What's new

Denial of Defense Equipment and Technology to Pakistan

dadeechi

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
If India could ensure the denial of defense equipment and technology to Pakistan, India would have succeeded in preventing a costly war that would otherwise impact its economic growth.

Time and again we have seen defense firms selling equipment to both India and Pakistan.

India has historically begged countries from declaring Pakistan as terrorist state (US) to stop Military exercises with Pakistan (Russia) and these requests have only fallen on deaf ears with zero results.

As they say charity begins at home. You cannot ask someone to do something which you yourself to not believe & follow.

India cannot ask US to declare Pakistan a terror state while it engages Pakistan in Sari and Biryani diplomacy.

India needs put its money where mouth is?

I would like to exhort India to modify DPP to include a clause that requires Vendors to pledge and give commitment that the company would not conduct Business with Pakistan through the life cycle of their product in Indian inventory. This should be a prerequisites for all defense deals and military exercises going forward.

India would surely lose some deals but should be a net gainer at the end.

Last edited:
Isolated pakistan can be dangerous too. Just imagine if put of desperation they start launching their only 'bragging right' aka nukes. then?

That would never happen as China would always supply to Pakistan and India would never buy from China.

Isolated pakistan can be dangerous too. Just imagine if out of desperation they start launching their only 'bragging right' aka nukes. then?

This is exactly the reason to procure S400 BMD, while working on indigenous AAD, AD1 AD2 and Barak8.

India currently operates S300 n PAD missile defense systems and very close to producing AAD for armed forces.

That will lead us to buy from almost every major seller significantly to make them ignore smaller request which will burn out big money.

Instead we should focus more on developing domestically and I guess we are in right direction. The focus should be to have better tech than our neighbors (both of them) instead of buying everything left and right. All what we need is a powerful army, effective one that will do the job, no need to fear another well equipped army. If you are better you will win, though it will make job little harder but you cant buy everything in world.

That will lead us to buy from almost every major seller significantly to make them ignore smaller request which will burn out big money.

Instead we should focus more on developing domestically and I guess we are in right direction. The focus should be to have better tech than our neighbors (both of them) instead of buying everything left and right. All what we need is a powerful army, effective one that will do the job, no need to fear another well equipped army. If you are better you will win, though it will make job little harder but you cant buy everything in world.

True. India cannot buy everything in the world but it needs to ensure that everything it buys retains its value over its life cycle.

It cannot be like India puts money for 300 SU-30 fighters while sukhoi turned around and sells 40 SU-35s to Pakistan.

These one way street relationships need to be modified to make them two way street relationships.

the world does not work the way Indians want it ... No one can declare a State " mother of Terrorism " including US or anyone .. every Single State is involved in Sponsoring and helping Rebels which are Terrorist for others .. so if we go by the Logic our Indian Friends want than India is also be declared a Terror state for Helping Mukti Bahani in 71 , US/Israel/KSA/Qatar for Helping Taliban Moderate Rebels in Syria which are Terrorist for Syrians and Russians ..

Indian Establishment is just acting Stupid and they are becoming a Laughing stock for the world .. i hope things will change but from the posts i read here, i don't think it happen anytime soon

@dadeechi am skeptical about Russia-pakistan relation or excercise or other.. but i find, the words you use mostly in favour of pakistan .. Like" Begged" ... there is a term calling diplomacy, US may be not declared pak as terrorist state.. that is due several reasons- their relation in past , the contacts .. even in su-35, though Russian ambassador and other officials denied Su-35.. you come to an agree with pak members-lile russia agreed to sell those birds by ignoring India.. selling such potential platforms is not that easy... States relation don't jump to that level just like that.. it will take years to decades..

How Will India convince China South Africa Turkey to Stop selling Defence Equipment and Technology to Pakistan??

Also Pakistan is Producing Many things under TOT
Let Alone South Africa and Turkey How will India Convince China to stop selling Defence Equipment and Technology to Pakistan?? India can't convince them for NSG and dream about this?? HILARIOUS

Never gonna happen... If you have the Money no country will say no to you

If India could ensure the denial of defense equipment and technology to Pakistan, India would have succeeded in preventing a costly war that would otherwise impact its economic growth.

Time and again we have seen defense firms selling equipment to both India and Pakistan.

India has historically begged countries from declaring Pakistan as terrorist state (US) to stop Military exercises with Pakistan (Russia) and these requests have only fallen on deaf ears with zero results.

As they say charity begins at home. You cannot ask someone to do something which you yourself to not believe & follow.

India cannot ask US to declare Pakistan a terror state while it engages Pakistan in Sari and Biryani diplomacy.

India needs put its money where mouth is?

I would like to exhort India to modify DPP to include a clause that requires Vendors to pledge and give commitment that the company would not conduct Business with Pakistan through the life cycle of their product in Indian inventory. This should be a prerequisites for all defense deals and military exercises going forward.

India would surely lose some deals but should be a net gainer at the end.
Well this practice will cost you guys extra exertion and may also cost you attention diversion. To make thing efficient, just dont buy weapons, and we will automatically be not buying any weapon. Just put your full attention, energy and money on your people welfare, and let us do the same.

@dadeechi am skeptical about Russia-pakistan relation or excercise or other.. but i find, the words you use mostly in favour of pakistan .. Like" Begged" ... there is a term calling diplomacy, US may be not declared pak as terrorist state.. that is due several reasons- their relation in past , the contacts .. even in su-35, though Russian ambassador and other officials denied Su-35.. you come to an agree with pak members-lile russia agreed to sell those birds by ignoring India.. selling such potential platforms is not that easy... States relation don't jump to that level just like that.. it will take years to decades..

We can sugar coat and say that it is diplomacy but at the of the day, The larger power "Orders" or "Demands" while the smaller power "Begs" or "Requests".

Russia has been selling RD-93 engines to Pakistan for almost a decade now.

How Will India convince China South Africa Turkey to Stop selling Defence Equipment and Technology to Pakistan??

Also Pakistan is Producing Many things under TOT
Let Alone South Africa and Turkey How will India Convince China to stop selling Defence Equipment and Technology to Pakistan?? India can't convince them for NSG and dream about this?? HILARIOUS

Never gonna happen... If you have the Money no country will say no to you

I think you missed the point that I was trying to make.

Neither would China stop selling to Pakistan nor India would buy something from China.

This clause would only be applicable for firms that wants to do business with both India and Pakistan.

This clause would force them to chose either between India or Pakistan.

Well this practice will cost you guys extra exertion and may also cost you attention diversion. To make thing efficient, just dont buy weapons, and we will automatically be not buying any weapon. Just put your full attention, energy and money on your people welfare, and let us do the same.

I hope that feasible but we are in cyclic loop.

China needs to confront US. India needs to confront China. Pakistan needs to confront India.

This never ending game continues..

India simply doesn't have the capability to deny us the military technology as long as we can pay for it. World doesn't work for India.

True. My point is that India needs to do Business only with the world that cares for India and should steer clear away from the world that does not care for Indian interests.

Either they are with India or against India.

Last edited:
Sounds like a perfect self isolation strategy, i can't say no to that.

True. My point is that India needs to do Business only with the world that cares for India and should steer clear from the world that does not care for Indian interests.

Either they are with India or against India.

Sounds like a perfect self isolation strategy, i can't say no to that.

It is better to live in the reality of an isolated world rather than living in fictitious world with full of allies indulging in duplicity.

Back
Top Bottom