What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I read in Livefist that the cost of Rafale is around 48 Million EUROs which roughly translates to 60 Million $. I believe the NG, SH costs around the same. If this is true then Rafale may be the best ac financially.

Want to know from seniors what are the approx costs of the ac participating in MMRCA. I mean with life time spares/support, weapons etc.
Tx

^^ My favorite GRIPEN is really impressive....
RAFALE+GRIPEN is the way to go...

Hi,
I read in Livefist that the cost of Rafale is around 48 Million EUROs which roughly translates to 60 Million $. I believe the NG, SH costs around the same. If this is true then Rafale may be the best ac financially.

Want to know from seniors what are the approx costs of the ac participating in MMRCA. I mean with life time spares/support, weapons etc.
Tx

:woot::woot::woot:

it costs more than 80 mill...

I was refering to LiveFist - The Best of Indian Defence: COLUMN: M-MRCA, A Difficult Choice For The IAF

The French Dassault Rafale, the European Consortium Eurofighter Typhoon and the American Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornet are all twin-engined fighters in the 25-30 ton class. All of them are reportedly very expensive, with reported prices ranging from Euro 48 million for the Rafale to Euro 88 million for the Eurofighter and US$ 58 million for the Super Hornet. Admittedly, these are only notional figures and no vendor/buyer is likely to divulge the real/actual price and the services, equipment, spares/maintenance support that it might include. Would the IAF want to purchase such ‘heavy duty’ and expensive (?) aircraft?

are yar mig35 is the best sabse sasta just 38 million each dude we can buy more than 300 mig35 in the place of 126 typhoon

First, Americans are about too much self Interest, so F16 and F18 should not be considered at all

Regarding Rafale and Euro fighter, there are very costly and heavy, and it make sense to buy more MKI’s

MIG 35’s should not be considered as one of the main objective is to diversify supply sources

That leaves Grippen and IA should go for Grippen as TOT of Grippen would help fine tune LCA and even help build MCA

We have to remember that the objective is to get a fighter plane that fits the requirement and not to get the best fighter plane

Grippen cannot give us 100% TOT because 30%+ tech is from US and other countries... read the thread ull get more detail...

Mig and Rafale can give us 100% TOT also Eurofighter almost 100% IIRC... :cheers:

Grippen cannot give us 100% TOT because 30%+ tech is from US and other countries... read the thread ull get more detail...

Mig and Rafale can give us 100% TOT also Eurofighter almost 100% IIRC... :cheers:

i really dont know about Eurofighter that it comes with 100% ToT ??

is this right

are yar mig35 is the best sabse sasta just 38 million each dude we can buy more than 300 mig35 in the place of 126 typhoon

accordinly the point which you are try to specify,,the 126 eurofighter would cost 126 billlion!!!! wont it??? the india goverment has set a parameter that is 10-12 billion???? so why is the eurofighter even bother of participating???? thats is becaouse its a tender we wont be getting any of the five compititors planes which wins in full fly away condidtion..the prices which you guys are specifying are fly away cost... india will be building the major chunk india ...we are only gonna get 10-15 of them in fly away condidtion....with the labour cost in india there wont be any major diffrence in build prices ...the only problem will be spares....

I was refering to LiveFist - The Best of Indian Defence: COLUMN: M-MRCA, A Difficult Choice For The IAF

The French Dassault Rafale, the European Consortium Eurofighter Typhoon and the American Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornet are all twin-engined fighters in the 25-30 ton class. All of them are reportedly very expensive, with reported prices ranging from Euro 48 million for the Rafale to Euro 88 million for the Eurofighter and US$ 58 million for the Super Hornet. Admittedly, these are only notional figures and no vendor/buyer is likely to divulge the real/actual price and the services, equipment, spares/maintenance support that it might include. Would the IAF want to purchase such ‘heavy duty’ and expensive (?) aircraft?

I think that explains it, €48 millions could be the price that France pays for their forces. Export customers will have to pay more, but it will mainly depend on how many fighters we will buy.

Btw, the fact that the report talks about Rafale, or EF as a heavy fighters because they have a high MTOW shows some bias of the writer. Only because that fighter can take that much load doesn't make it heavy and more over, the Mig which is also twin engined and as heavy as is not mentioned at all (because it is not expensive?).

Empty weights:

Gripen NG - 7.1t
F16IN - 8.9t
Rafale - 9t
EF and Mig 35 - 11t
F18SH - 13.8t

So the Rafale, although twin engined, is only as heavy as the single engine F16IN!

Mig 29K without AESA radar, or TVC costs $46 million, which should give a hint on what Mig 35 costs at least, also don't forget that it must be upgraded with western avionics, so it is not as cheap as many people might think. Especially not compared to the single engine fighters and their low operational costs.

then why not we built 500 lca it will boost our local industries and it is more cheaper. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

accordinly the point which you are try to specify,,the 126 eurofighter would cost 126 billlion!!!! wont it??? the india goverment has set a parameter that is 10-12 billion???? so why is the eurofighter even bother of participating???? thats is becaouse its a tender we wont be getting any of the five compititors planes which wins in full fly away condidtion..the prices which you guys are specifying are fly away cost... india will be building the major chunk india ...we are only gonna get 10-15 of them in fly away condidtion....with the labour cost in india there wont be any major diffrence in build prices ...the only problem will be spares....

What..?!?!?!

its 12 billion dude @ 100 mil/plane.

Hi,

Tx

Look at the Rafale price In FX-2 bid in Brazil it will come at $174 Million.
http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=4485090
SAO PAULO - Brazil is going through with the purchase of 36 Rafale fighter jets from France after maker Dassault lopped $2 billion off their price, the newspaper Folha de S. Paulo reported Feb. 4.

The total deal is worth $10.2 billion, including $6.2 billion for the fighters themselves - down from a previous figure of $8.2 billion - and $4 billion for maintenance over the next three decades, the daily said.

The price cut still makes the Rafale more expensive than two rivals bidding to supply Brazil's air force, the F/A-18 Super Hornet from Boeing and the Gripen NG from Sweden's Saab.

The Boeing package was valued at $7.6 billion and the Saab offer at $6 billion, according to the newspaper.

The French jet also scored behind the two other contenders in a technical evaluation carried out by the air force, which lobbied hard for the Gripen both with the government and in Brazil's media.

Gripen NG Demo Flies Far from Its Nest

Last week the Gripen NG demo was making its international debut by taking part in the last phase of the Indian evaluation trials for the MMRCA (Medium Multi- Role Combat Aircraft) tender in India.

To date the aircraft has flown some 135 test flights in Sweden and is now testing its wings abroad, showing the international arena that next generation Gripen fighter development is on track.

"This achievement just shows the expertise and high technology capability that Sweden boasts in developing and manufacturing a fighter aircraft of this calibre. Several international pilots have already flown and evaluated the Gripen NG demo in Sweden, including pilots from Brazil and India, and we are confident that this aircraft meets or exceeds every operational requirement raised by the Indian Air Force," says Eddy de la Motte, Gripen Campaign Director, India.

The harsh environment of the Leh airbase, 3,300m high up in the Himalayas, proved to be no match for the Swedish fighter where it cleared the high altitude trials.

The Gripen NG demo is the flying platform which is being used to train and develop the new technologies and features incorporated into the Gripen NG. The Gripen NG has been specifically developed to meet the operational requirements of countries such as India and Brazil, which require a next-generation fighter with significantly increased combat range and endurance, increased payload and super cruise capability.

Gripen NG Demo Flies Far from Its Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom