What's new

Dear Pakistan, I still love you to the moon and back

You keep accusing me of moving the goalpost. But that's exactly what you're doing when I mentioned economic aid to India, you imminently start harping on about proportions.

Afghan war is something that cannot be ignored. It lasted nearly 20 years and took a toll on Pakistan's economy. You want certain variables included such as proportion but want to ignore variables like the Afghan war.

Top 15 recipients of foreign aid & top donors in 2017:

View attachment 949913

Nice pictures :)

The only problem is, this 2017 data doesn't mention Pakistan at all. Please can you share that too? Because the World Bank says it's $2.36Billion

1693434664599.png

Nice pictures :)

The only problem is, this 2017 data doesn't mention Pakistan at all. Please can you share that too? Because the World Bank says it's $2.36Billion

That lists the top 15 aid recipients. I enver claimed Pakistan never received aid but not I enough to be on the top.

That lists the top 15 aid recipients. I enver claimed Pakistan never received aid but not I enough to be on the top.
I know you never claimed it.

I'm just asking you, the 2017 data you shared - which shows India received $6.5 billion aid - doesn't mention the aid given to Pakistan. But that's okay, the world bank says it's $2.36 Billion aid to Pakistan in 2017.

This means, India received 2.5 times the aid compared to Pakistan. Given that we're 7-8 times of Pakistan, we still received less than you. We should have received at least $15B+ to MATCH what Pakistan received.

Also, why are we talking about aid exactly?

You keep accusing me of moving the goalpost. But that's exactly what you're doing when I mentioned economic aid to India, you imminently start harping on about proportions

When a country with X number of people gets the same absolute dollar aid as the country with 7X number of people how do you compare things ?

It is like comparing two people who identical homes. One person has a loan of $50,000. The other person has a loan of $500,000.

India has $600 billion in foreign debt. Pakistan has $140 billion in foreign debt. Which economy is worse ? Who is running to the IMF ? Who is not ?

I'm just asking you, the 2017 data you shared - which shows India received $6.5 billion aid - doesn't mention the aid given to Pakistan. But that's okay, the world bank says it's $2.36 Billion aid to Pakistan in 2017.

This means, India received 2.5 times the aid compared to Pakistan. Given that we're 7-8 times of Pakistan, we still received less than you. We should have received at least $15B+ to MATCH what Pakistan received.

World Bank never gives "aid". They are soft loans that need to be repaid.

That's quite rich coming from a country that not only got more aid than Pakistan but more American aid than any other country.

Even Israel.
Nobody beats Israel on the support from India

Top 15 recipients of foreign aid & top donors in 2017:
@ThunderCat , this data isn’t correct. This report has been written poorly and inaccurately. I can share the link of actual OECD and USAID reports. The detailed reports have a little different story to tell.
The figures quoted for India are mostly loans. Turkey is number two in the list. Do you think that it is living on dole and doing well? This article has clubbed loans as well as donations. Who gets what isn’t reflected giving a wrong picture.

Last edited:

Yeah you did 2.5 times the aid, and you didn't have to deal with 20 years of Afghan war which disrupted Pakistan's economy plus refugees that have lived there over thirty years contributing to crime, plus two additional years of sanctions compared to India, plus unusually heavy floods.

Look at Turkey for example. An exploding economy that suffered from COVID-19. Then inflation worsened with the earthquake.

Their inflation is some of the worst in the world.

I think the situation for non-Muslim indigenous Indian religious groups is even worse.

We never messed with Afghans, except fighting back against their interference.

Especially when you and Bangladesh get more handouts than Pakistan, it's rich to call another country begging.

You countries individually probably have more beggars than Pakistan alone. Don't tell me Pajeets & Binglos enter don't enter Europe illegally.

Not to mention millions of Binglos entering Pakistan illegally.

I'm surprised a genious like you didn't know. You were probably born after 2000.
Lol you are unable to come out of circular debt public is burning your cities , individuals are jumping in the rivers , because your bijli bills are impossible to pay , IMF has forced you to bend in all directions , you are begging from china , saudi ,behrine, qatar , america . Taliban are attacking on your borders , Still you have audacity to talk about economy of India .

Lol you are unable to come out of circular debt , IMF has forced you bent in all directions , you are begging from china , saudi ,behrine, qatar , america . Still you have audacity to talk about economy of India .

