What's new

Delhi has most polluted air in the world: WHO report

While China has severe ecological problems, they are also heavily investing in green technologies & building up their industries.
Does India the same?

Of course this is expected. Every winter Punjab burns it's fields, where do you think that smoke goes?

Not surprising..... this is not the priority for most people during elections.

So I am not expecting any changes. But the ones who will pay for it, are the people of Delhi.

Of course this is expected. Every winter Punjab burns it's fields, where do you think that smoke goes?
excellent point..........although it has been termed illegal but ppl continue to do it

India's biggest cause of pollution is coal run power plants .. traces of which are even found on Karakorum range .. BTW .. Beijing is also hell polluted.. when i came here in the first week I had skin infection.. use of mask is a must when you go out..

Capital should be like Islamabad :D
Isloo is very very clean.
Karachi is fucked and so is Lahore ( not compared to Khi but its getting there ).

Not completely true Islamabad has it's own demons hidden in it's closets.
Please be informed that Islamabad is one of the worlds worst pollen hit city, thanks to mulberry plantation in 70/ 80s.

I do live in shanghai and find too many people with throat infections. Most of the time of the year sky is grey not blue as in Delhi.
This was Shanghai in Dec'13.. when The city’s PM2.5 density surged past 600 micrograms per cubic meter
020131207013201.jpg

Delhi being in arid zone have more dust than Shanghai and major cause of high count of suspended particles and it's worsened by excessive usage of Diesel vehicles.

Last edited:
Not completely true Islamabad has it's own demons hidden in it's closets.
Please be informed that Islamabad is one of the worlds worst pollen hit city, thanks to mulberry plantation in 70/ 80s.

I do live in shanghai and find too many people with throat infections. Most of the time of the year sky is grey not blue as in Delhi.

Delhi being in arid zone have more dust than Shanghai and major cause of high count of suspended particles and it's worsened by excessive usage of Diesel vehicles.

yes i agree about the pollen part in Islamabad.

India's biggest cause of pollution is coal run power plants .. traces of which are even found on Karakorum range .. BTW .. Beijing is also hell polluted.. when i came here in the first week I had skin infection.. use of mask is a must when you go out..

there is no alternative to coal in near future at least,,,,,we have to find ways of removing toxic gases

Back
Top Bottom