Not open for further replies.

favabeans

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
China
Delhi’s unknown Nirbhaya - Yahoo News India

Delhi’s unknown Nirbhaya
NEW DELHI: Her terrible gang rape and fiendish murder didn’t spark raging protests in the Capital. No laws were amended because of what she went through. Nobody gave her a name, or instituted a public fund in its memory.

This 19-year-old was no Nirbhaya but the horror she went through was as bad, if not worse.

And it all happened almost a year before the travesty of December 16, 2012 that consumed the nation.

We’re not going to give her a name, but this is her story. The father didn’t want her named or picture published, and we have taken due care, blurring out the picture on the wall in his own masked photograph.

This horror began in Outer Delhi on the evening of February 9, 2012; the brutalised remains were found in a field in Rewari, Haryana, four days later. She was returning home after a day of work in her Cybercity, Gurgaon office. Talking with three other woman colleagues as they approached their homes in Qutub Vihar Phase II near Chhawla village in the Najafgarh area, she could have had no idea of the evil that was about to take her in its grip.

A red Indica car pulled over sharply. There were three men in it, and their intentions were clearly hostile. Her colleagues panicked, but she rebuked the men, telling them in no uncertain terms to leave. The three men, all in their 20s, dragged her into their car and sped away.

For the next three days, they raped her in mustard fields they drove her to. Through these three days, they constantly beat her up, burnt her with cigarette butts, mutilated her eyes and face with screwdrivers, inserted a broken liquor bottle in her private parts, poured acid over her eyes and her face, and finally left her to die.

Abduction

Death must have been a welcome release, but it can’t be said how long her suffering lasted. In any case, the terribly mutilated body was discovered by the police on the fourth day after the abduction.

There’s no pointing out the worst part of such a horror story, but one of those certainly is the fact that justice has not been served in the case. Sunday, February 9, will mark exactly two years since this ghastly incident. Her family hasn’t given up trying though.

“I was in Agra attending to an ailing relative when one of my neighbours called me to inform that my daughter had been abducted by three men. She was just a few metres away from our home when this happened.

She and her friends had been dropped off by a bus around 8.30 pm.

From there they were walking towards home. I rushed to Delhi,” said Ashok Kumar ( name changed), the victim’s father.

“Once I reached Delhi, I witnessed absolute police apathy.

The neighbours had called the police and asked them to follow the car. The cops however, stood there and said we must get them a car first and then they would follow,” Kumar said.

The neighbours then got together and staged a protest to exert pressure on the cops. Even then, it took them three days to nab the accused— Rahul, Vinod and Ravi. All were residents of the same locality and had just been released from Tihar after doing time in connection with a robbery case.

The case hasn’t been fast- tracked; it has been transferred from one court to another three times already. The verdict is expected on February 13. “ The police came two hours late and then asked for conveyance and a mobile phone,” the father said.

“The police also found paper plates, munchies and beer bottles at the spot of the crime, which showed that the girl was alive as they kept her captive and raped her repeatedly in the open,” said Anita Gupta, a social worker who is helping the family in the court case.

Bringing her up as a strong independent girl, it was Ashok Kumar’s dream that she study further. She was studying for a B. A. degree by correspondence from Guru Gobind Singh University, and was to enroll herself in second year. “I have still kept her books and notes with me intact. I had personally gone to submit her draft for her admission few days before the incident happened,” he said.

Ashok Kumar was a peon; he’s had to give up his job in order to deal with the case. He comes to Jantar Mantar every day to light lamps in memory of his daughter.

“Then chief minister Sheila Dikshit gave Rs 1 lakh compensation.

It’s simply not enough,” said Gupta.

Some one has lost his ' beans'.

^^ I think they're the same person. Beans give people massive airpower.

Why are you laughing at the plight of a hapless 19 year old girl? Is this what your family & social values teach you? Do you think you are any better than those rapists? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Why are you laughing at the plight of a hapless 19 year old girl? Is this what your family & social values teach you? Do you think you are any better than those rapists? You should be ashamed of yourself.

What makes you think that i'm laughing the 19 year old girl ?

I'm laughing at your judiciary.

Delhi’s unknown Nirbhaya - Yahoo News India

Delhi’s unknown Nirbhaya
NEW DELHI: Her terrible gang rape and fiendish murder didn’t spark raging protests in the Capital. No laws were amended because of what she went through. Nobody gave her a name, or instituted a public fund in its memory.

This 19-year-old was no Nirbhaya but the horror she went through was as bad, if not worse.

And it all happened almost a year before the travesty of December 16, 2012 that consumed the nation.

We’re not going to give her a name, but this is her story. The father didn’t want her named or picture published, and we have taken due care, blurring out the picture on the wall in his own masked photograph.

This horror began in Outer Delhi on the evening of February 9, 2012; the brutalised remains were found in a field in Rewari, Haryana, four days later. She was returning home after a day of work in her Cybercity, Gurgaon office. Talking with three other woman colleagues as they approached their homes in Qutub Vihar Phase II near Chhawla village in the Najafgarh area, she could have had no idea of the evil that was about to take her in its grip.

A red Indica car pulled over sharply. There were three men in it, and their intentions were clearly hostile. Her colleagues panicked, but she rebuked the men, telling them in no uncertain terms to leave. The three men, all in their 20s, dragged her into their car and sped away.

For the next three days, they raped her in mustard fields they drove her to. Through these three days, they constantly beat her up, burnt her with cigarette butts, mutilated her eyes and face with screwdrivers, inserted a broken liquor bottle in her private parts, poured acid over her eyes and her face, and finally left her to die.

Abduction

Death must have been a welcome release, but it can’t be said how long her suffering lasted. In any case, the terribly mutilated body was discovered by the police on the fourth day after the abduction.

There’s no pointing out the worst part of such a horror story, but one of those certainly is the fact that justice has not been served in the case. Sunday, February 9, will mark exactly two years since this ghastly incident. Her family hasn’t given up trying though.

“I was in Agra attending to an ailing relative when one of my neighbours called me to inform that my daughter had been abducted by three men. She was just a few metres away from our home when this happened.

She and her friends had been dropped off by a bus around 8.30 pm.

From there they were walking towards home. I rushed to Delhi,” said Ashok Kumar ( name changed), the victim’s father.

“Once I reached Delhi, I witnessed absolute police apathy.

The neighbours had called the police and asked them to follow the car. The cops however, stood there and said we must get them a car first and then they would follow,” Kumar said.

The neighbours then got together and staged a protest to exert pressure on the cops. Even then, it took them three days to nab the accused— Rahul, Vinod and Ravi. All were residents of the same locality and had just been released from Tihar after doing time in connection with a robbery case.

The case hasn’t been fast- tracked; it has been transferred from one court to another three times already. The verdict is expected on February 13. “ The police came two hours late and then asked for conveyance and a mobile phone,” the father said.

“The police also found paper plates, munchies and beer bottles at the spot of the crime, which showed that the girl was alive as they kept her captive and raped her repeatedly in the open,” said Anita Gupta, a social worker who is helping the family in the court case.

Bringing her up as a strong independent girl, it was Ashok Kumar’s dream that she study further. She was studying for a B. A. degree by correspondence from Guru Gobind Singh University, and was to enroll herself in second year. “I have still kept her books and notes with me intact. I had personally gone to submit her draft for her admission few days before the incident happened,” he said.

Ashok Kumar was a peon; he’s had to give up his job in order to deal with the case. He comes to Jantar Mantar every day to light lamps in memory of his daughter.

“Then chief minister Sheila Dikshit gave Rs 1 lakh compensation.

It’s simply not enough,” said Gupta.

This is a menace of the whole world, India still fortunate enough to have much less such incidences compared to most part of the world, your country China also has similar issues, a bit more than India, in fact child abuse is more prominent in China. Do you want me to post 10-15 such news from China, so that we can understand and discuss the problem and its solutions in details?

What makes you think that i'm laughing the 19 year old girl ?

I'm laughing at your judiciary.

Well, it is far better than Sri Lankan judiciary, can we post some articles on such incidents in Sri Lanka and failure of its judiciary to ensure justice to the victims? Then we can discuss it in details. We can start with war crimes and gang rapes by your men in uniforms.

This is a menace of the whole world, India still fortunate enough to have much less such incidences compared to most part of the world, your country China also has similar issues, a bit more than India, in fact child abuse is more prominent in China. Do you want me to post 10-15 such news from China, so that we can understand and discuss the problem and its solutions in details?

Well, it is far better than Sri Lankan judiciary, can we post some articles on such incidents in Sri Lanka and failure of its judiciary to ensure justice to the victims? Then we can discuss it in details. We can start with war crimes and gang rapes by your men in uniforms.

check out your judiciary at its finest.

indian Kangaroo indian court sends man to jail for rape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom