What's new

Death-row inmate hanged in Japan

Aepsilons

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Japan
A Japanese death-row inmate was hanged on Thursday.

68-year-old Masanori Kawasaki had been sentenced to death for fatally stabbing his sister-in-law and her 2 granddaughters in Sakaide, western Japan, in 2007.

The hanging was the fifth round of execution under the current government of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. It brings to 9 the total number of people executed since the administration was launched near the end of 2012.

Justice Minister Sadakazu Tanigaki, who ordered the execution, told reporters that Kawasaki's murders were extremely cruel in nature. He said the death sentence was finalized after due examination by the courts.
Tanigaki said he sees no need to review Japan's capital punishment system. He added he will continue to closely follow public debate over the death penalty.

Death-row inmate hanged in Japan -NHK WORLD English-

---------------

We need to carry out more of these capital punishments.

A Japanese death-row inmate was hanged on Thursday.

68-year-old Masanori Kawasaki had been sentenced to death for fatally stabbing his sister-in-law and her 2 granddaughters in Sakaide, western Japan, in 2007.

The hanging was the fifth round of execution under the current government of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. It brings to 9 the total number of people executed since the administration was launched near the end of 2012.

Justice Minister Sadakazu Tanigaki, who ordered the execution, told reporters that Kawasaki's murders were extremely cruel in nature. He said the death sentence was finalized after due examination by the courts.
Tanigaki said he sees no need to review Japan's capital punishment system. He added he will continue to closely follow public debate over the death penalty.

Death-row inmate hanged in Japan -NHK WORLD English-

---------------

We need to carry out more of these capital punishments.

Good, serves him right.

My prayers go out to the family of the poor victims. What a horrid crime!

Good, serves him right.

My prayers go out to the family of the poor victims. What a horrid crime!

No mercy for criminal scum. I wish that our system would emulate Saudi Arabia's system in regards to capital punishment.

No mercy for criminal scum. I wish that our system would emulate Saudi Arabia's system in regards to capital punishment.

Japan does it well bro. No need to look elsewhere. Once you take a life in a cold and callous way, you deserve nothing else but the same in return.

In Taiwan, we also have a debate about it year ago.

But it's true that some people is so EVIL and that kind of punishment is necessary.

Saudi arabia capitally punishes religious offenders , you don't want that kinda system in da japan

Nihonjin-san, I don't think you'd want to emulate KSA on that. :lol: Then extreme would be an understatement.

However, you could try Singaporean and Hong Kong style punishments.

Firing squad and electric chair.

Capital punishment especially publicly (for extremely deranged psychopaths) is essential.

These Human Rights scum should also be dealt with as they weaken all countries' systems through systematically introducing false guilt.

In Taiwan, we also have a debate about it year ago.

But it's true that some people is so EVIL and that kind of punishment is necessary.

This year alone, Japan has executed 12 convicted murderers. At the behest of Abe, who is a proponent of capital punishment. I am in agreement with this , as it sends a clear signal to the population of the consequences of violent and criminal behavior.

Nihonjin-san, I don't think you'd want to emulate KSA on that. :lol: Then extreme would be an understatement.

Capital punishment especially publicly (for extremely deranged psychopaths) is essential.

These Human Rights scum should also be dealt with as they weaken all countries' systems through systematically introducing false guilt.

I agree with you, my friend, that those who violate human rights should be dealt with effectively and swiftly. Beheading is swift, especially if it is done through a Katana. No pain. Firing squads , as i know, are still used in China , in fact this is the modus operandi of their capital punishment(s).

Electric chair tho..lol. Well, in the end, so long as the criminal scum gets....toasted... :lol::big_boss:

Death Penalty should be abolished..........life imprisonment(literally, for life, not just 25/50 yrs) should be the alternative........... for extreme cases, without any possibility of parole.........

Life imprisonment takes a toll on tax payer money. If a person is convicted of murder and awarded the death sentence, he or she should be executed immediately. Life imprisonment affords them to live all the days of their lives, with food to eat, water to drink, and a comfort of water to bathe in and a bed to sleep in. These criminals were guilty of torturing, and taking innocent lives -- many in the most heinous ways conceived of.

It should be introduced in India for Rapes and forced dowry.

Death Penalty should be abolished..........life imprisonment(literally, for life, not just 25/50 yrs) should be the alternative........... for extreme cases, without any possibility of parole.........

And waste taxpayers' money?

No thanks mate. We have enough population to sustain in the case of India, even if all convicted criminals and terrorists are executed. Similarly for Japan. They have a decent population to afford death sentences.

Maybe not in Norway or Iceland or Denmark or some place like that where there are so few people that they abolish such things.

Back
Top Bottom