What's new

Desi combat chopper to begin production; Jaitley to inaugurate unit on Saturday

Awesome to all personal involved.

This is an awesome example of what we can achieve when we set sights.

the aircraft capabilities not even fully thrashed out and the preliminary design is already approved...

incredible india. Taxpayers monies gone

the aircraft capabilities not even fully thrashed out and the preliminary design is already approved...

incredible india. Taxpayers monies gone

Wat8.jpg

How am I being ridiculous? And I am very well aware of the dates. 10 is a very probable number. Still the roadmap makes sense.

India cannot build everything and cannot buy everything. There needs to be middle road. For rotor aircrafts, Indian plans seem sound enough.

Don't jump the gun by assuming things.

India has to be able to make at least 80% of its defence requirements in house in order to be called an independent global power. We have reached only 40%. That doesn't make us a power; it just makes us dependent on everyone else.

US also imports from its allies but it has enough critical technologies to survive on its own in the event of a political break-up between major NATO members and USA.

If that is to happen with us, we will be running pillar to post to even operate our equipment. At least the 60% that remains.

Let's not be jingoistic about this.

India currently imports:

1- Some raw materials like special grade defence metals.
2- Spares
3- Major maintenance services of defence equipment on prime suppliers.

These three are the most important things in the life-cycle of a product.

IMRH is supposed to be a work horse. Which means we need to be 100% self reliant at least in terms of the above three points.

If we want to do what we are supposed to be targetin i.e. influencer status, there are things which we will have to make ourselves and show that we are reliable as suppliers as well in the long run.

Disappointing order. It should be quadruple that number from the get go so that large factories can be built which drive down costs massively.

This tendency of piecemeal orders is exactly what leads us to not being ever able to make enough for our requirements let alone surplus exports. It also leads to high per unit costs which the armed forces cite to order foreign equipment.

This is a vicious circle. This wheel needs to be broken. This is a tendency in the Indian Navy as well which has stymied Indian yards from modernizing fast and creating gigantic lines.

@Abingdonboy

India has to be able to make at least 80% of its defence requirements in house in order to be called an independent global power. We have reached only 40%. That doesn't make us a power; it just makes us dependent on everyone else.

US also imports from its allies but it has enough critical technologies to survive on its own in the event of a political break-up between major NATO members and USA.

If that is to happen with us, we will be running pillar to post to even operate our equipment. At least the 60% that remains.

Let's not be jingoistic about this.

India currently imports:

1- Some raw materials like special grade defence metals.
2- Spares
3- Major maintenance services of defence equipment on prime suppliers.

These three are the most important things in the life-cycle of a product.

IMRH is supposed to be a work horse. Which means we need to be 100% self reliant at least in terms of the above three points.

If we want to do what we are supposed to be targetin i.e. influencer status, there are things which we will have to make ourselves and show that we are reliable as suppliers as well in the long run.

I think you are punching in the air.

What you posted is what I posted in one or 2 sentence. Anyways thanks.

Now I'm waiting for IA and IAF to come with a unique & retarded excuse and requesting unreasonable design changes (just like how IA wanted Arjun's weight to be brought down from 68 to 55tons after it's development) for keeping the order figures minimum and later they will release a foreign tender (for kickbacks and commissions) in need of light combat copters just like what happened with Arjun or Tejas

Lets see if these resident pesky cheerleaders able to point out the design flaw :D

apache-helicopter-nose-optics-and-sensors.jpg

Changhe_Z-10.jpg

ka-524.jpg

LCH_TDs_sml.jpg

Back
Top Bottom