What's new

Defence budget increased to Rs 96,000 crore

Well you are the guy who says you have the bigger dick simply because you are the one comparing Pakistani defence budget to yours.

Nobody compared the actual figures, but Adu was comparing it as a % terms to GDP

2.5% comparison is BS.

You are spekaing in the military context. Yes its justified for Pakistan to spend 4.5% of the GDP as its faced with lots of threat in both fronts.
What we are or were trying to see is not the justification but the impact it has on other sactors or other expendtures.

China has much much larger economy than India, so even if they spend 7 or 9% they still have a lot of money to spend on other sectors. Pakistan on the other hand has a smaller economy, so if they start spending 4.5% of the GDP on military they have hardly left any money to be spend on other sectors.

Remittance is never calculated in FDI. PLease elaborate how India calculates FDI and how it differes from the rest of the world. :confused:

Yes Neo he is right. There is a difference especially in the way China calculates its FDI. They take into consideration foreign remitances while in India they dont. I dont know about Pakistan or about any other country.

Even if you remove the foreign remitances portion they still are ahead of us.

Remittance is never considered as FDI in my country or else we'd be reporting almost $10 billion per annum.

Yes, but that is the advantage of having a bigger country isnt it? I mean India only spends roughly round 2 % of GDP on defense and much more is alloted on aducation, social services, etc. You cannot expect that since Pakistan is India's enemy, India would spend just as much in real terms as Pakistan does. Thats how it goes.

I am not expecting India to do any favors to Pakistan mind you...we expect only the roughest of the situation...just telling you that you realistically can't tout the 2.5% number with an adversary that is 10 times smaller than you. Its a fact of life and we are living with it.

Nobody compared the actual figures, but Adu was comparing it as a % terms to GDP

You are spekaing in the military context. Yes its justified for Pakistan to spend 4.5% of the GDP as its faced with lots of threat in both fronts.
What we are or were trying to see is not the justification but the impact it has on other sactors or other expendtures.

China has much much larger economy than India, so even if they spend 7 or 9% they still have a lot of money to spend on other sectors. Pakistan on the other hand has a smaller economy, so if they start spending 4.5% of the GDP on military they have hardly left any money to be spend on other sectors.

Yes that is factual and I do not disagree with what you wrote...was just commenting on Mr. Adux's point "I don't like to brag but while I am at it, let me just rub this in" :lol:

Blain

It is not FDI, my mistake, it is India's reserves which increased by 4 billion, in the last week.

http://content.msn.co.in/News/Business/BusinessBS_240207_0924.htm

Why should we care how much you are spending, We are spending cuz we can afford too. We are ten times whatever than you are, It doesnt matter to us, we have a budget, and 2.5% of that is defence. Now according to your threat perception, Even at 4% you can only raise nearly 5 Billion. So I understand your view point, But that 4% is on the higher side to the global norm and they have an impact on the rest of your budget esp on health and education.

i wouldnt take any Pakistani Economic figures without a pinch of salt,

indias amount will always be atleast 5 times higher as they have a5 times times larger budget but wy don't india spend this amount on the masses it can't match china anyways....

what is the percentage of defense spending of india and pakistan not the gdp?:coffee:

Blain

It is not FDI, my mistake, it is India's reserves which increased by 4 billion, in the last week.

http://content.msn.co.in/News/Business/BusinessBS_240207_0924.htm

i wouldnt take any Pakistani Economic figures without a pinch of salt,

Yes I thought so. Cause Indian pundits were crying about the abysmally low amount of FDI coming into the country in contrast to China just a few months ago. And btw, why would you not take anything without a pinch of salt wrt Pakistan?? Why does everything that is provided to you about Pakistan have to be divinely authenticated? :rolleyes:

http://www.pakboi.gov.pk/FDI/2005-06.html

Melb,

America spends $400 billion on defence, yet New Orleans still in tatters. Hope you got the drift. This past week $4.5 billion came in to the Indian economy as FDI , which is more than pakdef budget.I am not a guy who says India got the bigger dick. We are still at 2.5%

america does not not have poverty and disease and inequalities on that scale...2.5% gdp how much is $20 billion percentage of gdp...and how much percent are they spending on health and education infrastructure..

the size and strategic needs of india require it to spend even more to defend their area..and protect in case of any potencial threat of attack by anone from all corners but the poppulation requires even more..apart from george fernandas the communist parties understand to spend more on people than arms..:agree:

Remittance is never calculated in FDI. PLease elaborate how India calculates FDI and how it differes from the rest of the world. :confused:

Where is my post, its my mistake. I have got it wrong Its forex increase and not
What Malay is talking about is the Chinese accounting practices,which includes the money invested by forign settled chinese nationals as FDI's. When India doesnt count that as FDI, There is a huge amount of difference there.

http://inhome.rediff.com/money/2003/dec/18spec2.htm

FDI figures questionable

Last year China's foreign direct investment numbers came under much scrutiny too.

A study by the International Finance Corporation, a World Bank arm, questioned whether China's FDI figures were accurate.

IFC suggested that the reason why China's FDI numbers are so high is because it resorts to 'round tripping', a method where funds originated from the Mainland are disguised as foreign capital and repatriated back to it via Hong Kong.

IFC estimates nearly 50 per cent of total FDI flows in 1999 and 2000 to have gone through round tripping; and this would reduce net FDI inflows from about $40 billion to about $20 billion in China.

India's numbers of about $3 billion a year in FDI have also come under scrutiny, but for the reason that the IFC suggests that they are too low. IFC has said India's FDI statistics do not conform to international accounting standards. India excludes reinvested earnings, subordinated debt, overseas commercial borrowings; all included in other countries' FDI statistics.

A recomputation would raise India' net FDI inflows from $3 billion a year to about $8 billion, while China's inflows, net of round-tripping, are about $20 billion.

On that basis, IFC had said that FDI represents 2 per cent of China's GDP and 1.7 per cent of India's GDP, which is not much of a difference.

Blain,

Peace Flag. That post was written in a very different context, I thought melb was talking about the hungery and sick people of india(PDF style), when I should have known that he wasnt person like that, nor does he have a history of that, and peronally i was an idiotic especially since I should have spend more time on posts reading it

Yes I thought so. Cause Indian pundits were crying about the abysmally low amount of FDI coming into the country in contrast to China just a few months ago. And btw, why would you not take anything without a pinch of salt wrt Pakistan?? Why does everything that is provided to you about Pakistan have to be divinely authenticated? :rolleyes:

http://www.pakboi.gov.pk/FDI/2005-06.html

Lets just I have my reasons, And my reasons will not be acceptable to you

america does not not have poverty and disease and inequalities on that scale...2.5% gdp how much is $20 billion percentage of gdp...and how much percent are they spending on health and education infrastructure..

You clearly havent seen America

You clearly havent seen America

It clearly shows Indian desire to become the "Regional Super Power" maintaining hegemoney over her neighours.

However there isn't a lot we can do about it. If India can afford it ' good luck to them. What I dont Like about Indian attitude is however;the their effort

" Neither I give it nor you give it" when it comes to Pakistan's defence needs.
It is grave injustice but then we are living in a very cruel and violant world and India is certainly a big bully.

Niaz,

I dont know why you have qouted me, But what is happening in New Orleans is appaling, the richest country in the world, the country who's company's who have more money than most country's GDP of the world.

About India being a bully, I agree, When it comes to Pakistan; We would block very screw and nut that can be used in the military for you. Lets not forget we are still hostile countries. Isnt that geopolitics sir.

I have nearly on an yearly average, 1000-1500 people dying in my country cuz of terrorism, It does have hands of Pakistani elements in that, So Pakistan is as much as a bully on India, as India is on them.Thousand Cuts Policy.

I can sit here and say it is all wrong, But you of all people would know World aint fair, Life aint fair.

Back
Top Bottom