What's new

Denmark refuses to apologise to China over coronavirus cartoon

IndoCarib

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
TELEMMGLPICT000222897498_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq7Cadr0IoOOfMS5GpRLWfGcR5hb-vAAgU4pIQbyUZocg.jpeg

A Danish newspaper refused to apologise to China on Tuesday over a satirical cartoon it ran about the deadly new virus that has killed dozens and infected thousands more, with the prime minister stepping in to defend freedom of speech.

The cartoon, published in Jyllands-Posten on Monday, depicted a Chinese flag with the yellow stars normally found in the upper left corner exchanged for drawings of the new coronavirus.

China's embassy in Denmark called the cartoon "an insult to China" that "hurts the feelings of the Chinese people".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/01/28/denmark-refuses-apologise-china-coronavirus-cartoon/

2005-Muslim countries go AWOL and nuts over the cartoon

2020- Chinese goes crazy and AWOL nuts over cartoon

@Indus Pakistan I guess the tables have turned and we might see more Sinophobic sentiments over 2 decades of really anti Middle Eastern sentiments laced as Islamophobia

TELEMMGLPICT000222897498_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq7Cadr0IoOOfMS5GpRLWfGcR5hb-vAAgU4pIQbyUZocg.jpeg

A Danish newspaper refused to apologise to China on Tuesday over a satirical cartoon it ran about the deadly new virus that has killed dozens and infected thousands more, with the prime minister stepping in to defend freedom of speech.

The cartoon, published in Jyllands-Posten on Monday, depicted a Chinese flag with the yellow stars normally found in the upper left corner exchanged for drawings of the new coronavirus.

China's embassy in Denmark called the cartoon "an insult to China" that "hurts the feelings of the Chinese people".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/01/28/denmark-refuses-apologise-china-coronavirus-cartoon/
That is not a new cartoon though. I'm sure I saw it before this weekend. Someone should sue for copyright breach.

This... This pettiness is exactly the reason commies are a joke. You can't armtwist a government for what it's Media publishes.

China : We condemn Denmark for the the cartoon.
Denmark: Buddy, chill, its not official. A random artist drew it on newspaper.
China : : confused : Wait a second. Government doesn't own and control the media in Denmark like we do?

TYE DANE LOSERS CAN ONLY DO ONE THING, MAKE CARTOONS OF EVERYTHING. i AM SURE THEY MAKE A CARTOON OF THEIR MOMS TOO, IF SHE ALREADY DOESNT LOOK LIKE A CARTOON.

Ffs Denmark and their cartoon controversies. Happiest country cos they love making fun of others i guess. Pathetic.

Danish are extremely racist just ask any non caucasian living in the land of Douchemark.

BAD DENMARK!!! no Chain and Shackles ...er...I mean Belt and Road Initiative money for you!!! :china:

Well it is American Dog Leash or Chinese shackles latter at least comes with investments where as former wants you to be their bitch.

Back
Top Bottom