What's new

Czech Foreign Minister researching mechanisms for developing joint defense cooperation with Egypt

You beat me to it. I was actually going to make a list of the platforms themselves which I can still do, as far as the ones they've already committed to and have or are on their way. It's most impressive without a doubt. Some they'll have to move away from and seek other types & sources such as the Type 209s. We'll also have to see what the Germans allowed on the 4 Mekos and if any systems are off limits and under weaponized because of that cancer next door. But it sounds like they're already ahead of the curve on that process anyway, so that's a good thing.
There is the Lurssen deal that sounds the most important as far as Germany is concerned..
Remember.. the MICA-NG was bought specifically for the Egyptian MEKOs..So no worries..
Scorpene are actually better than the Type-209 that I like a lot.. it is not only a matter of capabilities but mostly the possibility of ToT.. only type-214 or type-216 can match the Scorpene.. But the SMX-31E is another world on its own..And if Egypt links its Tech transfer with a big Scorpene deal (with TOT of course).. it would have pulled the best deal of all times as far as the EN is concerned..

Remember.. the MICA-NG was bought specifically for the Egyptian MEKOs..So no worries..

That's just one of many systems that's "supposed" to be part of that ship, SC bro. I'm referring to the entire package of not only weapons, but electronics and comms and warfare caps. Remember what the French did with the FREMM and the fact that the EN hasn't even been interested in pursuing any additional ships from France and went with the Bergaminis, which they're incredibly pleased with. So if you look at what is supposed to come with a single MEKO ship:

For armament only:
For electronic warfare:
  • ESM/ECM: Saab Grintek Avitronics SME 100/200 ESM (Intercept and Jammer) & ELINT
  • Decoys: 2 Saab Grintek Avitronics MRL Super Barricade chaff launchers (96 decoys)
When I looked these up shortly after the deal for the ships, naturally my eyebrows were raised at the block 2 Exocets and then the Saab Grintek intercept and jammer & ELINT. Naturally the exocet will be limited as we know but I was very curious is Saab would allow Egypt to possess their jamming and ELINT system, considering how they view Egypt and Sisi. So if anything, there are at the least, questions to be asked and answers to obtain for those systems. And the problem is always that Germany is completely subservient to Israel while building their Dolphins.

The torpedoes on the type 209 have a lousy range and are somewhat powerful, but there are much better torpedoes that should be part of an ATTACK submarine, not to mention VLS missiles including of course, land attack which are not part of the package. Hence my complete disapproval of those subs and like you say, without a question, while seeking additional "equipment" for the German subs in the EN to supplement their capabilities, they certainly need to move on and make a concerted effort for the Scorpene and other choices that won't be influenced by the cancer next door. That's pretty much the crux of my point about the type 209s.

it is not only a matter of capabilities but mostly the possibility of ToT..

Yes, of course. :-)

only type-214 or type-216 can match the Scorpene.. But the SMX-31E is another world on its own..And if Egypt links its Tech transfer with a big Scorpene deal (with TOT of course).. it would have pulled the best deal of all times as far as the EN is concerned..

Exactly. I'm sure that they had a plan with the purchase of the 4 209s, without a doubt they were aware of all the restrictions that would be imposed and the strength level of the weapons and electronics. I didn't include the radar & surveillance plus sonar systems that are supposed to be standard on the Mekos since they're a combination of Thales and Reutech which the EN already has equipment from Thales and there are no issues with them and the German systems for sonar and IFF and all the other stuff shouldn't be an issue. But we'll be able to take a good look and identify a lot of those systems from pics once the ships arrive ISA.

But my whole point is that Egypt needs to completely separate itself from those who are influenced from the next door cancer with the exception of the US which it has done to a certain extent and that is perfect. But Germany needs to be very very very limited as a supplier as they move on and look a lot more to Italy, Spain etc. Don't forget also, Brazil is very friendly with the neighbors. So they'll have to do their due diligence with them also.

But the SMX-31E is another world on its own..And if Egypt links its Tech transfer with a big Scorpene deal (with TOT of course).. it would have pulled the best deal of all times as far as the EN is concerned..

I agree, ma bro. Let's hope they pull it off and if they do, they'll deserve A LOT of praise!

I do not want to spoil the ambition, but there is nothing with Italy in the coming period, but I have happy and more happy news.
There is a contract being prepared from France with an approximate value of 7 billion euros, but rather, two submarines from the Australian contract are being funded by a Gulf country with a loan, the value of which is more than one billion euros for one submarine.
images-3.jpeg
images-2.jpeg
images-1.jpeg

I do not want to spoil the ambition, but there is nothing with Italy in the coming period, but I have happy and more happy news.
There is a contract being prepared from France with an approximate value of 7 billion euros, but rather, two submarines from the Australian contract are being funded by a Gulf country with a loan, the value of which is more than one billion euros for one submarine.View attachment 781372View attachment 781373View attachment 781374
I don't believe you..HaHaHa..

Frankly speaking the submarines that were intended for Australia are the French nuclear submarines "Shortfin Barracuda" minus the nuclear propulsion.. and all the Submarine systems were supposed to be American.. I guess the conventional propulsion was not efficiet hence the US new proposal for nuclear propulsion..

Barracuda-class-SSN-003.jpg

4abce554bcb2d783b86f87df3e0c6c02--barracuda-modern-warfare.jpg

Frankly speaking the submarines that were intended for Australia are the French nuclear submarines "Shortfin Barracuda" minus the nuclear propulsion.. and all the Submarine systems were supposed to be American.. I guess the conventional propulsion was not efficiet hence the US new proposal for nuclear propulsion..

Barracuda-class-SSN-003.jpg

4abce554bcb2d783b86f87df3e0c6c02--barracuda-modern-warfare.jpg
So we wait to see what happens

Yeah I don't either lol. It would be rather disappointing considering that would mean no more Bergaminis and we heard of at least 4 more, didn't we? Not to mention the constant info about the mega deal being discussed with the Typhoons taken out of it.

Now there's a submarine! Much more like it!

So according to the literature in that pic, it says that "France will deliver 12 attack submarines to Australis after the signing of the contract du siecle whatever that means. Makes you wonder what the timing of that was and if there are any of them actually already to be delivered or to be delivered by 2030.

There is a contract being prepared from France with an approximate value of 7 billion euros, but rather, two submarines from the Australian contract are being funded by a Gulf country with a loan, the value of which is more than one billion euros for one submarine.

The problem will be how watered down both, the frigates and corvettes and the 2 submarines will be. Hopefully France is very pissed off at the US for sliding under it and stealing the huge $66 billion contract it had with Australia that now it will supply anything and everything to Egypt and others that are superficially considered threats to the cancer next door, just to make a statement to the US.

So according to the literature in that pic, it says that "France will deliver 12 attack submarines to Australis after the signing of the contract du siecle whatever that means. Makes you wonder what the timing of that was and if there are any of them actually already to be delivered or to be delivered by 2030.
There was supposed to be production line tech transfer.. I guess they did not even go that far..The news about cancelling the deal surfaced almost 2 years ago already.. so for sure none were made yet..

Scorpene, scorpene, scorpene!!! I'm chanting here! France is learning the hard way that anglosphere is the bigger objective, so france was sidelined. I truly hope they give those barracuda and scorpenes to egypt, this may edge the French to go "cheaper" with their gowinds as well. Also what will the fate of the egyptian type 209s be after the other more advanced subs come into service? Will they be used for training? Or perhaps be given to the greeks? Or used as secondary line defence for egyptian coasts? They must upgrade them with AIP capabilities. Personally I'd LOVE to see a mix of gowinds and berghaminis in the EN. Also, egypt MUST heavily invest in submarine manufacturing, considering the way we look at warfare is changing, and the fact of the manner is, there's no stopping it. Submarines are the future of naval warfare.

It is the right time to pressure France (if necessary) about the Scorpene TOT.. in these circumstances..France will hit the Usraeli heads if they oppose it ..

Back
Top Bottom