What's new

Decision for Waziristan operation taken by Army, claims Fazl

FalconsForPeace

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman on Tuesday claimed in the National Assembly that that the parliament was "helpless" before military establishment's decision of conducting a military operation in Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
“The decision regarding use of force is the domain of public representatives, not the military establishment,” he added.
He said that the JUI-F was not in favour of militancy in the country but the use of force had not worked in the past.
“It is time to determine whether this operation is against terrorists or the people of Waziristan,” Fazl added.
He said that the decision was taken by the Army while the parliament had merely given approval to it.
“How one can convince extremists that democracy is the best option if the constitution and democratic norms will not be respected by state institutions,” he questioned.
He said that the parliamentarians had not honoured dozens of parliamentary resolutions regarding restoration of peace through talks.
“I know I will be penalised for my independent opinion but I want to record my protest on the pages of history,” he added.
Pakistan Army on Sunday announced it had launched a comprehensive operation against local and foreign militants in North Waziristan, sealing it off.

Decision for Waziristan operation taken by Army, claims Fazl - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

In mayn itnia himat kahan chottu gang tu sambhala nae jata ttp say kia laren gay pmln walayy....

Even if it was , so what Maulana Diesel ? The nation remembers which side you and your Mullah brethren are on , there's no need to remind us again and again by your action and words . Prepare to offer funeral prayers for the killed terrorists in North Waziristan next , do not waste breath in National Assembly .

like all key decisions in Pakistan. Which should put the responsibility of the mess Pakistan finds itself in, squarely on the shoulders of PA

Fazlurrehman history will remember u as the biggest hypocrate of pakistan

fazlur-rehman-scandals.jpg

First time in my senses I have seen this rascal not part of govt , prior to this he remained with all the govts but still he says that hukmuranoon k ghalat faislay , bloodywell u should say your wrong decisions

Kyun diesel dard ho rahi hai pait main?

Rustam Shah Mohmand describes the inside story of talks break down....

In the face of dithering by politicians, someone had to take decisive steps. You cannot allow militants to want to have talks on one hand and then choke Pakistan with horrendous attacks like the one at KHI.

In the face of dithering by politicians, someone had to take decisive steps. You cannot allow militants to want to have talks on one hand and then choke Pakistan with horrendous attacks like the one at KHI.
Well its such a decisive operation that only airstrikes are being carried out with little or no force movement......100,80,60 terrorists and "important Taliban leaders"being killed and not a single name being identified. On the ground the tribesmen are using Pakistani flags to keep their houses safe from being bombed. So whose providing the targeting for jet bombing when the actions of locals are depicting otherwise.
186.gif

We must know that this operation must count. Army has deliberately put her repute on stake and a half hearted operation would be devastating for it.

he is speaking the truth most probably, but still that was the only viable option left

Back
Top Bottom