What's new

Delhi: The city of djinns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice article about my city :P

Anyway, why is Delhi called the city of djinns ? Can somebody please explain ? I think Dalrymple wrote a book on this as well.
well old delhi specialli the kotla area & purana qilla are said to be inhabitted by jinns and old delites of sheher/shahjahanbad still beleave in it specialli the muslims have heared stories that there are a few pockets of them in BK road , CP & Raisina hill area

50% of urban Pakistan lives in slums and exist in absolute poverty - no idea why he was surprised by the divide.

Are you fcuking kidding me? 50% seriously? have you ever been to Pakistan? Look at this

mumbai is better than delhi :whistle:

Delhi is improving on both socio-economic fronts .

truly%20-%20lotus%20temple.jpg

215_Para_Akshardham%20temple.jpg

Connaught-place-delhi.jpg

still long way to go.

NO NEED FOR COMPARISON.

I don't have an issue if this gives Indians some moral boosting :) since I visited dehli airport few years ago and I find it different if the improvement took place that is a good thing.

However India which is one of the some biggest slum dwellers countries, if Indians come up with taunts about Pakistan its funny that they don't see Indian slums that too much higher than Pakistan.

And indian poverty we all know about it

Better than yours...:lol:

08-08-2013%20Analysis%20Slums%20in%20Pakistan%20Picture%201.jpg

I don't have an issue if this gives Indians some moral boosting :) since I visited delhi airport few years ago and I find it different if the improvement took place that is a good thing.

However India which is one of the some biggest slum dwellers countries, if Indians come up with taunts about Pakistan its funny that they don't see Indian slums that too much higher than Pakistan.

And indian poverty we all know about it

i thought orangi is biggest :pakistan:

Its a pity to see two countries Iraq and Zimbabwe actually increasing their slum population, a bad state of affairs from two fairly prosperous countries in the past.

On the topic; I find Delhi pretty and (in my opinion) a bit provincial with its own charm. In a way I would compare it to Lahore but that's just my opinion. I met some of the friendliest people in both cities hence the personal comparison :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom