What's new

Delhi's IGI airport gets world's second best airport award

No, drainage system.

t3-398_063011081147.jpg

They have it but for freak cloudbursts like this it is clearly inadequate. I'm sure this multi-multi billion dollar airport will learn its lessons going forward.

They have it but for freak cloudbursts like this it is clearly inadequate. I'm sure this multi-multi billion dollar airport will learn its lessons going forward.

I am not complaining about rain water in road or outside but inside the terminal. Look at the above pic. Water is inside the terminal.

I am not complaining about rain water in road or outside but inside the terminal. Look at the above pic. Water is inside the terminal.

Like I said- a freak cloud burst. I'm sure they'll address these issues. It is privately owned- they're not going to want such things to happen again.

$H!T happens- what more can anyone say? These are freak incidents, no one can do much to prevent them. Every airport has such issues from time to time- look at the UK, even Heathrow which is said to be one of the best in the world shuts every single bloody year due to pathetically minimal amounts of snow that the airport authorities are not able to cope with.

Mother nature trumps all. I don't really know what your complaining about- the rain?

This all prove that you can build something plush and elegant, but the building still stands in India

How nice. Clearly the best airports in the Indian Subcontinent are from India herself.

THANK YOU KONGRESS FOR ONLY LOOTING A FEW 100 MILLIONS $ FROM THIS PROJECT, OTHERWISE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN AT 10TH PLACE, INSTEAD AT 2!!!

New Delhi needs to fix dust problem.

Couldn't agree more. The quality of construction is excellent but the last time when I was there in Dec-Jan dust was a major problem that I noticed. They must find a way to solve this problem.

But congress also have its own sets of problems, isn't it. who is the congress candidate for PM?

Will ultimately be PC Chidambaram. The reason why they rally around the Gandhis is to avoid leadership battles. They went through that in the 1990s and paid a very heavy price for it. The formula is that the Gandhis remain at the titular top to avoid factionalism while key people get positions. It's actually a very effective solution no matter how you hate it- look at what's happening to BJP now.

But why are many Indians pushing for the Modi guy. And some Chinese members like him too. Though I don't know much about him, I read that he instigated communal riots.

All countries are artificial. Its just that India begins as a country during British colonialism. And you are right, I am a historian. So that is where I contribute to the forum the most. I cut through the crap of propaganda in history and instead present the facts, in this case, facts about India so you would know the truth.

Because he is one of the most efficient, charismatic, pragmatic and hard working leaders on the planet today. But that doesn't matter. He's a rioter so he doesn't deserve to be PM.
India's history doesn't start with British colonialism. Under the mauryas majority of the landmass was in one country. Plus british never ruled all India- there were a number of other kingdoms and the brits were 'paramount' powers in the region, not THE power. In that view, it was Indians, after the british left, who welded all these lands by either asking for accession or invading them and created modern India.

Np. You can come and drain the water.

We will pay you $1 per shift. Double the current pay.

And a more honorable job.

Be a bit more considerate...let's pay him $2.5 :D

This all prove that you can build something plush and elegant, but the building still stands in India

you still had the b@lls to come here??:omghaha:

The drainage problem is with the areas surrounding the terminal I suppose

Back
Top Bottom