms.Which is better suited for BVR and WVR combat.Also which type of giudance is better suited for BVR combat as i cannot find a suitable answer on google. All in all,this thread is specifically created for discussion on radar homing.Any new information will be appreciated
Active radar homing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-active_radar_homing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared_homing

@Windjammer @Oscar

In my opinion the future BVR AAMs will most likely be dual-mode (Active and Passive) among other things. China claims that the SD-10A is dual mode, while many people speculate that the AIM-120D will have dual-mode capability also. Obviously these kind of things are closely guarded secrets, so we cannot know for sure.

In my opinion the future BVR AAMs will most likely be dual-mode (Active and Passive) among other things. China claims that the SD-10A is dual mode, while many people speculate that the AIM-120D will have dual-mode capability also. Obviously these kind of things are closely guarded secrets, so we cannot know for sure.

Spoke to PAF Pilots about SD-10A. They wouldn't give any specifics but stated that its an equal if not better than the AIM-120C5s we have for our vipers.

Spoke to PAF Pilots about SD-10A. They wouldn't give any specifics but stated that its an equal if not better than the AIM-120C5s we have for our vipers.
Not surprised. It really demonstrates how far China has come in AAM tech, and in military technology in general. They have revealed many great weapons at Zhuhai 2014. It looks like Pakistan will be first in line to get these weapons in the coming years as they become available for export.

Back
Top Bottom