What's new

Did KP gov have advanced warning of Peshwar attack?

I watched the whole ISPR press conference immediately after the incident and when asked about the intelligence reports about the attack then Gen.Bajwa replied..There has been a generalized threat of terrorist activities after the commencement of "operation Zarb e Azb" but no solid intelligence about the school attack was present or shared with KPK Govt..

Watch this press conference,Gen Asim denies any such specific intelligence report about attack on this school,though he talks about generalized threat..Watch from 15:30 onward..

Firstly, ISPR and Asim Bajwa already denied that in his press conference. Secondly, the Cantt. area was managed by the military, not the KP government. Thirdly, the Peshawar region has twenty two branches of APS, and the entire country has a hundred and forty six. If we are to believe the ISPR, the warning was very general - it could've been any school, it wasn't even mentioned it would be an APSACS school. The ISPR is an infinitely more reliable source than Geo.

Finally, it's a shame that Geo is still trying to do propaganda against PTI (KPK govt.) like that. It's pathetic. If they had that much information, why wasn't it provided to the Military and why wasn't it reported back in August? I know for a fact that it wasn't to 'avoid panic', because they never had any problem reporting such threats before.

This was a generic warning. Not defending KPK govt but with limited resources, no province in Pakistan can give 100% security to all places all the time. Those limited resources are most of the time used by the politicians for VIP duty.

Even some newspaper publish article that on 16th dec there will be happen something wrong.. some evil minds plan some evil in Pakistan.. but unfortunately our great politicians are busy in "Attacking" and "Defending"

warning was something like ..... "keep you eyes open"

No it was not. The document in question said to the Provincial government in August that 22 schools of yours are in danger of a terrorist attack where children will be killed.

KP government had been warned of Peshawar attack - thenews.com.pk

Not being from the region, I don't have good knowledge of the reliability of various news sources. This article seems to be using GEO as a reference, and I've heard a lot of hate here for them.

The tone is finger-pointing, and may just be political opportunism.
What is your aim of this type of Post
Did US govt had advance warning of Attack on WTC???
Because WTC was attacked Before?????

Firstly, ISPR and Asim Bajwa already denied that in his press conference. Secondly, the Cantt. area was managed by the military, not the KP government. Thirdly, the Peshawar region has twenty two branches of APS, and the entire country has a hundred and forty six. If we are to believe the ISPR, the warning was very general - it could've been any school, it wasn't even mentioned it would be an APSACS school. The ISPR is an infinitely more reliable source than Geo.

Finally, it's a shame that Geo is still trying to do propaganda against PTI (KPK govt.) like that. It's pathetic. If they had that much information, why wasn't it provided to the Military and why wasn't it reported back in August? I know for a fact that it wasn't to 'avoid panic', because they never had any problem reporting such threats before.
GEO group is mentally ill (koi elaj nahi in ka)

KP government had been warned of Peshawar attack - thenews.com.pk

Not being from the region, I don't have good knowledge of the reliability of various news sources. This article seems to be using GEO as a reference, and I've heard a lot of hate here for them.

The tone is finger-pointing, and may just be political opportunism.

If warning was there, It was the same incident and repetition of what happened in DI jail incident. However this one was very sad since lots of children died.

Last edited:
What is your aim of this type of Post
Did US govt had advance warning of Attack on WTC???
Because WTC was attacked Before?????

My aim was to see if there was corroborating information floating around in Pakistan that I was unaware of. It appeared to be to be a sensationalist claim, either by the news org trying to smear someone, or by a government entity trying to smear a political or bureaucratic opponent. Its hard to tell when you only get snippets - so I asked the local people: you.

You're response was pretty antagonistic, for a fairly simple query. I think my original post indicted that I was sceptical of the claims.

Back
Top Bottom