What's new

Delhi's IGI airport gets world's second best airport award

More specifically Indian History.... As long as I remember ,he is hell bent on proving India as an artificial country made by British. No amount of explanation will convince him otherwise.

Apparently yes, Phake Indian historian :omghaha:

Why should they worry about scams? bjp'S internal politics alone will kill them.

NO :offpost: :astagh: Indian Airports....:cheers:

dsc02497p.jpg

THANK YOU CONGRESS FOR GIVING US GREAT DEALS, BARGAINS etc. AT IGI + ELEPHANT SHAPED STATUE + WATER FOUNTAIN ON THE FRONT!!!

Oh I think too...handddsss daawwnnnn

But why are many Indians pushing for the Modi guy. And some Chinese members like him too. Though I don't know much about him, I read that he instigated communal riots.

More specifically Indian History.... As long as I remember ,he is hell bent on proving India as an artificial country made by British. No amount of explanation will convince him otherwise.

All countries are artificial. Its just that India begins as a country during British colonialism. And you are right, I am a historian. So that is where I contribute to the forum the most. I cut through the crap of propaganda in history and instead present the facts, in this case, facts about India so you would know the truth.

All countries are artificial. Its just that India begins as a country during British colonialism. And you are right, I am a historian. So that is where I contribute to the forum the most. I cut through the crap of propaganda in history and instead present the facts, in this case, facts about India so you would know the truth.

Then just obsess with your own artificial country.

Else you will get a finger, you know where.

Seems you rather prefer that. ;)

He is a buffoon 50 cents army new recruit.

Pretty raw and pathetic.

And victim of the centuries of humiliation.

That he is in a great hurry to avenge on the net while earning his daily noodles. ;)

Then just obsess with your own artificial country.

Else you will get a finger, you know where.

Seems you rather prefer that. ;)

If you want to insult and get banned, its your prerogative. I'm here to share facts about with you and its up to you to reject this fact and go with illusion.

Pretty raw and pathetic.

That he is in a great hurry to avenge on the net while earning his daily noodles. ;)

That would be India, 1000 years of humiliation. And still won't accept the facts about your country.

If you want to insult and get banned, its your prerogative. I'm here to share facts about with you and its up to you to reject this fact and go with illusion.

You have a rather grand opinion about yourself.

The reality is this:

Pretty raw and pathetic.

Delhi airport flooded, passengers wade through knee deep water

Delhiairport_rain_295.jpg

New Delhi: Incessant heavy rains today led to water-logging at the Indira Gandhi Airport (IGI) airport in New Delhi, causing inconvenience to passengers who waded through knee deep water while the baggage handling system was left crippled.

The monsoon arrived in Delhi today a fortnight ahead of schedule, with the national capital recording around 36.6 mm rainfall. But the airport witnessed an "unprecedented" rainfall of 117.8 mm in four and half hours, between 1 PM and 5.30 PM.

The airport experienced 62.8 mm of rains between 1 PM and 2.30 PM and 55 mm between 2.30 PM and 5.30 PM.

The amount of rain water, combined with poor drainage in the surrounding area and topography of airport led to back flow of water towards the Terminal 3 of the airport.

"Incessant rains, poor drainage system in surrounding area and comparative low elevation of the airport led to back flow of water, which led to flooding at terminal area," an airport official said.

Services at the domestic arrivals were the most affected due to flooding which forced the airport authorities to close the functioning of four baggage belts, causing inconvenience to passengers.

According to sources, there was knee deep water near the exit of Airport Express Metro and passengers had to wade through it to reach the terminal.

Earlier, the airport had witnessed similar incident of flooding in September 2011, when airport area received 115.6 mm of rains in just 75 minutes, between 2.30 PM and 3.45 PM.

As the water entered the terminal building, the airport operator Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) pressed emergency workers into action to drain the water out of the terminal.

"The rain water had entered in international and domestic arrival halls. The waterlogging affected normal passengers movement," a source said

"There was heavy waterlogging between 2-5 PM inside the arrival halls of the airport," the source said.

The situation was brought under control only late in the evening.

Sources said that DIAL had written to civic agencies like PWD and municipal body for providing adequate drainage in the surrounding areas but the work started late and airport had to face such a situation.

gallery1.jpg

gallery2.jpg

gallery3.jpg

gallery4.jpg

http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/...ee-deep-water-380351?pfrom=home-lateststories

This is our 2nd best airport.:hitwall::hitwall:

Delhi airport flooded, passengers wade through knee deep water

Delhiairport_rain_295.jpg

New Delhi: Incessant heavy rains today led to water-logging at the Indira Gandhi Airport (IGI) airport in New Delhi, causing inconvenience to passengers who waded through knee deep water while the baggage handling system was left crippled.

The monsoon arrived in Delhi today a fortnight ahead of schedule, with the national capital recording around 36.6 mm rainfall. But the airport witnessed an "unprecedented" rainfall of 117.8 mm in four and half hours, between 1 PM and 5.30 PM.

The airport experienced 62.8 mm of rains between 1 PM and 2.30 PM and 55 mm between 2.30 PM and 5.30 PM.

The amount of rain water, combined with poor drainage in the surrounding area and topography of airport led to back flow of water towards the Terminal 3 of the airport.

"Incessant rains, poor drainage system in surrounding area and comparative low elevation of the airport led to back flow of water, which led to flooding at terminal area," an airport official said.

Services at the domestic arrivals were the most affected due to flooding which forced the airport authorities to close the functioning of four baggage belts, causing inconvenience to passengers.

According to sources, there was knee deep water near the exit of Airport Express Metro and passengers had to wade through it to reach the terminal.

Earlier, the airport had witnessed similar incident of flooding in September 2011, when airport area received 115.6 mm of rains in just 75 minutes, between 2.30 PM and 3.45 PM.

As the water entered the terminal building, the airport operator Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) pressed emergency workers into action to drain the water out of the terminal.

"The rain water had entered in international and domestic arrival halls. The waterlogging affected normal passengers movement," a source said

"There was heavy waterlogging between 2-5 PM inside the arrival halls of the airport," the source said.

The situation was brought under control only late in the evening.

Sources said that DIAL had written to civic agencies like PWD and municipal body for providing adequate drainage in the surrounding areas but the work started late and airport had to face such a situation.

gallery1.jpg

gallery2.jpg

gallery3.jpg

gallery4.jpg

This is our 2nd best airport.:hitwall::hitwall:
$H!T happens- what more can anyone say? These are freak incidents, no one can do much to prevent them. Every airport has such issues from time to time- look at the UK, even Heathrow which is said to be one of the best in the world shuts every single bloody year due to pathetically minimal amounts of snow that the airport authorities are not able to cope with.

Mother nature trumps all. I don't really know what your complaining about- the rain?

$H!T happens- what more can anyone say? These are freak incidents, no one can do much to prevent them. Every airport has such issues from time to time- look at the UK, even Heathrow which is said to be one of the best in the world shuts every single bloody year due to pathetically minimal amounts of snow that the airport authorities are not able to cope with.

Mother nature trumps all. I don't really know what your complaining about- the rain?

No, drainage system.

t3-398_063011081147.jpg

Back
Top Bottom