What's new

Curious case of anti-CAA protests

Reaction score
Country
India
For 70 years, Indian Muslims never/rarely protested against daily discrimination.

For 70 years, Indian Muslims never/rarely protested against riots.

For 70 years, Indian Muslims never/rarely protested against questioning of their loyalties and occasional need to prove their patriotism.

For 70 years, Indian Muslims never/rarely protested against Babri Masjid demolition.

For 70 years, Indian Muslims never/rarely protested regarding general issues that actually matter to them viz economy, employment, poverty, governance etc.

Suddenly in the wake of CAB, they have been protesting vociferously for weeks with patriotic fervor and zeal. Some of them are even sacrificing their own lives for an issue that doesn't affect them! Wonder where they get the energy to fight for this particular CAB/CAA issue.

- PRTP GWD

Last edited:
Yeah it's weird they stay so quiet isn't it....I mean.... It's not like they get pogromed or their daughters get raped any time they try to claim their dignity and rights.

Gujarat 2002. Delhi 2019/20. Kashmir 1947 - present.

For 70 years, Indian Muslims never/rarely protested against daily discrimination.

For 70 years, Indian Muslims never/rarely protested against questioning of their loyalties and occasional need to prove their patriotism.

For 70 years, Indian Muslims never/rarely protested against Babri Masjid demolition.

For 70 years, Indian Muslims never/rarely protested regarding general issues that actually matter to them viz economy, employment, poverty, governance etc.

Suddenly in the wake of CAB, they have been protesting vociferously for weeks with patriotic fervor and zeal. Some of them are even sacrificing their own lives for an issue that doesn't affect them! Wonder where they get the energy to fight for this particular CAB/CAA issue.

- PRTP GWD
DOES NOT AFFECT THEM ??
Do you have any idea about the CAA and how it is directly affecting the Muslims? If you are really that stupid then i pity you.

- PRTP GWD

I know where you are going with that........ Let me try to answer by a picture,

cB6xN9Xa_400x400.jpg

But honestly its all internal. Nothing to do with above.

DOES NOT AFFECT THEM ??
Do you have any idea about the CAA and how it is directly affecting the Muslims? If you are really that stupid then i pity you.
Musalman tou Musalman, bahut se Hindu bhi brainwash ho gaye hai CAA ke against mein.

- PRTP GWD

- PRTP GWD
@Shahzaz ud din @Mugwop @Baby Leone

- PRTP GWD

I agree!!

For 70years Indian muslims are being persecuted and they should keep getting persecuted peacefully.

No need to rise up to any attrocities by Indians against their minorities.

@jamahir

DOES NOT AFFECT THEM ??

Thanks, brother.

My family and many of my relatives are still undecided as to where from we can obtain the necessary documents needed to prove our Indian citizenship. It's not like we have rural land docs.

I don't know what situations may arise in a few months.

I agree!!

For 70years Indian muslims are being persecuted and they should keep getting persecuted peacefully.

No need to rise up to any attrocities by Indians against their minorities.

@jamahir

Well, a generic word like "Indians" would be doing a disservice to those Indians who have been supporting the anti-CAA Muslim protesters. For example, there were some Sikhs from Punjab who had opened a langar ( community kitchen ) in the Shaheen Bagh protest.

However, the Delhi disturbance saw retaliation by the local Muslims against the Hindutva thugs who were trucked in from Haryana and UP. Yet it was maily Muslims who lost lives. That is fact.

But I wish that such events don't happen again.

CAA in itself is not a issue. How many Pakistanis, Afghans or bangladeshi muslims want to really take refuge in india ? Bangladeshis are economic migrants, not refugees. As I understand, under the CAA law , illegal muslim refugees will have to wait for 12 years for citizenship , while others will get it in 7 years.
Problem is this bjp government's intentions. They are so obviously anti muslim , that unless people raise their voice against this trend, muslims will become 2nd class citizens in India.

CAA in itself is not a issue. How many Pakistanis, Afghans or bangladeshi muslims want to really take refuge in india ? Bangladeshis are economic migrants, not refugees. As I understand, under the CAA law , illegal muslim refugees will have to wait for 12 years for citizenship , while others will get it in 7 years.
Problem is this bjp government's intentions. They are so obviously anti muslim , that unless people raise their voice against this trend, muslims will become 2nd class citizens in India.

Hello Dark1, what I desire is that India become such a Progressive country that even when someone seeks refuge in India it should also be because that person is a Progressive and their own country cannot guarantee their security or are actively prosecuting the said person.

Say, those from Burma, Brunei, Saudia etc. Even say the Leftists and "Occupy" activists from the five Anglo countries.

Hello Dark1, what I desire is that India become such a Progressive country that even when someone seeks refuge in India it should also be because that person is a Progressive and their own country cannot guarantee their security or are actively prosecuting the said person.

Say, those from Burma, Brunei, Saudia etc. Even say the Leftists and "Occupy" activists from the five Anglo countries.
I personally dont want refugees from any country of any religion. Keep them for a while if in immediate need but make it clear that you have to return to your country when conditions become ok. Why give countries like Burma the facility of throwing their minorities out for any reason.? I cant give other examples from the neighborhood as people in power here seem very sensitive . Every country has to treat all its citizens humanely. No free passes.
India is a very poor country. We are not a 50k usd per capita country ,like canada , which is a dreamland for ppl from 2k usd countries. I was watching a documentary on channelnewsasia last week on illegal migrants from Bangladesh to India. They were very open that they get double the money working in India , so they hop across the fence , risking life and limb. It's purely economic and leads to bad relations in the eastern states.
I will repeat, India is a very poor country. We have to look after our extreme poor before we help others financially.

And in any case the CAA is specific and only covers minorities from 3 countries (that too who may have have come in before a specific timeline). It does not affect current citizens. As for the uproar, the uninformed and the devious minded can keep making noise, this is now an act of law.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom