What's new

Current status of Indian Russian friendship treaty ?

stop leaving in the past guys....

the relation between India and soviet union in cold war era is very much different ..
that time soviet union need to project its regional dominance in south asia because the influence of USA was spreading via Pakistan ,.... And India can only be the puppet of any one of these super powers and India choose soviet as its ally ...
but now case is different our economy is improving tremendously and all the countries are willing to invest in india and trying to utilize our market , and our government playing diplomatically to gain this benefit...

in my view what ever the current relation between india and russia is pure business

just my thoughts

not on this thread topic but what i gather now from the college youth is this about india
1> india is ShahrukhKhan
2> india is bollywood song
3> india is spicy food
4> india is goa
5> india is saree with decor
6> india is friend
7> india is hot and lots of people
8> india is a powerful economy

thats why an avg guy knows about india i guess but evrybody respects indians if they know if you are from there the old know indira gandhi and raj kapoor still but the youth thinks indus are good people
still they dont think russia will nuke anybody if they attack india

What??? Why will any country get into nuclear war for the sake of any other country??? This is plane rubbish...I think i missed the nature of argument so should better shutup...Anyways thanks for clarification...

What??? Why will any country get into nuclear war for the sake of any other country??? This is plane rubbish...I think i missed the nature of argument so should better shutup...Anyways thanks for clarification...

thats what i said its a stupid point its like saying india will nuke anybody who will nuke russia but then some guys tried to argue around that and say what not to justify

thats what i said its a stupid point its like saying india will nuke anybody who will nuke russia but then some guys tried to argue around that and say what not to justify

But , what if in 1971 USA tried to attack India [ i think situation was very close when US send its USS Enterprise to Bay of Bengal]
and soviet ships are ready to back India ...?

may be cold war might have been turned in to real war....

^^^ That was 40 yrs. back....Now America is offering us P-8I which will be inducted in INDIAN NAVY simultaneously with USN...

Having said that INDIA-RUSSIA relations are still very strong and i hope they remain forever..

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

^^^ That was 40 yrs. back....Now America is offering us P-8I which will be inducted in INDIAN NAVY simultaneously with USN...

Having said that INDIA-RUSSIA relations are still very strong and i hope they remain forever..

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

i know dude.... , i was just replying to AV s post...

I must agree with most of the points put forth by the Russian member here. Russia is not the Soviet Union. The relations are now characterized by pure business. In the event of a Nuke attack(with second strike capability of India neutralised), Russia will probably condemn the attacks, then urge both sides not to escalate the situation. It will not take the risk of having its own cities bombed for the sake of India. The treaty is an outcome of the particular circumstances of the time, now no longer valid.

not on this thread topic but what i gather now from the college youth is this about india
1> india is ShahrukhKhan
2> india is bollywood song
3> india is spicy food
4> india is goa
5> india is saree with decor
6> india is friend
7> india is hot and lots of people
8> india is a powerful economy

thats why an avg guy knows about india i guess but evrybody respects indians if they know if you are from there the old know indira gandhi and raj kapoor still but the youth thinks indus are good people
still they dont think russia will nuke anybody if they attack india

in india when we are discussing about the Indian foreign relations we used to say only one think
"how we can trust USA they are playing as business man between us and Pakistan , at least we can trust Russia and they will stand our side in any situation"

whatever it is the current relation ship , in India we are considering our relation ship more than mere a business and we believe Russia as our true partner in all aspects :cheers:

in india when we are discussing about the Indian foreign relations we used to say only one think
"how we can trust USA they are playing as business man between us and Pakistan , at least we can trust Russia and they will stand our side in any situation"

whatever it is the current relation ship , in India we are considering our relation ship more than mere a business and we believe Russia as our true partner in all aspects :cheers:

I think its the business which is keeping us as a friend....russia needs $$$ and India needs arms and support on th international platform.

the highlighted part based on what parameter? any figures ? what people to people contact is missing now that was there before? russia is not soviet union no equation is drawn between the two in terms of policies

it means cultural exchange, smoother and easy visa policies fro students and tourists,etc...which helps genereal people of two countries two mix more and more,helping in creating a bond between people.which I am sure you must have not understod in these two years of posting.and this does not need any parameter to measure...and no one is drwaing Soviet union and Russia....soviet union was a friend first and business parter later..which is not the case with russia. jingo dance !!

well both country need each other and that is need of friendship russia helped many times no doubt on it and India also play same role

India -Russia relation will go more deep and deep

well both country need each other and that is need of friendship russia helped many times no doubt on it and India also play same role

India -Russia relation will go more deep and deep

Thats the problem dude....some very very old members :rofl: here think that India is of no use to Russia and Russia is the only one helping India.

If Russia has been friends then so has been India....thats why I said its the only the Govt which thinks that way and general public only thinks since India took a neutral stand during the georgian war,its of no use.

Thats the problem dude....some very very old members :rofl: here think that India is of no use to Russia and Russia is the only one helping India.

If Russia has been friends then so has been India....thats why I said its the only the Govt which thinks that way and general public only thinks since India took a neutral stand during the georgian war,its of no use.

well no doubut what senior or junior members think its what pepoles think russian and indian pepoles think close to each other

russia know in future they need india as china is increasing its power and they cant forget USA

both india and ruusia are freind and need each other

in my view Russia - India-Israel-France can be good friend in future we have to work on the equation

india russia friendship will be fine ,russian want to restore their influence in the indian ocean, india can transfuse Billions$ blood to russia's military enterprises every year. su-35,their plan about kuznetsov ,the new production line of mig-29,the T-50 program,possible MMRCA deal,etc,they don't have enough money for any of these if it wasn't india,india is irreplaceable to russia's rebuilding plan

Last edited:
it means cultural exchange, smoother and easy visa policies fro students and tourists,etc...which helps genereal people of two countries two mix more and more,helping in creating a bond between people.which I am sure you must have not understod in these two years of posting.and this does not need any parameter to measure...and no one is drwaing Soviet union and Russia....soviet union was a friend first and business parter later..which is not the case with russia. jingo dance !!

you have zero knowledge for visa policies between india and russia so stop the blah blah

1> indians are offered visas in less than 24 hours
2> indian business men get trade licences easily from russia
3> indian goods enjoy preferred status <selected ones>
4> pharma exports are tax free ><some of them >
5> free work permits for indian nationals

now stop the BS spewing since you have no idea

hundreds of indian students come to russia for studies including avaiation,medicine , physics we have indian special professors and tie up with indian univs
on a regular basis millions of russians flok indian cities including goa , russian invest in india is growing big , cultural programes take place on a regular basis even exchange basis

so you have no idea about anything so WHO IS THE JINGO NOW ?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom