What's new

Diamer Bhasha Dam: Russia wants to take up project without bidding

@ samran ali .......samran u r a girl ....i think ,,...samran is the name of girl ..one of mine friend name is samran mirza :pop:

@ samran ali .......samran u r a girl ....i think ,,...samran is the name of girl ..one of mine friend name is samran mirza :pop:

Offtopic: It doesn't necessarily mean that Samran is a girl. I know 2 guys who have the names: Tasnim Khan & Sana Karim.
What do you have to say about this?

I think Russia already kew Kashmir before offering to build... Dont be stupid more.

Names of certain Dams are given in the news but your media stressed on Bhasha Dam only.:cheesy: Russia gives full support to India over Kashmir, so don't expect huge from Russians. :lol:

These dams take so much time to be built. They should've had been given the priority way back. Well, better late than sorry.

Offtopic: It doesn't necessarily mean that Samran is a girl. I know 2 guys who have the names: Tasnim Khan & Sana Karim.

when i have talked on topic :rofl:

sana is a girl :partay:

I know a guy whose name is Naheed. Can you imagine that? A man's name being Naheed!! :) :)

Names of certain Dams can given in the news but your media stressed on Bhasha Dam only.:cheesy: Russia gives full support to India over Kashmir, so don't expect huge from Russians. :lol:

Russia is in less part of my trust list.

And we won't be deluded by them for a 1.6 billion USD 10 years work in progress, used, Eyecrafts Karrier.

off topic but its boys name... I already have told you.

Even i had a female teacher named Nadeem... Also Rahat, Rehmat, Anwar are used for both.

Russia to help build Diamer-Bhasha Dam
THE deliberations of Pakistan-Russia Joint Ministerial Commission meeting, held in Islamabad on Monday, were productive in the sense that the two countries have agreed to boost cooperation in different sectors especially the area of most concern for Pakistan ie energy. In a highly encouraging development, the Russian side is reported to have shown keen interest in extending cooperation to Pakistan in the construction of Diamer-Bhasha and Munda dams.

This is indeed part of the proactive role that Russian Federation is playing in regional economic collaboration and forging bilateral ties with Pakistan. During several multilateral moots, the Russian leadership also vowed to provide finances for projects like CASA-1000 and TAPI and commitment for the purpose was reiterated during Islamabad round of talks. The Russian offer to provide assistance in building much-needed Diamer-Bhasha and Munda dams to help overcome water and energy crisis in Pakistan assumes significance in the backdrop of reports that multilateral institutions like the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank are dragging their feet on provision of finances for Diamer project on the pretext of No Objection Certificate from India. As authorities concerned are exploring alternative avenues to shore up funds for this vital project, the Russian offer must be taken with all seriousness and steps taken on priority basis to materialise this at the earliest. We are sure that with Russian assistance and cooperation from some Gulf countries, Pakistan can implement water projects of crucial economic significance. If the country prepares its case carefully and minutely, there are bright chances of some headway on this and some other projects like the much-talked-about expansion plan of Karachi Steel Mills during forthcoming visit of the Russian President to Pakistan. In fact, Russians are willing to forge ties with Pakistan yet the impression of lack of consistency on the part of Pakistani leadership and decision-makers is marring prospects of some breakthrough. Therefore, it is imperative that Pakistan should work hard to improve its reliability as a Russian partner and we believe this is need of the time as Pakistan cannot afford to continue with the policy of looking solely towards the West, a policy that has not paid as much as it should have.
Deal may be finali*sed during Putin’s visit next month.

Indians You are still Thinking This news is false, here you Go

Diamer Bhasha Dam: Russia wants to consider project without putting in a bid
Russia is looking to get direct award of the construction agreement for the $13 billion Diamer Bhasha Dam inside a government-to-government deal without turning to worldwide competitive putting in a bid, sources say.
Confronted with water and energy shortages, Pakistan is searching for funds from China and Russia, who consequently desire a government-to-government deal without worldwide putting in a bid.
The government’s look for funds came after multilateral contributor requested Pakistan to obtain a no-objection certificate from India for that dam’s construction.
China and Russia desire a similar arrangement for undertaking the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline project, that has faced fierce opposition in the U . s . States.
Based on sources, Pakistan and Russia will probably strike your final deal around the dam throughout visit of Russian Leader Vladimir Putin to Islamabad the following month.
“A meeting of Pak-Russia inter-ministerial commission is going to be held prior to the visit of Russian leader, that will exercise a mechanism for financing mega projects,” a government official stated.
Inside a meeting from the Inter-governmental Commission (IGC) held here on Monday, government authorities gave an in depth briefing towards the Russian team on planned energy projects. However, sources stated, Russia made no firm resolve for the dam.
Based on the official, it had been only a basic meeting to go over different projects, that could be tabled throughout deliberations using the Russian leader.
Within the IGC meeting, the Russian side was told that Bhasha Dam would be a proper project with energy generation capacity of four,500 megawatts to beat the power crisis. It’ll have water storage capacity of 8.5 million acre ft to give the farming sector.
Chinese offer
China government has offered Pakistan skilled work for the making of Bhasha Dam. China has 17,000 skilled employees, who’ve done the large Three Gorges Dam, that is creating 3,000 megawatts of electricity.
However, multilateral contributor have requested Pakistan to find a no-objection certificate from India to create financing the dam, that they have to say is located in a disputed territory. Rather, they’ve provided to finance another project – Dasu wave power, however the government has declined the program and wishes to complete Bhasha Dam first.
On Monday, a delegation around the globe Bank, headed based on country Director Rachid Benmessaud, known as on Federal Water and Energy Minister Ahmed Mukhtar and once more provided to finance phase-I from the Dasu project.
Dasu wave power project can be found 7 km upstream of Dasu village on Indus River and 350 km from Islamabad. The project is situated in Kohistan district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.

Estimated production is about 19 gwh with current price that will fetch almost 2billion$ per year ..so it will take 8 to 9 years (with maintenance cost ) to take back the investment .. Still a good investment considering energy needs of the country

If it is a Gov to Gov deal then you dont need tendering as neither party will seek profit maximization. Go for it. Its a good deal

China is very active in financing and building roads in Kashmir...

Are you talking about Indian Kashmir??

Following is a example where chinese are investing US$ 200 million to build road in Indian Kashmir with the joint venture with Indian partner.
;) :woot: :yahoo:

It will help India to have better connectivity with all parts of the Jammu and Kashmir ;)

China

India invites Chinese companies to invest in highway projects

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Economy/article669366.ece

Projects Monitor :: Chinese firms make inroads into highways

http://www.projectsinfo.in/Default.aspx?Tags=oW6hLRWRVtSv8U9ZqnyfOA==

Are you talking about Indian Kashmir??

Following is a example where chinese are investing US$ 200 million to build road in Indian Kashmir with the joint venture with Indian partner.
;) :woot: :yahoo:

It will help India to have better connectivity with all parts of the Jammu and Kashmir ;)

China

India invites Chinese companies to invest in highway projects

The Hindu : Business / Economy : India invites Chinese companies to invest in highway projects

Projects Monitor :: Chinese firms make inroads into highways

http://www.projectsinfo.in/Default.aspx?Tags=oW6hLRWRVtSv8U9ZqnyfOA==

there is a difference between chinese companies and chinese Govt. and 2nd thing might be they are making there own way to go india from jammu kashmir . who knows what they are thinking might be ISI is also behind it ? isnt it :sniper:

Back
Top Bottom