What's new

Did Russia just reduce the threat of Indian-backed terrorism against Pakistan?

And I don't know about you, but I am sick of seeing Pakistan used by different world powers for achieving their own goals. Jumping from the U.S camp to the Russian camp is not really that appealing to me. Russia and India are both mature states that deal with all nations to benefit themselves, while we are partisan submissive folks who like to stay submissive to one party or another and are incapable of forming a foreign policy that enhances our national prestige and is independent of other influences.

So am I .... but we need strong economy and strong military manufacturing.

Indeed. I have looked at Russian moves recently and while I do not deny that Russia is more than willing to accommodate Pakistan but in all honesty, it looks more like Russia diversifying it's partners in the region and attempting to undermine U.S hegemony over Pakistan.

Russia is primarily looking after its own interests in Afghanistan, mostly because of the fallout to its own backyard (Central Asian states) from the Afghan conflict. It has zero to do with being wanting to align with Pakistan. It is simply the alignment of interests in one theater of conflict. The relationship between Russia and India is not going to breakdown any soon where you will see Russia choosing Pakistan..

And I don't know about you, but I am sick of seeing Pakistan used by different world powers for achieving their own goals. Jumping from the U.S camp to the Russian camp is not really that appealing to me. Russia and India are both mature states that deal with all nations to benefit themselves, while we are partisan submissive folks who like to stay submissive to one party or another and are incapable of forming a foreign policy that enhances our national prestige and is independent of other influences.
I've got to say man. You seem like a very intelligent guy, you are better than some of your countrymen on here that blindly believe shit. We need more people like you on here and less people like them,

I've got to say man. You seem like a very intelligent guy, you are better than some of your countrymen on here that blindly believe shit. We need more people like you on here and less people like them,

Whilst I appreciate your sentiment, I don't think it's about being better but more about having different opinions and point of view on this forum. There are no good or bad opinions.

Not too sure you are right. :D

See I may find an opinion good, and another may find it bad and vice versa. For example, there are many who are of the opinion that taking part in the Soviet Afghan war was the right thing to do, while I vehemently disagree with it. None of our opinions would be good or bad in that sense, just that two different sets of groups will agree/disagree with that opinion..

See I may find an opinion good, and another may find it bad and vice versa. For example, there are many who are of the opinion that taking part in the Soviet Afghan war was the right thing to do, while I vehemently disagree with it. None of our opinions would be good or bad in that sense, just that two different sets of groups will agree/disagree with that opinion..

Within that, one can find different levels of rationality with which people posting have addressed issues.

Within that, one can find different levels of rationality with which people posting have addressed issues.

Agreed. But what if both sides present rational train of thought? Which one will you choose? Surely in that sense you will take the one that endears to your own feelings and thoughts? And if you do, would it make the other incorrect or a "bad" opinion? Or merely an opinion that you do not agree with?

Agreed. But what if both sides present rational train of thought? Which one will you choose? Surely in that sense you will take the one that endears to your own feelings and thoughts? And if you do, would it make the other incorrect or a "bad" opinion? Or merely an opinion that you do not agree with?

Historians and others from social sciences are actually trained to weigh their opinions as opinions along with all other papers on the issue; there is more objectivity about these studies than most people realise.

A researcher would typically mention both the trains of thought, indicating preference, and reasons for it, with the blocker that no absolute precision would apply to the issue.

Please keep Russia

We don't need this small economic power in Indian side now
They are about your level.

Back
Top Bottom