What's new

Democracy, can it ever grow here?

truthseer

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Democracy is a system of government that is in vogue in most parts of the world, and even in Pakistan. However, there are many, many people who are against it in this country. Foremost among them is Mr.Zaid Hamid, a supposed patriot who seems to be either blatantly stupid or a very cunning man.

Let us see and analyze one of his quotes, which sadly, reflects the mindset of the people here.

"Democracy is Shirk"

Firstly, let us analyze what Shirk is in the first place. Shirk is to associate anyone or to associate any property of the Almighty ALLAH with a person, thing or an object. Now the people who say this believe that by allowing a set of people to rule over us, by the choice of the people and pass legislation, we are associating the properties of ALLAh with them (Astaghfirullah). However, this is simply not true. Firstly, ALLAH has allowed us the systems of Qiyas and Ijma. While Qiyas depends on analogy with the Quran, what about Ijma? As long as something is not forbidden in Islam, or explicity allowed, the scholars are allowed to pass judgement.

If we apply the same definition, then should this also not be Shirk? But of course, it is not. This is because we do not take these Lawmakers as ALLAH, and we have no reason to. It is utterly ridiculous to believe otherwise.

Yet, sadly most people here are misled by the nonsense fed to them by pseudo-intellectuals, which brings us to the main topic. Can democracy ever flourish here? Or is doomed to fail?

Personally speaking, Democracy has Dictatorship beat. Many times, you will hear people asking, "Is dictatorship better than a weak democracy?" Such is its power that one doesn't think the other way around. A strong democracy is much better than a strong dictatorship? So should we not bear with the weak one we have now until it flourishes? Let us suppose PML-N wins the elections this time. The next time, if no military takeover takes place, the Awaam will know that both the major parties are complete failures and they shall not vote blindly.

So far, this has been prevented by takeovers. 10 years of democracy could, I am sure, lead to the Awaam finally being able to stand up and think for itself. Is that not what would make it a success?

What is needed?
There are many things that are needed. Firstly, we need the army to not take over again. Kiyani has done a fabulous job in this regard, and has shown patience with democracy, not taking over the government despite huge pressure.

Further, we require our media to show some support to the system instead of whinging on and on about small issues. These issues will gradually disappear as democracy gets further influence. The people can then change the system

So what do you think? Indians, Pakistanis alike, can democracy grow here? It should, it definitely should but will it?

Tagging a few non-troll people here: @Aeronaut @Leader @HYPOKRAIT @Marshmallow @Talon (This will get you out of Naswaristan :) ) @Awesome

(Finally out of Naswaristan, nice new tag name for KRAIT too)

Last edited by a moderator:
What is seriously needed is that we need to UN BRAINWASH people who believe ONLY mullahs can understand QURAN

And people should be thought to read the Quran, use their decoration pieces known as brains and learn to think for themselves....Because Islam is for everyone...Not the elite ONLY not the Mullahs ONLY....

Next we need to educate people into differentiating what is CULTURAL and what is REALLY religious...This way hopefully there will be less sects forming...

Next we need to get the youths together and knock some sense into them...sense of responsibilities and understanding which comes with tolerance!

Along all this help reduce poverty, improve the industrial sector and reduce the inflation by reducing corrupt idiots who hoard the stocks and cause fluctuations in prices!

I dont know much about politics nor do I know about Economy....I am just someone who wants change and will try NEW routes (since so far all the old ones have led to hell)...

As for democracy being shirkh...No idea where these people pull rubbish like that from...

Democracy is a form of government in which all eligible citizens have an equal say in the decisions that affect their lives.

However NO ONE can give equal say to everyone...So far in democratic nations all the protest and what not has shown NO results...hence, I do believe it is a myth

What is seriously needed is that we need to UN BRAINWASH people who believe ONLY mullahs can understand QURAN

And people should be thought to read the Quran, use their decoration pieces known as brains and learn to think for themselves....Because Islam is for everyone...Not the elite ONLY not the Mullahs ONLY....

Next we need to educate people into differentiating what is CULTURAL and what is REALLY religious...This way hopefully there will be less sects forming...

Next we need to get the youths together and knock some sense into them...sense of responsibilities and understanding which comes with tolerance!

Along all this help reduce poverty, improve the industrial sector and reduce the inflation by reducing corrupt idiots who hoard the stocks and cause fluctuations in prices!

I dont know much about politics nor do I know about Economy....I am just someone who wants change and will try NEW routes (since so far all the old ones have led to hell)...

As for democracy being shirkh...No idea where these people pull rubbish like that from...

However NO ONE can give equal say to everyone...So far in democratic nations all the protest and what not has shown NO results...hence, I do believe it is a myth

Exactly, we need to make sure that TRANSLATED Qurans are available to the majority so they can read and understand it themselves.

A/C to PPP themselves, only 3% of people pay taxes. That's a ridiculously low number, and one of the reasons for the ailing economy

Exactly, we need to make sure that TRANSLATED Qurans are available to the majority so they can read and understand it themselves.

A/C to PPP themselves, only 3% of people pay taxes. That's a ridiculously low number, and one of the reasons for the ailing economy

The country is seriously running backwards...They have less taxes on luxury and more taxes on normal everyday stuff!!!

The country is seriously running backwards...They have less taxes on luxury and more taxes on normal everyday stuff!!!

Big chains get the customers to pay the income tax for them separately

If you are impatient & want instant results, then it's not the one for you. Be patient & give it a chance for the self correcting mechanism to evolve... It may work wonders!

Any system does not work in Pakistan....then how come Democracy system will work? :D

Any system does not work in Pakistan....then how come Democracy system will work? :D

Wasn't a Swiss woman raped a few days ago in a certain shining country?

I can troll too, so kindly get out of the thread

I read the title and then i lol'ed :rofl:

Yeah, you won't be laughing when this democracy gets stronger and helps the economy grow and then we'll be better than India :D

BJP sucks, Kalam is a terrorist, like Bhagat Singh

Wasn't a Swiss woman raped a few days ago in a certain shining country?

I can troll too, so kindly get out of the thread

So you did not troll till now....:omghaha:

Yeah, you won't be laughing when this democracy gets stronger and helps the economy grow and then we'll be better than India :D

BJP sucks, Kalam is a terrorist, like Bhagat Singh

Yes we would not be laughing then.........but we can laugh now:omghaha:

BJP sucks for you then we should vote for BJP only....:omghaha:

I dont read Zaid Hamid. he is nonsense...

Democracy is the only way forward...

The Wahabis are against democracy by accusing it to be the rule of Satan. However, when one reads the Quran, its code and idioms, we find out that democracy is very much a part of the Islamic faith, commandments, values, culture, and society.

But then there are idiots like Sufi Mohammed from Swat who is also an unbending enemy of democracy, which he has always seen as a system "that was forced upon us by the infidels." During his tours through the Swat Valley, he stressed that "True Islam permits neither elections nor democracy."

Unless these bigots and self styled God-men are incarcerated and sent packing, these fringe groups led by them will always try and disrupt democracy by whatever means so that they can maintain their power over the gullible.

I am a true damocrat, as long as the process is clean and for real. I am against, dynistic, shareef, shaheed, muk muka, NRO type of democracy.

I am a true damocrat, as long as the process is clean and for real. I am against, dynistic, shareef, shaheed, muk muka, NRO type of democracy.

Such cheap things will happen in the beginning but after some maturity, this will stop. And that's what's needed, a true democracy can be highly beneficial

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom