What's new

Death sentence given in blasphemy case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meesna

Reaction score
MULTAN: Additional Sessions Judge Chaudhry Zafar Iqbal on Friday awarded death sentence to a man he found guilty of blasphemy.

According to the prosecution, Imam Ali, 63, a resident of Haroonabad, was found drawing pictures of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) on the walls of his room. Police said Ali had been a devotee of Habib Abdullah Shah and the caretaker of his shrine in Bahawalnagar. He was arrested in 2011. Qari Muhammad Ahmed, 27, the complainant, said, “I found the drawings in his room.” Saddar police registered a case against Ali in March 2011. A nephew of Ali’s said that several lawyers had refused to take up the defence case fearing a backlash.

The judge also fined Ali Rs100,000. Ali told The Express Tribune he believed blasphemy law was unjust. “Unfortunately, there is no way out of such situations for a poor man like me.”

Death sentence given in blasphemy case – The Express Tribune

For a change to happen, the society as a whole has to change and take a decision.

I really don't feel qualified to discuss this topic in depth, I would not wish to offend anyone here. But talking simply from a humanitarian point of view, it is a very archaic law and open to abuse and miscarriage of justice.

it can be change but you need civilized humans first

Humans are inherently flawed, our history of thousands of years of war and carnage proves that. But what of god? A god so insecure that he deigns it fit to sit by and watch as people are executed for supposedly slighting him, last I checked impotent and self-loathing pricks take pleasure in such things not someone who assumes to be a god unto mankind.

2 persons sentenced to death in Pakistan for blasphemy

Two persons were sentenced to death by a Pakistani court after it found them guilty of blasphemy, a media report today said.

Additional Sessions Judge Chaudhry Zafar Iqbal awarded death sentences to two men found guilty under the controversial blasphemy law.

According to the prosecution, Riaz Ahmed, 34, and Ijaz Ahmed, 38, residents of Haroonabad, devotees of Chaman Sarkar in Gujrat district [Punjab], had claimed in 2011 that they had seen God.

Qari Muhammad Ahmed, 27, the complainant, a resident of Haroonabad, said that the convicts had also invited other people to join them in their union with God through Chaman Sarkar.

Malik Ghulam Qasim, the defence lawyer, told The Express Tribune that he would continue to fight against a law that could be easily misused to victimise innocent people.

"I tried my best to defend them," Qasim said.

"We seriously need to reconsider the blasphemy law and its enforcement," he said.

Judge Chaudhry Zafar Iqbal also slapped a fine of Rs 1 lakh on each of them.

2 persons sentenced to death in Pakistan for blasphemy | Business Standard

Most religious people would be happy that someone saw God but not Punjabis.

Thankfully Moses did not live in Punjab or he would be sentenced to death for his claim of seeing God over Mount Sinai too.

One struggles to decide if one should laugh or cry over Punjabi daily shenanigans.

Last edited:
In India also such similar shit happens but unlike Pakistan none of it is sanctioned by state, law or constitution.

Prophet Moses also saw God in Sinai hill. Even talked with God. Prophet Jesus got some divine inspirations from God hence he did many magic, he could raise a dead man, could give a blind the gift of sight, Prophet Muhammad went to Miraj to meet God. If they didn't blaspheme for seeing God almighty why couldn't he show up to a normal human being? We know God has no shape but may be they felt that they have seen God. Just because of this simple reason giving death sentence is outrageous. Pakistan please become kinda civil in this 21st century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom