American Pakistani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
'Cricket fans in Pakistan wanted India to beat Australia'
HT Correspondent/Aseem, Hindustan Times
Amritsar, March 25, 2011

The India-Pakistan semifinal clash in the cricket world cup is not only expected to gather huge attention here in India but the emotions are also running high across the border for this big game. As soon as Yuvraj Singh hit the winning runs for India in the quarterfinal against Australia on late Thu rsday night, all eyes got set on Mohali where now India faces Pakistan in the world cup semis.

"These winning runs were not only cheered in India but also across the border as people in Pakistan also wanted a semifinal clash between the two nations," this was what Khurram Habib, an Indian student had to say when he came back from Pakistan after a visit.

Talking to HT at Attari Border, Khurram, who had come back by bus said, "Last night I was watching the India-Australia match on TV in Pakistan and even the Pakistani nationals wanted India to win against Australia. As soon as India won the match, people there were happy and very keen for the India-Pakistan semifinal game."

The atmosphere in Pakistan about the semifinal match is electric and they all want a good game of cricket, he added.

Meanwhile Ghulam Abbas, who was a driver of the bus also emphasized that although their was more craze in India but ever since the India-Pakistan semifinal game is announced, the craze has gone up manifold, he added.

"Everybody wants to see the game between India and Pakistan. People want to come to India to watch the game and they will come if visas are being given."

looking forward to it, may the better team win. good luck to Pakistan and India

Cricket fans all over the subcontinent wanted India to beat Australia.

Just read on the newspaper, yesterday there was a big screen on a beach of Colombo and around 2000 spectators. Everyone shouting for India. When asked by the journos, why, they said they will support the south Asian teams over the goras!!!! lol

In international arena, No one knows or care about cricket forget world cup just beat pakistan with good margin.

yeah anyway who don't want see epic india pakistan match, that too in world cup & above all it is semi final.

well i dont care who win as long as its in sub continent but (still better be pak:angel:)

i just wanted india to win, because we want to beat them, india is ours share not others :devil:

come on beta, daddy is waiting for you :devil:

i just wanted india to win, because we want to beat them, india is ours share not others :devil:

come on beta, daddy is waiting for you :devil:

Yes, we'll show you who the daddy is just as we showed you in the last 9 world cup matches?!

That's one the greatest opportunity India has to win the world cup. Indian batting line is strongest compare to any team. Home ground. I think Pakistan and NewZeland are the weakest teams....unfortunately Indian media has turn this match into life and death situation .....

According to Dhoni ..people want us to win match with Pakistan and any cost, we don't care if you lose world cup...

Back
Top Bottom