A country that gets lots of charity from the West and yet has the highest poverty in the world. Your economy is one fo the largest and your population is one of the poorest.

People aren't blind, you know.

A country that gets lots of charity from the West and yet has the highest poverty in the world. Your economy is one fo the largest and your population is one of the poorest.

Govt of India distributes free rations for poor people , we dont beg for dollars because we have 600 bn in reserve , our people are on highest jobs of the world , we landed on moon , we are sending satellites of 42 nations earning billions of dollars, air india planes pay regularly for fuel that is why never impounded at Malaysian airports , indian public is paying bijli bill regularly . That is all

This BlunderCat chimp has been reminded shit tonnes of times that whatever aid India gets from UK or Japan is loans and investments, not handouts.

India on top of that is a net donor of aid.
@nahtanbob tell me who's elites are the real beggars, getting free handouts of British taxpayer money.

"Because we, the UK taxpayers, gave an estimated £2.3billion of aid to India between 2016 and 2021."

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/23667743/india-landed-moon-full-billionaires-why-send-aid/

Says a joker who uses decades old numbers as his source :lol:
Angoor khatte hai

Pakistan was ahead of India as long as it was in the US camp. Then India made a plan, went to war with China to convince Pakistan that India and China are enemies. This prompted Pakistan to go in the Chinese camp instead.

Now thanks to China, Pakistan is on the verge of economic default!

Dear China, we will always remember your services 🙏
Full of Indian BS, nothing else as usual.

India's sanctions were lifted years sooner than Pakistan.

Pakistan suffered more loss than gain from the Afghan war. Floods added more to the damage.

And despite more economic aid and shorter sanctions, your Bharat has had more poverty than most African countries combined and you spend money on these stupid publicity stunts.

Did America sanction India as long as Pakistan? Did America compensate Pakistan for losses from the Afghan war according to those losses?

A war that lasted almost 20 years. A year after the pullout, the flood did not help recovery.

Short answer no America did not help out.

And despite all the aid, India still stands as one of the world's top poorest countries. When will Bharatis understand it's not just about having a huge GDP/

Bharat teamed up with China? What?
Yes, India is very poor, where can she get a billion dollars to stay afloat without going bankrupt

India is an anomaly - With massive poverty, they brag about moon shots with begged borrowed technology... Amazing.....
For one thing, India doesn't have the most difficult deep space network to track its spacecraft to the moon let alone Mars, they have to rely on their masters US and EU for deep space networking.

Accomplishment is accomplishment and should be recognised as such. India’s space program is a superb accomplishment. And should be supported and invested in by all domestic governments.

It is an old and also specious argument that a nation that is “too poor” should focus only poverty alleviation and improving so up economic conditions. For one, that can apply as much to a nation as prosperous as the US. Why should the US invest in defence or technology when so many of its people are still deprived?

Second, using that logic you’d never see many nations making great accomplishments. Should Ethiopia give up supporting its long distance running program? Should Russia stop investment in modern electronic tech?

I think comparisons are odious. Nations and people should strive to do the best they can. Centres of excellence should be developed regardless of what fields they are on. For example, squash in Pakistan should be have been invested in heavily. I am of a generation that envied Pakistan its squash legends like Jahangir and Jansher - you should have been ruling the world sport today, given that legacy,

Accomplishment is accomplishment and should be recognised as such. India’s space program is a superb accomplishment. And should be supported and invested in by all domestic governments.

It is an old and also specious argument that a nation that is “too poor” should focus only poverty alleviation and improving so up economic conditions. For one, that can apply as much to a nation as prosperous as the US. Why should the US invest in defence or technology when so many of its people are still deprived?

Second, using that logic you’d never see many nations making great accomplishments. Should Ethiopia give up supporting its long distance running program? Should Russia stop investment in modern electronic tech?

I think comparisons are odious. Nations and people should strive to do the best they can. Centres of excellence should be developed regardless of what fields they are on. For example, squash in Pakistan should be have been invested in heavily. I am of a generation that envied Pakistan its squash legends like Jahangir and Jansher - you should have been ruling the world sport today, given that legacy,
They invested heavily in Afghanistan , result is disaster .

Back
Top Bottom