What's new

DARPA flies a Black Hawk helicopter without a pilot for 30 minutes

Always ahead of their rivals :usflag:
I doubt China is not doing that. Given the advance of AI and remote sensing plus China matured remote control of UCAV. China may have conducted similar test. China tested a remote control autonomous warship almost in similar time with US counterpart and was never reported by any Chinese news but US intelligence managed to pick it up and report it.

Given aircraft can be tested more inland. It is more difficult obtain such news from China.

I doubt China is not doing that. Given the advance of AI and remote sensing plus China matured remote control of UCAV. China may have conducted similar test. China tested a remote control autonomous warship almost in similar time with US counterpart and was never reported by any Chinese news but US intelligence managed to pick it up and report it.

Given aircraft can be tested more inland. It is more difficult obtain such news from China.
Oh I bet China is doing everything USA is doing or has already Done, Chinese are progressing faster than many expected.

Always ahead of their rivals :usflag:
the Europeans, especially the french are your rivals. Not the Chinese in technology.
The french have a pretty independent industry , civil as well as military. They quietly build stuff in the most advanced fields like aeronautics, run a pretty good space program and to top it off have a independent foreign policy.
Other Europeans especially the germans lack ambition, especially in the military production field , given their expertise.

the Europeans, especially the french are your rivals. Not the Chinese in technology.
The french have a pretty independent industry , civil as well as military. They quietly build stuff in the most advanced fields like aeronautics, run a pretty good space program and to top it off have a independent foreign policy.
Other Europeans especially the germans lack ambition, especially in the military production field , given their expertise.
Here are we talking about AI? I don't see french having any lead in autonomous and AI lead even over China.

d41586-020-03409-8_18662766.png

Here are we talking about AI? I don't see french having any lead in autonomous and AI lead even over China.

View attachment 814478
china has advantage in concerted funding and quantity at the moment, but in applied technology, it's still a follower. All modern innovations are from the west.
Maybe in a couple of decades China can start to challenge in innovation but that will require a very independent thinking process. Let's see.

china has advantage in concerted funding and quantity at the moment, but in applied technology, it's still a follower. All modern innovations are from the west.
Maybe in a couple of decades China can start to challenge in innovation but that will require a very independent thinking process. Let's see.
I don't how is DJI product , China UCAV like WL-II and ehang AAV is not considered applied technology. My article and links are there for you to read.

The world technology is changing fast becos of China and no doubt US is worry about that.

I don't how is DJI product , China UCAV like WL-II and ehang AAV is not considered applied technology. My article and links are there for you to read.

The world technology is changing fast becos of China and no doubt US is worry about that.
China has expanded very fast in the drone market no doubt but drones were not a Chinese innovation.
That's like claiming high speed trains were invented by the Chinese because you make the most. We all know Chinese hsr are based totally on Siemens and Japanese trains.

China has expanded very fast in the drone market no doubt but drones were not a Chinese innovation.
That's like claiming high speed trains were invented by the Chinese because you make the most. We all know Chinese hsr are based totally on Siemens and Japanese trains.
So if Chinese invented gunpowder and that means all any subsequent gunpowder related techs is exclusive Chinese credit?

Do you know what is AAV? No one has managed to used a drone to carry passenger until Chinese ehang is the first. There are plenty of technology hurdle to cross to fulfil such task since it involves a human life onboard. They are distance away compare to parcel and photo taking drone.

And comes to HSR, China HSR is the world fastest travelling operation high speed train in the world. Their operation speed is higher compare to Japan and Europe and not to mention, the stability it's exhibit. To travel such high speed and yet still maintain such stability is definitely not some technology from Japan or Siemen.

There are other YouTuber who did a comparison between China , Japan and German HSR. Chinese one are more stable and on top of that Chinese HSR average speed is much higher compare to other 2. This is a feat!

1644649078859.png

The DARPA Aircrew Labor In-Cockpit Automation System (ALIAS) program has completed the first-ever flight of a UH-60A Black Hawk helicopter without anyone on board for 30 minutes over the U.S. Army facility at Fort Campbell, Kentucky in On February 5th, an additional unmanned flight was conducted on February 7th.

1644649140943.png

The Black Hawk is modernized with the Sikorsky MATRIX™ independence technologies that are at the heart of ALIAS and can change the way pilots and aircrews carry out their missions by providing assistance when flying with limited or no communications.

ALIAS is a flexible and scalable automation architecture for existing manned aircraft that enables safe crew operations to be reduced, facilitating the addition of high levels of automation to existing aircraft. It also provides a platform for integrating additional capabilities for automation or autonomy tailored to specific tasks.

1644649360888.png

ALIAS aims to support complete mission execution from take-off to landing, including independently dealing with emergency events such as aircraft system failure. User-friendly interfaces facilitate interaction between the admin and ALIAS.

“With ALIAS, the military will have more operational flexibility,” Young said. "This includes the ability to operate aircraft at all times of the day or night, with and without pilots, and in a variety of challenging conditions, such as contested, crowded, and degraded visual environments."

1644649435272.png

https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-u...y_and_innovation_story&linkId=100000108226212

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom