What's new

Details emerge on India's mystery OSS project

It started much earlier. Credits goes to scientists of India not the Congress govt.

Credit should go to the government as also to the scientists. Scientists simply don't randomly start off on something.

Credit should go to the government as also to the scientists. Scientists simply don't randomly start off on something.

Actually the scientists are the ones that brought it to the gov'ts attention. They simply needed the approval of the Babas who didn't know shit back then. You clearly don't know how India worked back then especially.

Actually the scientists are the ones that brought it to the gov'ts attention. They simply needed the approval of the Babas who didn't know shit back then. You clearly don't know how India worked back then especially.

I disagree with what you think people at the top knew but they still needed to have the foresight to approve anything. For that, I give them credit.

I disagree with what you think people at the top knew but they still needed to have the foresight to approve anything. For that, I give them credit.

So you are actually crediting them for not blocking the scientists suggestions ? cool.

Foresight? They needed to be pushed, craddled and convinced to sign off on such projects back then! That's a fact....not an opinion. Their f-king foresight got in the way many times and slowed us down! For example, do you know how long it took Homi to convince that moron Nehru the importance of nuclear energy?

Think about this over and over again ...."People at the top"........those ppl at the top could include the likes of Laloo, Mayawati, Pawar Sharad, Mamata, Sonia, Rahul, etc. Not one of these fukkers have shown us any aptitude or ability. You wanna give credit? Then give credit where it is due, give credit to Modi for how he helped transform Modi with the help of scientists and advisors. You can clearly see the difference.

The nuclear programme was started under PV Narasimha Rao, by the congress ruled govt. Vajpayee did not know about the program until after he became PM.

the decision to carry it out was out of bounds of NS Rao. Quite simply, it needed balls as we were very well aware of the consequences. in this issue, the credit goes to Vajpayee ji.

the decision to carry it out was out of bounds of NS Rao. Quite simply, it needed balls as we were very well aware of the consequences. in this issue, the credit goes to Vajpayee ji.
That's not true. PVN would not have dared to initiate and implement such a colossal program in complete secrecy, and then not test it due to lack of balls.

The rest of the world would have sanctioned us if they got a whiff of it at any stage of our programme - not just after testing. Look at the history of other countries suspected of developing nukes - Iraq, Iran, Syria, Lybia, NK etc. They all had to face sanctions far more damaging that what we faced, not to mention airstrikes on their facilities.

The decision to press the button for the tests would always be with the PM of India - no matter who the PM happened to be, or from which party. If PVN was still in power, he definitely would have authorized the tests, having risked a lot to have a nuke development program.

That's not true. PVN would not have dared to initiate and implement such a colossal program in complete secrecy, and then not test it due to lack of balls.

The rest of the world would have sanctioned us if they got a whiff of it at any stage of our programme - not just after testing. Look at the history of other countries suspected of developing nukes - Iraq, Iran, Syria, Lybia, NK etc. They all had to face sanctions far more damaging that what we faced, not to mention airstrikes on their facilities.

The decision to press the button for the tests would always be with the PM of India - no matter who the PM happened to be, or from which party. If PVN was still in power, he definitely would have authorized the tests, having risked a lot to have a nuke development program.

off course, building it would have gotten us sanctioned. but doing that was easier as we have conducted tests before. it was expected. the whole covert world knew india had been researching a-bombs, but testing it means, coming out of the closet. that is a decision which i rreeally rreeaally doubt congress would have taken. thats not congress modus operandi.

i think my point here is that the decision to up the ante and matching it internally. that wasn't an easy thing to do. i don't ns rao, devegowda, gujral or anybody had the sense of purpose on this topic. research was going on, supercomputers were doing simulations based on theoritical parameters and we were all very happy with that till 1998. i think we should do at least 10-12 more tests from sub kt to a real mirv warhead test in particular.

i think we should do at least 10-12 more tests from sub kt to a real mirv warhead test in particular.
To do that, the country would have to renege on the self imposed moratorium of no further tests, put in place by the same Vajpayee govt.

To do that, the country would have to renege on the self imposed moratorium of no further tests, put in place by the same Vajpayee govt.

i'm asking the same. I'm all for it. a rock solid nuclear deterrence will be and is our best and everlasting defence against a long drawn out war. it needs to work when it might be needed to. we have to be sure of our capabilities.

buttt....now is not the time. maybe 6 years from now.

Back
Top Bottom