What's new

Death toll rises to 37 in India caste rioting

:disagree: pitty on your intellectualism this time.

do you think non-Muslims lived only in India :disagree:

I had no idea that hindus had lived in Arabia. I guess you must have been taught some special history.

however, it is unfortunatly for the death of people, god bless.

We have veered far, far off topic.

This thread isn't about the defects of Hinduism or Islam, which are many, mind you.

This thread is about a spectacular backfiring of the affirmative action program in India, due to which, in a strange twist, communities actually want to be downgraded into a lower caste in order to avail of reservation.

By the way, these Gujjars aren't exactly a caste either, but a Tribe. A Nomadic tribe, to be exact.

That's because, thank goodness, India never had to undergo the hell-on-earth called Cultural Revolution.

In India, things move slower, word spreads slower, because there's no central authority to massacre the dissidents.

So as to allow dissidents to massacre themselves? That's a smart way of governance.

So you do things your way, we do it our way.

So be it.

Look, we now know that the caste system is bad way of organizing society.

Not quite.

However, the people who did believe in rebirth and the cycle of Karma, didn't see anything evil about the caste system. We are all humans, and all upper-caste Hindus weren't "evil" till 60 years ago.

Refute your own statement and support my claim.

There are indeed ways of justifying the caste system, within the beliefs of those times, which make the caste system look perfectly fair.

Once again, refute your own statement and support my claim.

Obviously, I will not get into the details in this thread, but I hope you get my point.

Think of it this way, the world thinks the Chinese system is inhuman, whereas the Chinese think its wonderful. Obviously, there's something different about the perception.

maybe.

Hinduism has been criticized and has undergone several reformation movements for the last centuries.
However, for better of worse, Indians don't believe in wiping out whoever disagrees with them, so change is slower.

If somebody disagrees that murder is bad, you'll tolerate?

Don't forget the Great Leap Forward.

It is also an important event.

The Southern and Northern Dynasties showed such a high level of polarization between North and South that northerners and southerners referred to each other as barbarians; the Mongol Yuan Dynasty also made use of the concept: Yuan subjects were divided into four castes, with northern Han Chinese occupying the second-lowest caste and southern Han Chinese occupying the lowest one.

Traditional Yi society in Yunnan was caste based. People were split into the Black Yi (nobles, 5% of the population), White Yi (commoners), Ajia (33% of the Yi population) and the Xiaxi (10%). Ajia and Xiaxi were slave castes. The White Yi were not slaves but had no freedom of movement. The Black Yi were famous for their slave-raids on Han Chinese communities. After the 1959 some 700,000 slaves were freed.

But of course, all this is not taught in the Glorious Era of Peasants and Workers since it would be an embarrassment.

1. The red above states itself: those obviously bad can be removed easily as long as you want to.

2. Caste system has never been an idea in standard Chinese ideology, though ancient Chinese did classify people such as work with brain or work with labor. But those people, being brain-worker or physical-worker, are not related to birth. Instead, Chinese culture emphasize that teaching should cover people class-lessly; and that king or high officers can be anyone's as long as he have merits.

3. Yuan Dynasty eventually had to relax its barbarous system in order to rule China. NOTE: social discrimination has nothing to do with caste system.

Let's safely conclude that caste system, in its intensity, duration and populace acceptance, is quite unique in India.

Has Western democracy played any role in reducing Indian caste system or, on the contrary, enhancing it?

So as to allow dissidents to massacre themselves? That's a smart way of governance.

So be it.
Not quite.

Refute your own statement and support my claim.

Once again, refute your own statement and support my claim.
maybe.

If somebody disagrees that murder is bad, you'll tolerate?

?? What are you saying? Have you even understood my statements?

Hinduism is based on discriminatory cast-system and its a pitty that instead of speaking against it Indians like you stoop to lies and propoganda.

I know that every time you utter the word "hindu", I am expected to chant "caste system!!bad bad!!", failing which, I am automatically assumed to be big supporter of it.

Also, every time I point out the flaws in the Islam, it is automatically assumed that I consider hinduism to be a flawless diamond that needs no further polishing.

If you want a serious debate, please treat it as such. Inane mind-numbing counter-accusations and fairy tales are going to get you absolutely nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom