What's new

Did you know? Zee to launch a channel that will air Pakistani content only

The people in punjab, kpk , balochistan speak more purer urdu these days because they learn standar urdu from text books, I was in karachi and I noticed that they speak slang urdu. It is same in germany, pure standard german is native to no area but all the people can speak standard german because they learn it from text books in school which are all it stadard german. Same is the case in pakistan, a punjabi educated in urdu from lahore today speaks more of a book form of standard urdu than a so-called urdu speaker who would speak a highly hindi slang mixed form of urdu, like tere ko mere ko bola tha etc.

Agreed. But I was hinting more towards the vocabulary used if Urdu were to take a puritanical turn. A majority of Urdu in it's 'purer' form will rely on Farsi loanwords, with a substantial sprinkling of Arabic and Turkic words. This isn't the Urdu taught in Schools, but rather learnt through dedicated degree-level courses, and research even.

Come to Bangalore. I'll make your acquaintance with impure Urdu.:enjoy:

As for pure Urdu, I doubt if many Pakistanis themselves will understand it. Because the 'purer' it gets, the closer to Farsi it gets. Case in point: Quami Tarana. :)

What a relief coming to the residents of Bangalore. Thanks to Zee... :P....

on a serious note in Pakistani dramas and soaps there no impure Urdu used. It is standard Urdu..

Agreed. But I was hinting more towards the vocabulary used if Urdu were to take a puritanical turn. A majority of Urdu in it's 'purer' form will rely on Farsi loanwords, with a substantial sprinkling of Arabic and Turkic words. This isn't the Urdu taught in Schools, but rather learnt through dedicated degree-level courses, and research even.

Urdu is made of combination of different languages! But when they make up Urdu language the words are Urdu words... not some other language's loanwords... anyways, hold your horses... watch the programs by yourself and you will know that how easy this language is to understand.. :enjoy:

Last edited:
What a relief coming to the residents of Bangalore. Thanks to Zee... :P....

on a serious note in Pakistani dramas and soaps there no impure Urdu used. It is standard Urdu..

Urdu is made by combination of different languages! But when they make up Urdu language the words are Urdu words... not some other language's loanwords... anyways, hold your horses... watch the programs by yourself and you will know that how easy this language is to understand.. :enjoy:

I don't have even a shred of doubt that I will be able to easily comprehend any Pakistani TV series. And that's because the Urdu used will be nearer to the Urdu taught in Schools and used in everyday conversations, not the one in it's 'pure' form. :)

I don't have even a shred of doubt that I will be able to easily comprehend any Pakistani TV series. And that's because the Urdu used will be nearer to the Urdu taught in Schools and used in everyday conversations, not the one in it's 'pure' form. :)

you will be able to comprehend.. you know what most of Indian movies use mostly Urdu words.. so it will be more or less same.. plus once you start liking it... you start understanding it as well.. don't worry! keep calm and watch zeendagi tv... :D

you will be able to comprehend.. you know what most of Indian movies use mostly Urdu words.. so it will be more or less same.. plus once you start liking it... you start understanding it as well.. don't worry! keep calm and watch zeendagi tv... :D

Arre nahi bhai....mein Hindi serials dekhna kab ka band kar diya hoon. Hindi/Urdu serials dekhne ki khwahish ab nahi rahi.:no:

They i don't see anything happening here. People here don't understand that much urdu words. By Pure mean those huge and difficult words without any hindi words.
why not the audience to decide? If our films used to beat yr ones in 60s in yr mumbai and in 70s 80s and 90s our dramas of PTV were an obsession with yr audience as far as dehli and agra i dont see what yr audience have really changed by watching those typical saas bahu hindi dramas........BTW i would love to see them translated into yr local languages specially of South India and North East India. Im sure because of language barrier they r missing some of the greatest stuff ever made.

Come to Bangalore. I'll make your acquaintance with impure Urdu.:enjoy:

As for pure Urdu, I doubt if many Pakistanis themselves will understand it. Because the 'purer' it gets, the closer to Farsi it gets. Case in point: Quami Tarana. :)
our Quomi Tarana is actually in Farsi. Farsi used to be the National Language of our times of rule in South Asia it used be called Language of Darbar e Alla in Akbar's times. The people who used to speak it used be considered as the most educated people that trait is still found in Afghanistan.

But if yr fellow countrymen of PDF are interested in our dramas then i will surely suggest Alpha Bravo Charlie. Its still the drama with a record TRP in Pakistan history.

Last edited:
They i don't see anything happening here. People here don't understand that much urdu words. By Pure mean those huge and difficult words without any hindi words.

i use to watch Pakistani channel.......in drama they don't use pure Urdu...it is mix of English and simple Urdu which is very similar to what we speak .............but some time feel difficult to understand Urdu news channel......

Did you know? Zee to launch a channel that will air Pakistani content only
By Our Correspondent
Published: June 2, 2014

716521-dhoop-1401723339-960-640x480.jpg

Promotional poster of Dhoop Kinaray. PHOTO: FILE

The Zee network will soon be launching a channel Zindagi which will only air Pakistani content. The channel, slated to be launched on June 23, will pick successful Pakistani television soaps and dramas for its Indian viewers, reported Forbes India.

To test this idea, short clips of Pakistani shows were shown to families across India. The feedback reinforced the belief that these shows will work with the masses.

“The market today is already being fragmented with varied classes of people opting for a variety of content. We want to make sure we have an offering for the premium mass Hindi-speaking markets. This will help us expand our audience base, tap into premium advertisers and shore up revenues in the long run,” said Punit Goenka, MD and CEO of ZeeEntertainment Enterprises Limited.

The audience for such content is about 40 million TV homes. India has a total of 140 million homes that watch television.

In the early stages, the channel will air four hours of new programming every day; as time will progress, it will pick up content from other parts of the world as well and commission new programmes that will be produced both in India and Pakistan.

Several novels are also being converted into soaps and 12 telefilms have been commissioned.

Just like Pakistan, memories of classic shows like Dhoop Kinaare and Ankahi are still strong with the Indian audiences of the 1980s. However, the question is, will young viewers connect with this genre?

good i like HUM tv ....and Urdu dram

Pak TV serials were popular back in the 80's when all we had was Doordarshan.

Indian serials ( I personally hate them) are more in sync with the times of the day.

Indians would like the pakistanis drama .. they are more close to reality .. mostly what i saw is issue baised .. they are short .. mostly 30 t 50 episode .. the on i use to watch on starplus is around 300- 400 episodes ...

Hindi serials unrealistic and focusses only on looks and dressing/attire. the looks are not how the common people in Hindi heartland looks like. unrealistic brainwashing. BTW, if Pakistani serials have the Urdu with Punjabi pronunciation, then :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom