What's new

Dalai Lama considers himself 'son of India'

Dem!god

Reaction score
Country
India
Guwahati: Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama considers himself as the son of India and he was very happy here.

"A total of 54 years I am having Indian rice, chapati, tea. Now I consider myself as the son of India, son of the soil," the Dalai Lama said here on Sunday while interacting with reporters here.

"I am very happy," said the spiritual leader who was here to inaugurate a five-day Festival of Tibetan Art and Culture and deliver the First LBS Founders' Commemorative Lecture on 'A Human Approach to Peace and the Individual'.

Yesterday, he addressed an Interfaith Conclave on Peace and Religious Harmony here.

Following the invasion of Tibet by China, the Dalai Lama had passed through Guwahati in 1959 after his escape from his country via the Khenzimani Pass in Arunachal Pradesh with 80,000 Tibetans.
Dalai Lama considers himself `son of India`

We too are honored Sir, to have you here in our country.....:)

Your envy will not help you to prove anything. Statement of dalai lama proves that. Ours is not a nation where people are in que to Migrate and Migrated people want themselves to be Identified as European or American.

The British would disagree dude.

The Dalai Lama seems to be very polarizing for some, yet a very fascinating and loved figure to others. I must do more research on him and try to fully understand why this is.

As he is Indian by his own admission,Tibet is a state of India,we must liberate Tibet from the evil Chinese communist imperialists.

They have some good crap at the dollar lama.

Yeah, it's getting boring but i would pay to see india start a war with China.
No need to,Indians are chanakya,we already have a Arunachal pradesh.The Dalai Lama is a well respected global figure standing for freedom and representative of tibetan people who are victims of chinsese nazism.

I never heard Dalai Lama saying anything against China, why are the Chinese pissed of him ?

Back
Top Bottom