What's new

Crimea: Largest Mosque Ever Built, for Crimean Tatars: Exclusive Report, vs Western Propaganda

I love the mosques in Russia - construction quality and design are superfluous. Also the use of primary colours like blue/turquoise creates a exquisite blend. Lesson for mosque architects in Pakistan where Shah Faisel Mosque asides from sixze is hideous by comparison. Reminds me of those horrible British 1960s council estate architecture using ugly concrete and straight/square shapes ...

@vostok

I love the mosques in Russia - construction quality and design are superfluous. Also the use of primary colours like blue/turquoise creates a exquisite blend. Lesson for mosque architects in Pakistan where Shah Faisel Mosque asides from sixze is hideous by comparison. Reminds me of those horrible British 1960s council estate architecture using ugly concrete and straight/square shapes ...

@vostok
It will be open next year.

July 2018
f_Y2RuMS5pbWcudWtyYWluYS5ydS9pbWFnZXMvMTAyMDcxLzM1LzEwMjA3MTM1NTkuanBnP19faWQ9MTEwODE0[1].jpeg

What have Ukrainians ever done for Crimea? They didn't even recognize Tatar language. Russians do. And a lot more than that.

Islam taking over 'Europe'. Wait a minute was Islam not in Crimea before 'Europe' arrived?

I would not call that Roman/Byzantine. All architecture is by definition fusion of preceeding cultures. Persia/Egypt informed Greece which informed Rome which informed Byzantine which informed Ottoman. I would call that style Ottoman.

In all of the above cases the original sources are still accredited. Sure the successors added their own stuff to it, but the original source is still credited . This is especially true of the Hagia Sophia (the pic I posted) which is just a Byzantine Cathedral with minarets added to it after the Turks conquered Constantinople.

The Sultan Ahmed Mosque utilizes the same dome design as the Hagia Sophia in addition to traditional Persian architectural designs. In fact when one looks at both Hagia Sophia and the Sultan Ahmed Mosque one can see that the latter was heavily influenced by the former.

Byzantine Hagia Sophia:

NDM4MTU4NT-ayasofya-muzesinin-camiye-donusturulme-konusu-ingiliz-basininda-yer-aldi.jpg

Ottoman Sultan Ahmed Mosque:

Istanbul-Constantinople-Sultan-Ahmet-Camii-Sultan-Ahmed-Moschee-2004.jpg

"The Romans were the first builders in the history of architecture to realize the potential of domes for the creation of large and well-defined interior spaces"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_domes

That is not quite true. Crimea was Christian long before Islam came there.
Yes. It appears you are right. Kieven Rus converted circa 980 after considering Islam, Judaism, Western Christianity and Orthodox Christianity.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom