What's new

Dhaka may import gas from India

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Dhaka may import gas from India

Dhaka may import gas from India | Business | bdnews24.com

Tue, Oct 30th, 2012 3:18 pm BdST

Dhaka, Oct 30 (bdnews24.com)— Bangladesh may import gas from neighbouring India through Siliguri-Rangpur route to cope with the increasing gas crisis.

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Indian High Commissioner Pankaj Saran to Bangladesh discussed the possibility of gas import on Tuesday as the latter called on her at her office.

PM's Press Secretary Abul Kalam Azad briefed reporters about the issues discussed at the meeting.

About 250MW power could be imported from northeastern Indian state Meghalaya through Sylhet, Azad said.

The High Commissioner conveyed to Hasina Eid greetings from the Indian President and the Prime Minister.

The meeting also discussed touched upon issues like border demarcation in line with the Indira-Mujib treaty and implementation of the US $1-billion given to Bangladesh as credit.

Ambassador-at-Large M Ziauddin was also present during the call-on.

bdnews24.com/sum/eh/1512h

Not even a remote chance.

Too much produced inside the country already; no import is needed.

Not even a remote chance.

Too much produced inside the country already; no import is needed.

Exactly, india already gas starved and there is no chance of export. This is just a spin.

Timepass from politician...and apart from that my impression is that BD has good amount of oil and gas reserve. Is it not true?

It would be interesting if it happens.... Let's see if India allows. I am all for keeping our fossil fuel in reserve for future.

This is the joke of the day, My hometown Pehowa, Haryana is gas starved to the point where people have to appear early as 5 am to form a big line just so they can catch the truck full of propane offloading. It's sort of like a intelligence gather mission of people when they start calling their relatives when they see the tractor trailer of gas company passes anywhere near there roads. This is an embarrassment to see the Gas going to the neighbouring countries while our own people need it the most. My wedding is coming up in february and i already am working on bribing the local gas agency to reserve more than 18 cylinders of propane.:angry:

Believable. I mean did not India offer Pakistan electricity even though India is deficient and has power cuts? But seriously India can offer petroleum products as it has an excess refining capacity.

self delete

This is the joke of the day, My hometown Pehowa, Haryana is gas starved to the point where people have to appear early as 5 am to form a big line just so they can catch the truck full of propane offloading. It's sort of like a intelligence gather mission of people when they start calling their relatives when they see the tractor trailer of gas company passes anywhere near there roads. This is an embarrassment to see the Gas going to the neighbouring countries while our own people need it the most. My wedding is coming up in february and i already am working on bribing the local gas agency to reserve more than 18 cylinders of propane.:angry:

:lol:post of the day

What happened to your Shale gas project.
What about the Turkumanistan-Afg deal?

Shale gas project got struck due to enviromental issues as it creates much more pollution than normal gas extraction...

TAPI is still a pipe dream it'll take atleast 4-5 years if it actually happens...:undecided:

On topic -
I don't think we got much issues in export of Gas to BD as we aren't exporting it for free n we do have excess refinery capacity specially for exports n we do already export a lot petroleum products to many countries....:agree:

oh i feel for u mama :P

Gist of the story is India and awami League regime out to spread more propaganda lie and show indian bigger than it is.

why india always talks to export when its large population has no reach to resources itself. Stupidity on its best.

Back
Top Bottom