What's new

Defence ties with India ‘a necessity, not an option’ :: ISRAEL

United States have been at war 222 out of 239 years of her existence and not to mention the apartheid that exists within Israel while also not forgetting about India who kills her minorities just because they consumed beef or throws her weight around against smaller nations within her region and you think these will be the nations that will bring peace and harmony to the world really?

I think it is highly unlikely.

You're right in sense, America, or any any superpower in its place will never bring peace.But the alternative is worse: eg, if the Soviets had no opponent we'd probably all be under communist rule right now. As far as empires go America is fairly benevolent. Just have a look at the other great empires in history (the Romans, Mongols etc).

America could have been much more aggressive and much more malevolent than it has been - it quite literally had the power to take over the world at some stages (eg post WW2 it had 50% of global GDP and a fleet that dwarfed the of the world combined, it was the only country with nuclear weapons).

As far as peace goes we've actually had it pretty good during the American century: everyone has gotten richer, there's been no major power conflicts. You have to view things relatively speaking, not in absolutes. Because there was not "absolute peace" isn't a mark against America but reflective of how humans are - we've always been fighting each other since our existence, the presence of America lessened this situation. So I think they've done a good job.

Maybe when China is ready to compete for world leadership we will see a better situation than now, maybe not. I suspect we will yearn for the American days when **** hits the fan, as it could , and as history suggests it will, when there's no superpower to hold the world order together.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom