What's new

Developing Ties Between Pak, Russia, China, Iran & the CARS

why is india trying to outdo our best ally russia?

some people come out with weird stuff. Russia has loaned India a NUCLEAR submarine knowing that if ever used, it will be used on Pakistan.

Im sure Russia thinks highly of Pakistan

Not to mention a freaking fifth generation fighter. Their most sophisticated fighter jet yet.

It seems to me that Pakistanis are trying to drive a train through a peek hole. They are reading too much into Russian statements. Like they are part of some axis. That is simply silly.

We are seeing a configuration of our national interests, that is what is encouraging to Pakistani ears.

why is india trying to outdo our best ally russia?

some people come out with weird stuff. Russia has loaned India a NUCLEAR submarine knowing that if ever used, it will be used on Pakistan.

Im sure Russia thinks highly of Pakistan

That was then and now is different. Indian and Russian interests are diverging in different direction and there are and will have policy shift from Russia. India super dream does not go through Russia but on US and EU shoulder. And that indian shoulder shelter on US and EU directly conflicting with Russian interest. As I said before things are moving so quickly that indians can not make sense on reality. And its better that way......

It seems to me that Pakistanis are trying to drive a train through a peek hole. They are reading too much into Russian statements. Like they are part of some axis. That is simply silly.

Agree they are thinking way to much out of the box.

I agree, but that will not stop Russia from exploring ties with Pakistan that are in it's strategic interest, like I said it is not a zero-sum game.

Sure, its not a Zero sum game but there are definitely fractions involved. Honestly, Russia is better off with India as its friend than Pakistan. They know it as well, proof in the pudding would be the numerous defense co-developments both countries are pursuing. Compared to India, strategic interest of Russia w.r.t Pakistan is miniscule.

Sure, its not a Zero sum game but there are definitely fractions involved. Honestly, Russia is better off with India as its friend than Pakistan. They know it as well, proof in the pudding would be the numerous defense co-developments both countries are pursuing. Compared to India, strategic interest of Russia w.r.t Pakistan is miniscule.

Maybe minuscule at the moment, but their is growing interest by both sides in co-operation, and it is a good thing, indians should not feel insecure, they have a very good relationship with Russia, but Pakistan-Russian co-operation will continue and grow.

We are seeing a configuration of our national interests, that is what is encouraging to Pakistani ears.

Russia might use Pakistan as a pawn to annoy US but would you seriously think they would say lease a nuclear submarine for that? That would be absurd.

I will attempt to try clear the air. firstly two or three threads have been merged in this thread and each of the original threads concentrated on differnt prickly issues.

Agno is quite correct. The intentions of the potential partcipants is not agressive or against anyone. And on that I agree with him. However the reason security issues may come to the fore quicker is simply this. The americans favour an alternative which is not supported by anyone in the neighbourhood other than lukewarm support from india. Because of the massive economic benefits to american corporations if they do it it is not unreasonable and I think it likely that america will interfere as it has done in the past. the weak links which could be suseptible to attack or influence are iran and pakistan. Americans could launch a war against iran with the excuse that they cannot afford iran with nukes. I think pakistan is and has been destabalised by america deliberatly for this very purpose. Pakistan has no problem fighting terrorists with america at all. What pakistan has problems with is for example collusions by indian and americans in allowing several consulates in afghan, encourage indian investment etc in afghan. Oh and before you all say oh thats a deal between afghans and indians please lets be real, afghanistan has a puppet regime.

And here we come to vinods comments that it looks like an anti american/indian coalition- no that is not the intention, russia china iran and pakistan will be doing what is best for each of them America wants its corporations to come in and take a piece of the action, in this way america encourages India who will be given some crumbs off the table by playing balll with americans and also india hopes it will be protected against china/pakistan its percieved threat.

Let's wait and watch.

At this point this seems to be more hot air than reality.

Maybe minuscule at the moment, but their is growing interest by both sides in co-operation, and it is a good thing, indians should not feel insecure, they have a very good relationship with Russia, but Pakistan-Russian co-operation will continue and grow.

I know I sound arrogant but you are selling yourself too high. I mean you are over selling your importance to Russia. I pity nobody seems to recognize it.

Let's wait and watch.

At this point this seems to be more hot air than reality.

mate these pipelines take decades to complete, iran pak leg has already started. Honestly I dont think we should look at this as an anti indian thread. You never know in due course Indain govt may give up on american silk road cos its a no goer and join th rest of the neighbourhood, in fact the best thing for all would be india to resolve chinese/pak borders peacefully and join the group

Russia might use Pakistan as a pawn to annoy US but would you seriously think they would say lease a nuclear submarine for that? That would be absurd.

We will lease one from our brother if needs be, and by that logic US will use india as a pawn to annoy China. No there is a definite national interest for both Pakistan and Russia to improve relations.

I know I sound arrogant but you are selling yourself too high. I mean you are over selling your importance to Russia. I pity nobody seems to recognize it.

Is the point that its not pakistan too onerous for you. Russia or more to the point the incoming Putin is into the whole concept I mean pakistan might be just a small inconveniance to him and he may not like the pak chink in the chain. its the overall concept and benefits

You have a right to your opinion of course, but from the comments by the top leadership in both countries, there is growing co-operation - and China is pushing both countries to improve relations.

We will lease one from our brother if needs be, and by that logic US will use india as a pawn to annoy China. No there is a definite national interest for both Pakistan and Russia to improve relations.

What's with the national interests? How exactly is Pakistan important for Russia's national interests? Providing Pakistan with a fifth generation fighter jet would serve Russia's national interests? How? Except for hate America, there's nothing common in your relationship. And you are expecting too much from a country until few years ago your fellow countrymen were boasting themselves about splitting it.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

You have a right to your opinion of course, but from the comments by the top leadership in both countries, there is growing co-operation - and China is pushing both countries to improve relations.

I thank you for not coming out aggressive to my statements. I too agree that China would definitely pursue that line. But you see relationships are mostly give and take. From Russian perspective I can only see give and nothing to take. I would be happy if you could enlighten me otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom