What's new

Decoding N011M Bars

Jamwal's

Reaction score
Country
India
Q1. WHY N-011M BARS RADAR USED IN Su-30MKI CONSIDERED TO BE DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PESA SYSTEM??

ANS- It is developed by Tikhomirov, a Passive Electrical Scanned Array (PESA) radar, thats what generally said. But looking at its scanning pattern I’ll say it’s more of a hybrid system that integrates the advantages of Mechanically Scanned Array and PESA system. Unlike other PESA system it doesn’t use same receiver amplifier for each TRM module, rather it has separate system like AESA. But in case of signal transmitting it uses single Oscillator of fixed freq…So you can say it’s a transition from common PESA system to AESA system.

Q2. IS IT A X-BAND OR L-BAND SYSTEM ??

ANS-Yes it is a X-band radar of 8-12GHz freq. As i already told you, it’s a hybrid system, so It incorporates the L-band, 1-2GHz IFF (Identification of Friend-or-Foe) system to improve the performance, and also an
N011-0M mechanically steered antenna system.

Q3. ANYTHING ABOUT POWER O/P, FREQ. BAND, SCANCOVERAGE ??

ANS- It can scan upto +/-70 degree in azimuth and +/- 45 degree in vertical axis, also it can be mechanically steered to +/-55 degree off bore-sight, thus giving the pilot a full +/-100 degree off bore-sight forward hemispherical coverage with 3dB noise figure same as an AESAR. It has 3 Indian made Ts-200 processor of 28GHZ speed with digital processing system and can perform 70million operation per second. Both static and flash memory are of 16MB size. The average power o/p each channel receiver is 1.2kw and 1kw illuminator for radar homing missile…so sum of all 3 channel receiver and target designator has power o/p of 4-5 kw.

Q4. GREAT AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY MULTI-MODE RADAR AND HEY YOU’VE NOT MENTIONED THE RANGE EITHER ??

ANS- Air-Air mode: 15 tracked and 4 engaged simultaneously, 400Km search range, 200km track range, 60km rear tracking. Also in Air-Air mode it can do a Raid assesment and NTCR.
Air-Ground/Maritime strike: 15 tracked, 2 engaged, for tanks it
has detection range of 60km and for Naval ships or destroyers 90-120km. Features include Synthetic Aperture Radar Imaging(SAR), Doppler beam sharpening, real beam mapping and Ground/Maritime Moving Target Indicator(GMTI/MMTI). So it is perfectly suited for swing-role missions where you have no confirmation over the threats either they are ground threats or enemy air defence fighter. You can switch to any mode any time according to your mission requirements. And thats what make it Multi-mode system.

Q.5 Tell me about the Cope-India war game, How did MKI perform against USAF’s F-16 Fighting Falcon and F-15 Strike Eagles ?? And also Indradhanush exercise with RAF.

ANS- In Cope-India war game with USAF and Indradhanus Exercise with RAF… IAF has instructed their pilots not to use the N-011M above training mode! Also MKIs lack an AWACS in their formation. So what happened
actually is every time they got
something in their radar…they
didn’t know it was a friendly or
Threat…because IFF system isn’t
online.(training mode) and before they could know it was a threat or friendly…it was Fox 2…Game over!!! But in dog fight they outperform the USAF F-16s and F-15s. I may say they beat the crap out of F-16s and F-15s. But The RAF Typhoon gives MKI a good run for its money.

Q.6 Ok…enough with these number games, tell me in simple english what’s N011M BARS PANTHER RADAR SYSTEM ??

ANS- Ok…in simple english…no tech words…”YOU TAKE THE ICINGS FROM VARIOUS DELICIOUS PUDDINGS AND MAKE YOUR OWN CAKE WITH THOSE ICE TOPPING”…voila you get a N011M…

SOURCE:Facebook

Decoding N011m bars of DRDO | CombatGears
P.s - An old article about Flanker Radar

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom