What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, there are reports that the EF was rejected from the competition in Japan, but it's not confirmed so far. If that's the case, the EF countries and consortium will be even more desperate to get the deal in India, because there is no other potential partner in sight.

dont you think if eft gets selected then first squad will come after 2016 and in case of rafale it will be after 2014

dont you think if eft gets selected then first squad will come after 2016 and in case of rafale it will be after 2014

Not necessarily, there were reports that the EF consortium offered EF T2s by 2014, the same that the EF partners had ordered and they are completelly wired and ready for later upgrades like AESA radar..., so even if the AESA radar will be developed only by 2015 or later, the first squadron of EFs is likely to be delivered in 2014, just not as capable as IAF actually required. On the other hand, it will take even more time to make the EF fully A2G capable as IAF might want it to be (around 2018 only) and we also know that the AESA radar that might be available in 2015, will most likely have only A2A modes, so all in all, we might have EFs in the force, but only with limited capabilities.

Gtg guys, cya!

6 Squadron Typhoons Shadow Russian Bears

On 11 October Typhoon aircraft of Number 6 Squadron maintaining the Quick Reaction Alert (QRA) mission at RAF Leuchars were launched to intercept two aircraft in the NATO Air Policing Area that could not be identified by any other means i.e. the aircraft is not talking to civilian or military Air Traffic Control, has not filed a flight plan and is not transmitting a recognisable secondary surveillance radar code. The aircraft were identified as Russian Long Range Aviation (LRA) assets 'Bears' and the 6 Squadron Typhoons maintained contact until the Russian aircraft cleared the UK’s Flight Information Region.

54C4EBC7_5056_A318_A872BD57BDEC7B83.jpg

why is that??
currently F22 and EFT are a2a fighters and they lack ground attack capabilities.
Rafale has good strike capabilities and France assured the fast delivery for first two squadrons of aircrafts .

I have seen Rafale performing,Dont know what to say but at some maneuvers it certainly out did any other jet present at the air show,Impressive indeed,Aggressive bird,would definitely give headache to its rivals.

I have my self seen Rafael, Eurofighter and Gripen performing. While the first 2 are twin engined and show impressive maneuver, Gripen also showed much mettle despite being a single engine aircraft. I just wish the tender be deivided in two parts: 60% to the twin engined aircraft and rest to Gripen. Or 65-35 will be more cost effective.

Sorry to be so insistant, rissriva but RAFALE :hitwall: :wave:

I have my self seen Rafael, Eurofighter and Gripen performing. While the first 2 are twin engined and show impressive maneuver, Gripen also showed much mettle despite being a single engine aircraft. I just wish the tender be deivided in two parts: 60% to the twin engined aircraft and rest to Gripen. Or 65-35 will be more cost effective.
There is not point in Gripen NG.
By the time Gripen would be inducted if they get selected the Tejas MK2 would already be in production. AESA, supercruise etc... I'd rather have the Tejas MK2 since alteast it has an Indian mission computer that allows the IAF to use Russian and Western weapons systems.

I just wish the tender be deivided in two parts: 60% to the twin engined aircraft and rest to Gripen. Or 65-35 will be more cost effective.

No it would be more costly! Lower numbers of different fighters increases the unit costs, the maintenance cost, the logistical costs, if there is no weapon comonality, you need different types of weapons, different training...
Moreover, IAF tries to reduce the types of fighters to reduce the operational costs, that's why splitting MMRCA was never an option for IAF, or MoD.

Just wait for Nov.4 to know the winner, I think they will declare on the same day who is the lowest bidder is.

Any idea how much time will MoD take to negotiate and finalise with the lowest bidder?

winner will be known feb/march next year

Just wait for Nov.4 to know the winner, I think they will declare on the same day who is the lowest bidder is.

Any idea how much time will MoD take to negotiate and finalise with the lowest bidder?

They will open the bids on 4th nov, but won't decide the winner then. IAF hopes for a final decision by dec, media by early next year. We have no choice than wait and see.

They will open the bids on 4th nov, but won't decide the winner then. IAF hopes for a final decision by dec, media by early next year. We have no choice than wait and see.

Wont we come to know that who is the lowest bidder and with whom are we negotiating for price?

Wont we come to know that who is the lowest bidder and with whom are we negotiating for price?
Depends on MoD and the way they want to do it, but since they were very professional during this competition and didn't gave out much infos (which is the reason why there was so many media speculation), I think they will keep quiet until the final decision is done. It would be even logical incase you want to ask the vendors for changes/modifications of their bids, because when you already openly declare that one of them is L1 and is likely to be the winner, why should that vendor renegotiate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom