Tata-at-DEFEXPO-India-2014-27.jpg

Tata-at-DEFEXPO-India-2014-29.jpg

Tata-at-DEFEXPO-India-2014-37.jpg

Tata-at-DEFEXPO-India-2014-38.jpg

Tata-at-DEFEXPO-India-2014-40.jpg

what is this ...?

Tata Defexpo 2014 in photos: HorizoNEXT, Power SED Advanced Systems | Rush Lane

Last edited:

Great work, big thanks! Were you able to talk to somebody at Samtel about the Rafale deal or the MKI upgrade and their participation?

Air Defence system from TATA .

JV between TATA and South korean Doosan

Tata-at-DEFEXPO-India-2014-14.jpg

Interesting and strange at the same time, why would Doosan have a seperate JV with TATA, while they already teamed up with L&T on the FICV? Similarly, why would TATA team up with Doosan for an air defence system, when they already had a JV with Rheinmetall in that regard (another hint that their JV's with Rheinmetall have ended)?

Can a light vehicle like this really deal with the kind of forces arty firing inflicts? Especially over a prolonged period of time.

And I wonder why they mounted this on a HUMVEE of all vehicles........
It makes sense when you want to use it in mountainous terrain (guess North-East). This is what they have to say...
With a weight of less than one ton, the Garuda-105 can be easily mounted on light all-terrain tactical vehicle to offer maneuverability in mountainous terrain.
The Garuda-105 mounted on mobile platform will be a superior alternative to existing weapon systems such as the 106mm Recoilless Rifle, 120mm Mortar, and other 105mm artillery systems due to its low cost precision strike capability.

KOLKATA+2.jpg

It makes sense when you want to use it in mountainous terrain (guess North-East). This is what they have to say...
I get the methodology behind it, but is it really viable? Can such light vehicles really withstand the extreme forces firing of a 105mm gun inflicts over a period of time?

KOLKATA+2.jpg

I get the methodology behind it, but is it really viable? Can such light vehicles really withstand the extreme forces firing of a 105mm gun inflicts over a period of time?
You have a point there, but don't you think when the shelling begins, these vehicles will be able to change their positions fast enough.

You have a point there, but don't you think when the shelling begins, these vehicles will be able to change their positions fast enough.
Indeed, for "scoot and shoot" operations they are very good but, again, I have doubts whether these tiny (relatively) vehicles can stand up to the forces such firing of an arty gun will inflict. I mean the suspension at the least is going to take a battering and I don't know if it possible to fully overcome these issues especially not if you're engaging in the high-tempo training/operations the IA conducts with its arty.

Indeed, for "scoot and shoot" operations they are very good but, again, I have doubts whether these tiny (relatively) vehicles can stand up to the forces such firing of an arty gun will inflict. I mean the suspension at the least is going to take a battering and I don't know if it possible to fully overcome these issues especially not if you're engaging in the high-tempo training/operations the IA conducts with its arty.

Maybe they'll change the platform in future....or add hydraulic dampeners/supports.

Back
Top Bottom