What's new

Dhruv ALH Chopper of Indian Army Crashes in Ladakh

hassamun

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Dhruv ALH Chopper of Indian Army crashed in eastern Ladakh on Tuesday, reported LiveFest. According to initial reports, the crew of the crashed Dhruv ALH Chopper escaped with minor injuries. The accident took place at around 1:30 pm. The cause of the crash has not been ascertained yet.

According to reports, Indian Army’s Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) crashed near Tsogstalu helipad in Eastern Ladakh. Senior commanders, who were on board, received minor injuries in the crash. A court of inquiry has been ordered into the ALH crash incident in Eastern Ladakh.

http://www.india.com/news/india/dhr...akh-crew-escapes-with-minor-injuries-2450935/

That's it's purpose...its a crash test helicopter - just ask Ecudor :agree:

World average is 9.84 crashes per 100,000 hrs of flying a helicopter.
This figure includes average of civil and military includes accidents.
Wonder whether a study has been done on indias heli crashes.
All concentration seems to be on mig crashes.
I have done some googling...
Till 2013 , oct , there were 12 crashes of dhruv helis.
Oct 13 because dhruv completed 100000 hrs of flying in oct 13.

India's first indigenous chopper ALH-Dhruv clocks one lakh flying hours
By PTI | Updated: Oct 09, 2013, 04.04 PM IST

So for a military heli with additional hazards , the dhruv has not really done badly .

250+ Dhruv helicopters serve IA/IN/IAF/ICG & this is what you could come up with ?

231 built so far; and 20 accidents! A crash rate higher than any other modern helicopter. So I assumed that's the purpose it serves :what: may be HAL is competition with Mikoyan for the flying coffin title :laughcry:

231 built so far; and 20 accidents! A crash rate higher than any other helicopter. So I assumed that's the purpose it serves

You should look at the number of flight hours and where we operate these machines.

Back
Top Bottom